Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2016, 12:03   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Couldn't agree more with you Shibu. The 1.6 GT TDi is a special car and going in of an upgrade can play all sort of tricks on you to find the right match

But with the way VW has been trickling changes/updates periodically (POLO), I would hold on to the current version until they finally decide to get real

I think you already have remapped your GT and have the bilsteins installed as well, yet you are looking towards Vento as an upgrade?

I think you gotta be gunning for the Cruze now.
Heh heh - one word is space. With a baby seat and three adults it self space is a premium. But it's just an irritant now. 80 - 90% of the time, it's just three of us so I guess i'll will happy scouting for a little more time.

Haven't done any upgrades as such now. Still in wishlist status.

I don't think a major upgrade for the Vento is in the works. LED headlamps are in the works which was shown in the Auto Expo. And a 10 bhp jump in power as VW is using a bigger localised turbo for the 1.5 diesel . Vento to get more power.

As of now the Vento is available with some cool deals and most probably the above upgrades will see a corresponding increase in prices.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 26th March 2016, 20:29   #437
BHPian

I am looking to get the magnetic sunshades for Vento. When I enquired VW dealer they said there is no such official accessory. There are many brands listed out in flipkart/amazon at varying price ranges from 1k to 5k (Coozo, Decode, Mahekas, Speedwav). Any recommendations?
Old 27th March 2016, 19:05   #438
BHPian

Also is the "idata" interface available in VW vento (to interface with android auto head units for displaying vehicle info)? Just trying to do my research but did not find any useful info.
Old 28th March 2016, 10:04   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
I am looking to get the magnetic sunshades for Vento. When I enquired VW dealer they said there is no such official accessory. There are many brands listed out in flipkart/amazon at varying price ranges from 1k to 5k (Coozo, Decode, Mahekas, Speedwav). Any recommendations?
I got these from Volkswagen-Calicut, Kerala. They said it was an official accessory. Cost was ~3000. Some pictures and other details in this post. There was a comment after this post which indicated that the same thing was available locally for Rs 800 with a zipper. Only time will tell whether there is any significant quality difference between these similar looking shades.
Old 2nd April 2016, 12:46   #440
BHPian

I am in the market for new petrol MT Sedan under Rs. 10 lakhs (though flexible). The Vento highline TSI MT fits my requirement perfectly; however the suspected reliability of VW cars and the high costs of ownership are the major deterrents. I have been hearing from many owners regarding injector failures in VW cars within around 3 years of use. I request the actual owners on this forum to provide their experience on the same so that I can take an informed decision.
Old 2nd April 2016, 12:54   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
I am in the market for new petrol MT Sedan under Rs. 10 lakhs (though flexible). The Vento highline TSI MT fits my requirement perfectly;
I am not sure if you are confused but the Vento TSi does not come with a MT. The TSi has no injector issues as they are prevalent in only TDi motors but with the TSi, you main worry should be about the 7 speed dsg which has had some hiccups even after VW shifted to mineral oil for it.
Old 5th April 2016, 14:59   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I am not sure if you are confused but the Vento TSi does not come with a MT.
Thanks a ton mate for the clarification.

With regard to the Vento TSI and MT. I stand corrected.

Your info on DSG issues is greatly helpful.

Cheers.
Old 11th April 2016, 14:21   #443
BHPian

Had a test drive of Vento TSI just a few minutes ago.
1.2 TSI motor +DSG combination is wonderful. I didn't feel the upshifts whatsoever. The gearbox upshifted without any jerks or so.
However, I felt jerks when downshifting from D4 to D3 and D3 to D2. The jerk from D4 to D3 was more pronounced and i felt it every time.
The Testdrive car was brand new Highline and had only clocked 180 odd kms.
I don't think these jerks were normal given that I felt them from downshifting on particular ratios only.
Comments from Owners or someone who has test driven would be helpful.
Old 15th April 2016, 01:50   #444
Senior - BHPian

Has the night blue colour been officially discontinued in the Vento? Not showing up on the website. Don't see it for the Polo either. Disappointing if so, because that was the nicest colour for the Vento in my books. The listed crop of colours is rather boring - white, silver, grey, brown, beige. No black either.
Old 15th April 2016, 06:18   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Has the night blue colour been officially discontinued in the Vento? Not showing up on the website. Don't see it for the Polo either. Disappointing if so, because that was the nicest colour for the Vento in my books. The listed crop of colours is rather boring - white, silver, grey, brown, beige. No black either.

Yes both blue and black are discontinued. The darkest shades available now are pepper grey and toffee brown. Is it to differentiate from Ameo?
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 13:36   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Yes both blue and black are discontinued. The darkest shades available now are pepper grey and toffee brown. Is it to differentiate from Ameo?
Quite honestly, I don't see why they would do that. In fact the Ameo preview pics show a lighter shade of blue which isn't available in its bigger siblings. So not sure why they would stop a pretty popular colour (night blue) which leaves the Vento colour palette pretty much monochromatic! Strange are the ways of VW!
razor4077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 12:11   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen's Polo Sedan GT - Russia

VW releases a special edition of its Polo Sedan (Vento in India) in a GT avatar.

Only 300 copies of this will be available.

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-polosedangt6.jpg
2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-polosedangt3.jpg
2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-polosedangt4.jpg
2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-polosedangt5.jpg

Power train will come from the 1.4 TSI engine of 125 HP and 20.4 kgfm. The transmission will be six-speed manual, but there is option of the DSG seven-speed.
With optional decals on the hood and the trunk,black roof and aerodynamic package, the Polo GT Sedan also features alloy wheels, but in 16 inch rim size. The interior has seats with unique upholstery, as well as flat-bottomed steering wheel in leather, automatic air-conditioning and sound system with USB/SD/Bluetooth.

http://www.noticiasautomotivas.com.b...ado-na-russia/

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th May 2016 at 12:13.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 17:31   #448
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen's Polo Sedan GT - Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
VW releases a special edition of its Polo Sedan (Vento in India) in a GT avatar.

Only 300 copies of this will be available.
/[/url]
Where does this say its for India ? VW india website does not say anything about this .
Old 28th May 2016, 18:17   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen's Polo Sedan GT - Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Where does this say its for India ? VW india website does not say anything about this .

This is for the Russian Market as of now.
Old 28th May 2016, 20:09   #450
BHPian

Oh ok , i somehow thought it was for indian market too . I think it would sell like hot cakes if they have one here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks