Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2016, 13:23   #451
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

My hopes were up for a moment too, for the 1.4 TSI, and had thoughts of booking one right away even with my not so good financial situation currently.

Anyways it lasted only a moment till I read volkman's next post
Old 29th May 2016, 17:31   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
My hopes were up for a moment too, for the 1.4 TSI, and had thoughts of booking one right away even with my not so good financial situation currently.
2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-vwpologt3.jpg

Since the next Vento will not launch earlier than 2018, expect the Vento GT to be available in India in 2017

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th May 2016 at 17:44.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 10:03   #453
BHPian

I have recently booked a vento tsi dsg top variant. Wanted to seek inputs regarding the accessories that i might need to add and approximate cost if known.
I don't intend to add navigation as of now since the car is equipped with mirror link and hence i can use my mobile phone for navigation.
Old 1st June 2016, 10:17   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
I have recently booked a vento tsi dsg top variant. Wanted to seek inputs regarding the accessories that i might need to add and approximate cost if known.
I don't intend to add navigation as of now since the car is equipped with mirror link and hence i can use my mobile phone for navigation.
Couple of suggestions from my side if it would help .
> Being sedan reverse camera might be useful
> Mirror link does not work if you have iPhone
> Magnetic sunshades
Old 1st June 2016, 10:27   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Couple of suggestions from my side if it would help .
> Being sedan reverse camera might be useful
> Mirror link does not work if you have iPhone
> Magnetic sunshades
Thanks for your inputs. Any idea about the cost for these accessories.
I use an android phone with mirror link hence i am hopeful that it will work with the car although i have still not tried it.
Old 1st June 2016, 10:48   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Google Maps will not work with MirrorLink as Gmaps is not MirrorLink Certified- which means the app will not show up once you are moving. Sygic Maps should work. Reverse Cam is useful, but again the dealer will say that the new HU on the 2016 Vento/Polo will not support addition of Cam. The Ameo is expected to use this same unit and has reverse cam factory fitted.So that is a mystery for now.

Suggest you wait and see what your pain points are and plan for accessories accordingly.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 1st June 2016 at 10:50.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 11:06   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Google Maps will not work with MirrorLink as Gmaps is not MirrorLink Certified- which means the app will not show up once you are moving. Sygic Maps should work. Reverse Cam is useful, but again the dealer will say that the new HU on the 2016 Vento/Polo will not support addition of Cam. The Ameo is expected to use this same unit and has reverse cam factory fitted.So that is a mystery for now.

Suggest you wait and see what your pain points are and plan for accessories accordingly.
Your post has been very insightful. Thanks a lot. Actually i wanted to get a few freebies from dealer hence i can do it only at the time of delivery. Was thinking of getting few accessories worth 10-15k fitted from the dealer.
Old 1st June 2016, 11:15   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Your post has been very insightful. Thanks a lot. Actually i wanted to get a few freebies from dealer hence i can do it only at the time of delivery. Was thinking of getting few accessories worth 10-15k fitted from the dealer.
In that case, you can push for the reverse cam and see what they say. I had purchased magnetic sunshades from the dealer, so if they have that, worth pushing for. Better quality maps is another one, but not sure if the dealer will have additional options.

A big push can be for the Philadelphia 835 HU with reverse cam.
Old 1st June 2016, 13:38   #459
BHPian

Quote:

I spoke to my SA and he said they cant fit the reverse camera in the HU. I had asked exactly the same question as to why the ameo gets it. He said he will remove the auto dimming mirror and attach the requisute reverse camera mirror at the rate of 12k.
I refused.
I have decided to wait for more time as I have a hunch that with ameo launching VW will bring in some upgrades in the Vento to take it a notch higher.
Atleast I hope the 6 airbags and reverse parking cameras 😊
deevee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 13:55   #460
BHPian

Quote:
In that case, you can push for the reverse cam and see what they say. I had purchased magnetic sunshades from the dealer, so if they have that, worth pushing for. Better quality maps is another one, but not sure if the dealer will have additional options.

A big push can be for the Philadelphia 835 HU with reverse cam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
I spoke to my SA and he said they cant fit the reverse camera in the HU. I had asked exactly the same question as to why the ameo gets it. He said he will remove the auto dimming mirror and attach the requisute reverse camera mirror at the rate of 12k.
I refused.
I have decided to wait for more time as I have a hunch that with ameo launching VW will bring in some upgrades in the Vento to take it a notch higher.
Atleast I hope the 6 airbags and reverse parking cameras 😊
I think i should hold on to the decision of a reverse camera and navigation for a few weeks. Meanwhile i will try the mirror link with compatible apps and try to get a few freebies like magnetic sun shades, car cover, foot mats and scuff plates etc.
Old 10th June 2016, 12:13   #461
BHPian

This review had been really helpful.
I got my Vento highline petrol on April 8th. After 2 months, I can say, I really love this car. Drives smooth, feels like a tank on rough roads and that solid thud on closing gates, aural treat to ears!
I have already put up 3000 Kilometers and now planning for a long drive back hometown (1300 KM to and fro).
RPM1500 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 11:42   #462
BHPian

My car (DSG TDi) bought in end of august last year has done 11.5k and its been a good experience so far. Very stable car and the gearbox on most occasions fails to disappoint.
There are some things i'm curious about. First being that the steering feels a little too heavy (i love heavy steerings though), second is that after driving out of our office building which is a steep ramp up onto the road, the gearbox does not upshift from 1st to 2nd for atleast 100mtrs on the flat road also, even when revved to 4000. is it because it thinks the car is still going uphill and keeps it revving high or what is it?
Old 18th June 2016, 00:04   #463
BHPian

There is a cash discount of 50k right now on the Vento, apart from some exchange benefits.

I have owned a Hyundai for the last 7 years and it has been very reliable. There were some problems but nothing major that could not be diagnosed and fixed. How is a VW car comparatively in terms of trouble free ownership?
Old 23rd June 2016, 11:24   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
There is a cash discount of 50k right now on the Vento, apart from some exchange benefits.

I have owned a Hyundai for the last 7 years and it has been very reliable. There were some problems but nothing major that could not be diagnosed and fixed. How is a VW car comparatively in terms of trouble free ownership?

Hey, I have owned a vento just for 2 months. But I have heard mixed things about their after sales service in my pre buy investigation. But it definitely would be below Hyundai in ranks. Also, being in Pune helps as they have a local plant here in Chakan, so I won't have to wait for a part to arrive for long (so I've been told by SAs). But do check the same for your location as well.
RPM1500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 14:38   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
My car (DSG TDi) bought in end of august last year has done 11.5k and its been a good experience so far. Very stable car and the gearbox on most occasions fails to disappoint.
There are some things i'm curious about. First being that the steering feels a little too heavy (i love heavy steerings though), second is that after driving out of our office building which is a steep ramp up onto the road, the gearbox does not upshift from 1st to 2nd for atleast 100mtrs on the flat road also, even when revved to 4000. is it because it thinks the car is still going uphill and keeps it revving high or what is it?
I sometimes face a late up shift, with the gerabox holding on to D1 till 2.5k - 3k, but I feel it has more to do with the load I put on the accelerator. I've tried with a very gradual push on the accelerator, and it generally up shifts by 2 to 2.5k. However, it also depends on the torque required: The car was holding on to D2 for quite some time when I had 4 passengers on board.

Were you applying a bit more pressure on the accelerator/had some more passengers at that point? 4k does seem to be on the higher side though. 2.5k is something I have seen quite often in my TSI (Polo)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks