Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2017, 10:51   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousshoes View Post
so this is the best ive got on my VW vento tsi so far.
I suppose running in does make a difference and so does a light foot and moderate speed. Thats the tough part with a tsi dsg
cheers
That is some crazy numbers there famousshoes !!

Honestly, I must admit that this is not a complete shocker to me. These VAG engines offer an uncanny combination of Performance and Efficiency. if driven right, and maintained religiously, I think these engines more often than not outlast the ownership.

During a Bangalore-Munnar road trip, with some long coastings and light foot for the most part, this was the best I could get from my 1.6 GT TDI!!

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-mileage.jpeg

P.S - My biggest gripe is the VAG's spare part inventory, and quite an incompetent after sales.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 9th October 2017 at 10:54.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 11:13   #587
Senior - BHPian

Even my Jetta on highway trips returns around 19-20 kmpl cruising at around 100. What I love about it is, even at that speed the cruising is so effortless, thanks to the 2.0 engine.
Old 10th October 2017, 10:26   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
During a Bangalore-Munnar road trip, with some long coastings and light foot for the most part, this was the best I could get from my 1.6 GT TDI!!

whoaa!! hahaha that is ridiculousness bordering on illegal man! amazing, i can see you are a zen driver!
pained to hear about the after sales service , my experience in mumbai has been quite happy though. what spare parts did you have a problem sourcing?

Last edited by famousshoes : 10th October 2017 at 10:29.
Old 10th October 2017, 10:42   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousshoes View Post

whoaa!! hahaha that is ridiculousness bordering on illegal man!
Yep...imagine if VW got to know what this 1.6 TDI is actually capable of.
They may just re-launch this in their 11,456th Polo Facelift!!

Quote:

what spare parts ddi you have a problem sourcing?
If you follow my ownership thread, I have documented my ordeal of dealing with VW A.S.S when my GT's EGR went kaput. My car was in my garage for a week, and at VW yard for another 10 days. So basically, was out of commission for nearly 3 weeks

Even the tiniest and probably the most obvious part such as Rear Wiper Blade is not available, considering its the monsoon season now from 2 months.

But all said and done, every time I get behind the wheel, everything else is forgiven and forgotten.
Old 31st December 2017, 10:56   #590
BHPian

To all the vento Tdi Dsg owners. I am in the market to buy a diesel automatic car. Options I had short listed were
1. New Verna
2.Vento
3. Hexa xma (for that awesome ride quality only).
I also kept another eye on the used car market. Very difficult to find Vento DSG with individuals. Most of them are with dealers in Pune which I am avoiding. Saw a Dec 2016 Vento tdi Dsg run for about 21000kms with an individual. Final price after negotiations is 10.5 Lacs with zero dep insurance recently renewed and extended warranty bought by the previous owner. How does this reflect in comparison to
1.buying a new vento(2017 manufactured with OTR 14.85 after discounts)? What maintenance costs am I looking at for the used one? Preowned Car is in excellent condition with detailed service history.
2. New Verna diesel at otr 15.85 with no discounts.
3. Tata xma diesel. We are only the two of us mostly but this car seems to offer the most bang for the buck. And that awesome ride quality to fight the ever so deterioting road conditions in Pune.
Old 31st December 2017, 20:24   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar.Agarwal View Post
To all the vento Tdi Dsg owners. I am in the market to buy a diesel automatic car. Options I had short listed were
1. New Verna
2.Vento
3. Hexa xma (for that awesome ride quality only).
Hi Sagar,
I am in the same boat and looking for diesel automatic only. I wanted to understand why Creta diesel automatic is not in your consideration? Any specific reasons? I am inclined towards new verna just because of my budget and more fuss free drive over a longer period of 5-7 yrs of ownership. Please also do share your final choice once you make a decision.
Old 31st December 2017, 21:12   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
During a Bangalore-Munnar road trip, with some long coastings and light foot for the most part, this was the best I could get from my 1.6 GTi.
Take a bow!
The max that I could manage was 26 km/l.

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-20171113_095540.jpg

This was achieved after almost 2 years of ownership (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4327372 ) . So, it took some time and driving to reach this milestone.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 21:29   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To all the vento Tdi Dsg owners. I am in the market to buy a diesel automatic car. How does this reflect in comparison to
1.buying a new vento(2017 manufactured with OTR 14.85 after discounts)? What maintenance costs am I looking at for the used one?
The 1-year pre-owned car with 21k km running if available with a clean service history - should be a good purchase at 10.85 grand. And with the insurance + extended warranty covered, that sounds sweet.

However if you are one of those folks with the "only new will do" itch (like yours truly ), then pls go ahead and buy the new Vento. Maintenance costs, for me atleast, have included only the periodic visit costs for servicing. I have paid about INR 20k in the last 2 years.
Believe me, in Pune, BUB have come about with their after-sales service a long way in the recent past and are seemingly more responsive these days.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 01:38   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
The 1-year pre-owned car with 21k km running if available with a clean service history - should be a good purchase at 10.85 grand. And with the insurance + extended warranty covered, that sounds sweet.

However if you are one of those folks with the "only new will do" itch (like yours truly ), then pls go ahead and buy the new Vento. Maintenance costs, for me atleast, have included only the periodic visit costs for servicing. I have paid about INR 20k in the last 2 years.
Believe me, in Pune, BUB have come about with their after-sales service a long way in the recent past and are seemingly more responsive these days.
Thank you for the response. After weighing in all options and reading all the ownership threads I have decided to go with the preowned Vento. I am sold on the idea of buying a used car thanks to our forum. This is my 5th used car in as many years(all had to be sold due to moving from one place to another). Only thing I don’t like is the white colour. Final price I have got it down to 10.5 Lacs so I can’t complain. The vento looks superb in blue and silver though. Will be taking delivery of the Dec 2016 preowned Vento tomorrow. Shall post be ownership review soon after. We should catch up sometime in Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Hi Sagar,
I am in the same boat and looking for diesel automatic only. I wanted to understand why Creta diesel automatic is not in your consideration? Any specific reasons? I am inclined towards new verna just because of my budget and more fuss free drive over a longer period of 5-7 yrs of ownership. Please also do share your final choice once you make a decision.
Hi. The only reason I would buy the Creta over the Verna is the ground clearance and maybe slightly better ride quality. Hyundai has messed up with the features off late be it the Creta or even the Santa Fe. Some features are available in the grand i10 or the elite i20 but not the Creta. Creta facelift is around the corner. And IMHO the Hexa xma just trumps the Creta in the same price range. With our roads going in the direction they are, ride quality becomes the most important aspect for me in buying a car. That’s where the Hexa comes out so good that it makes you forget the negatives. The only reason I didn’t buy it is because my work doesn’t allow me to drive my car as much as my wife and she found it too big to drive daily.

Last edited by SDP : 2nd January 2018 at 21:59. Reason: Please use multi-quote instead of typing one post after another.
Sagar.Agarwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 09:33   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After weighing in all options and reading all the ownership threads I have decided to go with the preowned Vento.Shall post be ownership review soon after. We should catch up sometime in Pune.
Super! Congrats for your decision
Will await your experience and the initial pics.

Let's meet up for sure.
Old 5th January 2018, 18:09   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

My good friend AutoSpy managed to snap these pics of a Vento test mule in Pune with "Polo" & "1.6" badging and a "Left Hand Drive" sticker on the rear.

Quite possibly an export model.

See if you can spot any changes vis-a-vis the existing Vento:

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-img20180105wa0000.jpg

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-img20180105wa0001.jpg

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-img20180105wa0002.jpg
Old 5th January 2018, 22:30   #597
BHPian

I certainly don't see any visual difference from the existing model. I wish they would at least reduce the height of the tail light to make it more contemporary and sleeker, if not anything else.
Old 5th January 2018, 23:02   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
My good friend AutoSpy managed to snap these pics of a Vento test mule in Pune with "Polo" & "1.6" badging and a "Left Hand Drive" sticker on the rear.

See if you can spot any changes vis-a-vis the existing Vento:

This seems like an import from Russia.
Old 11th January 2018, 12:45   #599
BHPian

I have been facing some recent issues with my preowned Vento dsg that i need help with.

The Radiator fan(which i suppose) still keeps running for a good 20 to 30 seconds even after the car is switched off completely. Is this normal?

Also the mirror link has some compatibility issues with my samsung phone. I can’t get google maps to run via mirror link on the car screen.

And lastly minor squeaks and rattles from the door and armrest are cropping up. Will soon be going the DIY route for the door squeaks using the pipe method.
Old 11th January 2018, 12:58   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

See if you can spot any changes vis-a-vis the existing Vento
I've seen this in Pune twice accompanied by RHD Polo and Vento.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th March 2018 at 08:05. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks