Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:57   #46
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!

Sorry to play the devil's advocate here.

IMHO,

The interior plastic quality does not seem super, and that is what expected in this price bracket.
The exteriors are well, a bit bland. Too similar to S cross and too loyal to the family cues. Not a good thing.
But the biggest turn off to me is the interior design. The flowing center console and dash design is something we have been seeing in Celerio and Alto 800. Not a good thing, this similarity.
The rear is bit old, those tail lamps especially, remind me good old Baleno.

When I think what Hyundai has created with Creta, I see Suzuki has missed a chance to revolutionise the design.

But let us wait for the good quality pictures and better shots of the interiors then.
rangarx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:35   #47
Senior - BHPian

Not particularly trying to go against the tide of comments here, but this is surely one of the better looking car from Maruti Suzuki and likely will do well as a premium hatchback.

If Maruti kit it up with featuring they've tried with the S-Cross, this is a car that can claim some/many sales back from Elite i20 (my feeling). Of course, if priced sensibly. + the 1.6Mjd if featured on this car, can definitely guarantee sales.
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:41   #48
BHPian

A Chevy SR-V lookalike from the Maruti stable!

The first pic makes the car appear overtly smily and yet drowsy with the chrome line meeting the headlights in a awkward position. However, better pics would do justice to the vehicle perhaps.
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:42   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Any news on the engine options that could be available ?
YRA-(Fronx) will have the 1.0L boosterjet engine in one of its variants.

Maruti has imported 60 Engine Sets- K10C MT(PETROL-1000CC ENGINE FOR AUTOMOBILE) in 2015.IMO, it is still low in number, if the expectation is for an OCT launch.

Most probably it looks to be a Global launch in Auto Expo -2016.

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-capture.jpg
Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-capture1.jpg
Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-capture2.jpg

Source- engine data: Zauba

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd July 2015 at 15:48.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:12   #50
BHPian

Great scoop.. But personally i dont think exteriors look premium neither do most of the interiors. MS should have put in more thought in adding some "premiumness" quotient to the car, else should have just sold it through normal channels. Also as many have mentioned here, steering wheel is a big let down.
Disappointed if this is what MS terms premium. :(
Ameya_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:39   #51
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd July 2015 at 15:06.
vishnurajanme is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd July 2015, 17:37   #52
Senior - BHPian

I don't like it either. Looks like a smiley for laughing out loud. And do MSIL have to plonk the same steering from ritz to everything under the sun.?

I do agree they have to add premium ness to the interior and equipment levels should be top notch. Elite i20 has top notch bells and whistles and the interiors look like it's from a segment above. If this has to stand anywhere near it MSIL has to let go of its bland and stripped tag and give consumers more

Last edited by GTO : 3rd July 2015 at 15:06. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 2nd July 2015, 18:43   #53
BHPian

Why can't Suzuki hire a half decent designer? Their best looking car ever was the Zen and that's not saying much. I know that they sell truckloads of each model but there is a also an aesthetic obligation that each car manufacturer must fulfill.

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd July 2015 at 18:49. Reason: A few typos corrected, kindly proof read your posts before submitting. Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 19:15   #54
BHPian

I was expecting classy interior from this car when being compared to i20 Elite , Polo and Jazz something like in below picture (Courtesy : Open Astra Interior from opel.worldcarmodels.net) even if they use chrome considering Indian market. It Look spacious though !!!

But really did not like the interior dash board layout and center console (Sorry - it is my Personal Opinion )
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-opelastragtc20112012201320142015autoevolution.jpg  

Veels n Rhodes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 22:05   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

The fact that the car in scoop pics is black, also means that many of its external aspects may not be clear until we see one in lighter shades.

I wish they bring in beige+black interiors for the India specific fronx. All black is too bland and by segment standards, it will be a let down.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 22:16   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
YRA-(Fronx) will have the 1.0L boosterjet engine in one of its variants.
Is this the boosterjet engine? I googled Suzuki K10C and got the following link:

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/automobile/lineup/celerio/

There is no difference in the power output of this and the K10B, and just a small bump in peak torque - not sure about the spread though. Definitely not a likely candidate for a premium hatch, at least in my opinion.
Old 2nd July 2015, 22:21   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Is this the boosterjet engine?
Nope.

#36 in the below thread is about the boosterjet engine. No performance curves revealed yet.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-2015-a-3.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 06:00   #58
Senior - BHPian

I dont know why people are so negative about the chances of Fronx. Maruti has a certain model selling in India which is called the Swift. This car does not have class leading features, nor does it have class leading space. The interiors are not great either nor does it have class leading ride. Yet it comfortably outsells everything thats out there and then some more.

Fronx is basically a better swift. Bigger in size, better features, more premium and hopefully better interiors. Why would this car not sell if priced properly?

Yes the looks are not great but that is exactly what people said about Swiftwhen it was launched. None of that stopped people from going for swift. Nor will it stop people from buying Fronx. That is my gut feeling. Moreover, we do not have clear images of the car in real surrounding. Perspective might change then regarding the looks.

However there is a big challenge for this car.
How will it distinguish itself from S Cross? S cross to me is more of a super spacious premium hatch than a crossover. There will be a lot of cross shopping. I guess thats why Maruti has not brought in the petrol version of S Cross which we might probably see only on the Fronx.

Last edited by vibbs : 3rd July 2015 at 06:10.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 08:59   #59
BHPian

The basic question is, will it impose any threat to the dazzling Elite i20 which is selling like a hot cake?
IMO, fronx looks like Ciaz at front (thanks to the similar looking headlamp cluster) and more of a celerio (taillamp) at rear, thus making it a typical 'offend none please all' type of MSIL design. Elite i20 has set a high benchmark now for premium hatch and it is difficult to match at least for maruti guys
Old 3rd July 2015, 08:59   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Fronx is basically a better swift. Bigger in size, better features, more premium and hopefully better interiors. Why would this car not sell if priced properly?

However there is a big challenge for this car.
How will it distinguish itself from S Cross? S cross to me is more of a super spacious premium hatch than a crossover. There will be a lot of cross shopping. I guess thats why Maruti has not brought in the petrol version of S Cross which we might probably see only on the Fronx.
Don't want to debate on Swift's characteristics But I believe Fronx is supposed to be a sub-4M hatch.

It will only get the 1/1.2 P and 1.3L D engines (I think I read it somewhere). Thus enabling it to qualify for the excise cuts. I see a price reduction for Swift/Dzire and slotting in Fronx somewhere in the middle of the price range. Its top end being closer to the base of Ciaz.

I like the car. It is long and wide and the side profile looks European. If it rides well, it should sell. Don't forget none of the premium hatchbacks come with Projector lights yet (i20 Active being a Cross rather than a hatch itself).

Alternatively, Elite i20 cost 8.05L and i20 Active SX costs 8.9L Ex-Delhi while the Swift and Dzire cost 7.2L and 7.8L respectively. Lots of space to fit the Fronx in between them

Last edited by SchumiFan : 3rd July 2015 at 09:00.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks