Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2019, 10:47   #436
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

That cut makes it appear as a mis aligned panel. The glove box could have been designed better.

Name:  Altroz.png
Views: 8528
Size:  310.4 KB
Old 6th March 2019, 11:06   #437
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
That cut makes it appear as a mis aligned panel. The glove box could have been designed better.

Attachment 1856172
It might be a problem in this particular car because you can see in this picture it's aligned neatly
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-fb_img_1551848441749.jpg  

HarshGtR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 11:10   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
It might be a problem in this particular car because you can see in this picture it's aligned neatly
I really wonder who takes shots at TATA!!! You bring a defective piece to showcase your strengths to the world !!!
Old 6th March 2019, 11:24   #439
Senior - BHPian

Why is everyone bashing Tata for doing things differently? I clearly remember a wave of negativity towards the Nexon when it was launched only for people to warm up to the idea of the distinctive design later on - look at it's sales; a success afterall.

I firmly believe the Altroz will fair well. It's a unique design, like its bigger brothers, quite unlike its immediate competitors. If not Nexon's numbers, it should do decent for itself.
9thsphinx is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 11:25   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
I like the exterior design, its kind of radical just like how Nexon was. It will polarise opinions but in the B2 premium segment with Baleno & i20 ruling the roost this kind of 'in your face' design would give Altroz much need differentiation.

The interior design and the materials used (by the look of it) is underwhelming. I expected better from TATA since now they have created expectations and set the bar high in recent times.
Completely agree with you. Many had similar opinions when the Nexon was launched and eventually most warmed up to the design and started to like it. It really is a love it or hate it design at first glance and I absolutely love it. Very radical and unique. They really are ready to take risks to try out something new unlike most others, who prefer to make the same run-of-the-mill models over and over again. You can really see the direction Tata has gone when you see a post one or two pages back where a member compared the pictures of the baleno and the Altroz. They are confident in trying out something new, like what they did with Nexon. This will look a killer with darker shades, a black wrapping for the wheels, and a slight drop in ride height.

If nothing else the fact that the engine is good will pull people in. 100hp+140 NM, barring the GT, figures are the best in the segment, that is, if they didn't accidentally write 140 instead of 114.

Now my next hope is that Ford finds the time just right and decides to launch the Fiesta hatchback here. That and the Altroz will be two of the best looking cars in the segment. But ofcourse it's only a wish and I don't think Ford will, but nothing wrong in hoping for it.

Last edited by SaiSW : 6th March 2019 at 11:46. Reason: Accidentally quoted the full post. So might cause scrolling problems in mobile devices.
SaiSW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 11:30   #441
BHPian

Just like the Nexon, I think people will warm up to this design in time.

I feel that this car will look good in dark colors, probably wasn't a great idea to showcase it in this striking golden color.
I do feel the interiors could have been a bit better though. Also not a fan of the rear, but will reserve my judgement till I see it in the flesh.

Despite the polarizing design, I do feel that if it features segment first features (360 camera for example) and is priced aggressively and has a good engine, this will sell really well!

I will plan to TD it for sure.
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 11:57   #442
BHPian

The Altroz looks fairly good. Sure its not an all pleasing classic design like the Tiago, and it would have been great to have clean lines the same.

But just look at the Baleno and Elite i20 numbers ! 3 most important criteria for the success of the Altroz - FE, features, PRICE ! Tata should be able to answer this question of prospective customers " Why not the Baleno and the Elite i20".

Also if previous trends are anything to go by, good/bad reviews on the TBHP are not at all indicative of a cars success/failure although I feel this is especially valid for cars from Maruti & Hyundai.
coldice4u is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 12:05   #443
BHPian

The car overall looks to be quite promising I feel. I like the front which to me seems quite handsome and subtle. Looking at the side profile, I can see the huge glass area but then the C Pillar mounted door handle is not to my taste. The rear seems bland to me and I do not like the huge black area on the boot and this design will be quite polarising I assume. I think its too much of a risk taken by Tata since this kind of a design has been seen and the market doesn't like it so far.

Interiors are again, pretty similar to the Nexon (which is not a bad thing) and looking at it, quality seems to be quite high too!

Now, I just want to see Tata equip it with a good AT (CVT or TC will do) and ofcourse, the segment first features that they are known for

Still, I will keep my judgement on hold till the production version comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I really wonder who takes shots at TATA!!! You bring a defective piece to showcase your strengths to the world !!!
Lets just wait for the production-spec car to come out and then pass a judgement

Cheers!

Last edited by porsche_guy : 6th March 2019 at 12:08.
porsche_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 12:08   #444
Team-BHP Support

Quite impressed with the Altroz design! It looks quite modern and elegant, and not so flamboyant like the Nexon.
vb-saan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 12:18   #445
BANNED

I don’t know if anybody else has noticed, TATA has cleverly designed the C pillar mounted rear door handle in such a way that it gives an impression that their is no cheap plastic handle sticking out like the new Swift. I think it is designed just like the door handles in the Scorpio.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 15:36   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

So Tata has clearly moved to the four lights with a smiley face theme and I don't like them.

The Nexon, Harrier and Altroz are getting too busy with the exterior design and materials.

But may be Tata feels that this makes them more hip.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 15:48   #447
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
Probably wasn't a great idea to showcase it in this striking golden color.
Incidentally - Peugeot 208 GT Line, one of the most talked about cars this year at the Geneva expo - wears the similar colours, and a very similar design (w.r.t the black elements connecting the smoked tail lamps, and a cut beneath it) - but a little bit less flamboyant though!

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-02_48.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-master.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th March 2019 at 15:53.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 16:08   #448
Senior - BHPian

The Peugeot 208 GT is far better looking than the Altroz. The kink on the derriere is totally out of sync with the rest of the car. The plasticky cladding on the doors is another put off. Overdone. That one word sums up this design. Darker shades will be better suited for this car and the kink will be hidden to an extent.

Last edited by longhorn : 6th March 2019 at 16:09.
longhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 17:49   #449
BHPian

• 4 airbags
  • No diesel engine
  • Lightweight (965 kg)

Source: CarToq
HarshGtR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 20:45   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
  • 4 airbags
  • No diesel engine
  • Lightweight (965 kg)

Source: CarToq
Let's hope that isn't true and it gets a diesel. A petrol is not feasible for me and if there is no diesel, then I'd have to give this a miss.

Just checked the interwebs and most of them mention the same thing. But then, most are just copy and paste jobs of another website, so I'm waiting, fingers crossed for official news regarding the diesel.

If it turns out to be true eventually, then I'll be extremely disappointed at Tata. They will have lost a lot of customers, including me if there's no diesel.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks