Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2019, 12:53   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
Altroz's interior? This looks beautiful. It's definitely not a photo of concept car as the interior looks production ready. Electric Parking Brake and a rotary switch for driving modes.😍

This is for the H7X I believe, and not the Altroz. There is an article on Rushlane regarding the same. However do not know whether it is trustworthy or not
Old 28th February 2019, 13:04   #317
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
Altroz's interior? This looks beautiful. It's definitely not a photo of concept car as the interior looks production ready. Electric Parking Brake and a rotary switch for driving modes.😍
Looks nice. My only hope and wish is that the auto box be a TC/CVT and not an AMT.
Old 28th February 2019, 14:08   #318
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
This is for the H7X I believe, and not the Altroz. There is an article on Rushlane regarding the same. However do not know whether it is trustworthy or not
I have same feeling but as far as I know Tata will showcase concept of H7X at Geneva International Motor Show and this picture doesn't look like it belongs to concept. Look at the seats. They're production ready. And if Tata gives such features to Altroz, prices will certainly go up, probably it'll be pricier than the i20.
Old 28th February 2019, 14:39   #319
BHPian

There is "Park" in the rotary selector. Definitely not an AMT
octane_100 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 15:36   #320
BHPian

Side profile teased.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-screenshot_20190228153503_youtube.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st March 2019 at 09:27. Reason: Formatting post.
uday.ere is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 15:37   #321
BHPian

Another teaser from TATA MOTORS.

This time it is the side view.

arif_t01 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 15:53   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Side profile teased.
Oh please don't tell me that the Altroz would also get a very polarizing side belt-line in a very contrasting shade like the Nexon did. It is only after the gun-metal grey side line was introduced at the AMT launch, that I am able to accept the Nexon's styling.

And yes, I sincerely hope that Impact 2.0 design language allows use of dual-tone and diamond-cut alloy wheels. Harrier could have looked much better with smarter and sharper looking alloy design - opportunity missed!

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st March 2019 at 09:26. Reason: Removing embedded video from quoted post.
aravind.anand is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 16:03   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Altroz would also get a very polarizing side belt-line in a very contrasting shade like the Nexon did.

And yes, I sincerely hope that Impact 2.0 design language allows use of dual-tone and diamond-cut alloy wheels.
As long as the belt line is not in garish chrome, it will be palatable I guess. Else a black wrap may work wonders to actually lift the overall look.

Going by the spyshots, I doubt we will get any diamond cut alloy wheels. The one spied is downright boring.
This is such a contrast to the lovely dual tone alloys on the Tigor and the refreshed Tiago.
uday.ere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 16:51   #324
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Piyush Shori for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Some more spy pictures of the Tata Altroz testing.

Quote:
These images reveal that the car will have rear adjustable headrests and maybe a sunroof too (from that obtrusion on the roof). It also reveals the styling cues taken from the Harrier (headlamps and tail lamps). The car seems to be production spec in the pictures.
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tata_altroz_cartoq_1x551.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tata_altroz_cartoq_2x555.jpg

Image Source: CarToq

Last edited by ChiragM : 28th February 2019 at 16:52.
ChiragM is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 08:11   #325
BHPian

Altroz rendered in various colors.

https://www.rushlane.com/tata-altroz...-12298904.html

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tataaltrozwhitecolourrenderlaunchprice700x430.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tataaltrozorangecolourrenderlaunchprice700x430.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tataaltrozredcolourrenderlaunchprice.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tataaltrozbluecolourrenderlaunchprice.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st March 2019 at 09:27. Reason: Formatting post.
HarshGtR is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 10:24   #326
Senior - BHPian

The rendering looks too soft and matured - the headlamps even remind me of the latest Passat. However the spy pictures suggest that the Altroz will end up looking a lot more sharper and futuristic. And yes, the rendered car definitely has the better alloy design, which the Altroz sadly won't be getting.

The Passat for reference -
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-2018volkswagenpassatgte030918.jpg.jpeg
aravind.anand is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 12:41   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
My only hope and wish is that the auto box be a TC/CVT and not an AMT.
Same here, and that would certainly align with the "premium hatchback" positioning. It will be interesting to see how they deal with demonstrating the transmission's reliability though, if indeed a non-AMT is offered. As far as I can recall, the Hexa is their only TC, and they have no CVTs or DCTs in their repertoire so far.
Old 1st March 2019, 14:37   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Looks nice. My only hope and wish is that the auto box is a TC/CVT and not an AMT.
Based on the aspect that the dial says PRND (Parking, Reverse, Neutral and Drive) and that most AMT gearboxes don't seem to have the 'P' in them, this could either be a TC or DCT type gearbox. I don't think Tata will go with a CVT, why you ask - I don't know, just gut feel.
Old 1st March 2019, 14:44   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Based on the aspect that the dial says PRND (Parking, Reverse, Neutral and Drive) and that most AMT gearboxes don't seem to have the 'P' in them, this could either be a TC or DCT type gearbox. I don't think Tata will go with a CVT, why you ask - I don't know, just gut feel.
That pic belongs to H7X according to some media news.
HarshGtR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 14:51   #330
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to Piyush Shori for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page
So with Altroz, TATA is also going for the C pillar mounted rear door handles just like the new Swift. I don’t know why the companies are going for this design. It makes the side profile look very weird.

Last edited by pavi : 1st March 2019 at 14:52.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks