Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2015, 16:38   #61
BHPian

Re: Honda to develop Brio-based compact SUV

Thanks to everyone for posting the pics of the BR-V, we have a very good idea of how the vehicle looks now, pretty much the same thing should make its way into India.

Pricing, well - there will be many debates, wish lists, speculation and of course - controlled leaks towards the launch, finally Honda will have the last laugh as usual by pricing it a tad higher than highest of all ( wish lists, speculation and controlled leaks).

Honestly its a muscled up Mobilio with an over dose of Chrome, but the interiors look better than what is on the current Mobilio and I am quite sure the top end in Bangalore will be close to 17L or more. Lets say i am tad bit disappointed that they offer only 2 airbags on the top end ( i guess the same will be repeated in India too) - hoped they would offer the full spec safety at least on the top end. (Creta , XUV and Hexa will all have this). Interesting to know all the Japs ( Honda Suzuki and Toyota) think alike on this one, full spec safety is only for a very few who can pay more than 30 L. (Toyota doesn't offer those on the Fortuner too ) - Surprise me Honda !

So will they keep the BR-V and the Mobilio or stop the Mobilio? Mobilio is still selling around a 1000 units a month, during the Jazz TD, the sales guy was ruing about the slowdown for the Mobilio. Interesting to see what they will do with the Mobilio once they decide to bring in the BR-V here.
The Observer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 19:26   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
Interesting to see what they will do with the Mobilio once they decide to bring in the BR-V here.
My guess is, they will keep Mobilio.

Mobilio caters to the MPV segment. BRV will be pitched against Creta and XUV. I know I am harsh here, but don't see BRV making any impact on the other two.
Old 23rd August 2015, 20:17   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more peeks into the interiors of the BR-V:

Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV-interiorhondabrv728x486.jpg

Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV-interiorkabinhondabrv728x485.jpg

Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV-dashboardhondabrv728x485.jpg
Observations:

- Dashboard, glovebox, air vents, all look like a straight lift from the Jazz/City bin, which is a good thing.

- Day/Night Internal Rear View Mirror & fixed type grab handles seen. Cost cutting already??

- Doorpads don't look too spacious after a 1-liter bottle is in place. Huge speaker section takes up quite a bit of space.

- Seating is quite low, as is evident from the rear seat positioning. Expect headroom to be plentiful.

- Interior colour scheme looks predominantly black, with dashes of silver/chrome to break the monotony. Expect some of these parts to turn beige once the BR-V is converted to an India-specific car.

- The third row looks to be a real squeeze, just like in the Mobilio. Notice the space left after the 2nd row of seats end? I suspect the 3rd row passenger won't be a happy chappy at all!

- Toss-up for utility between either 3rd row or boot space, just like the XUV 500.

- Rear boot door has black plastic covering on the inside and 2 gas struts holding it up. At least this section looks more rounded off and complete.

- One point which I noticed: in the official presentation, they show the front dashboard with a steering borrowed from the earlier-gen Jazz/City, but the actual steering wheel in the car under the spotlight is from the Brio/Amaze/Mobilio bin. Already misleading potential customers?!

AutoNetMagz Indonesia

Last edited by RavenAvi : 23rd August 2015 at 20:22.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 21:46   #64
BHPian

Overall BR-V looks like a decent product at least in concept form. What we (Indian customers) need to wait and see is, the final specification of our mass production variant.
Old 24th August 2015, 01:44   #65
Senior - BHPian

Looks so much better than Mobilio. Especially with the lift ups from City/Jazz interiors. Rear is unappealing but then it's a Honda and as per Indian mindset will sell decently if priced correctly.
Old 24th August 2015, 06:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

Yeah agreed its a rebadged/facelifted Mobilio alright. But on second thoughts maybe HONDA would try what Maruti did with Dzire? The older version left exclusively to cab segment as 'Tour' and the newer design largely restricted to personal ownership? That way the folks won't shy away from this thinking of the Taxi image as the looks and naming would be different. That way HONDA can use the same Mobilio assembly line(well almost) and rake in better numbers(Mobilio+BR-V).

Being over-optimistic, am I?
Old 24th August 2015, 10:59   #67
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV

Mod Note: BR-V unveil & following posts moved out to a new thread.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 11:12   #68
BHPian

This looks like a Mobilio packaged as an SUV. This is a good move by Honda. The Mobilio has been a damp squib mainly due to the pricing of the product. Honda knows the status SUVs enjoy in the Indian market. BRV will not be much costlier for Honda to produce than a Mobilio but they can price it much higher, hence much better margins.

Last edited by JediKnight : 24th August 2015 at 11:33.
Old 24th August 2015, 11:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
+1 to you. It is a Mobilio with a SUVish front. Side profile is completely Mobilio with higher GC. Doors are just too flat for an SUV. Honda should've beefed up a little bit. Rear also not much different than MUV. The window baseline is abruptly ending on C pillar. IMO should've continued till the end of the window line.

Also the vehicle is looking very narrow in width to me.

Overall I am disappointed. It should be called "Mobilio Adventure".
Its a Mobilio with cosmetic job in and out for which I am sure Honda is going to ask price in the league of S-Cross and Creta!

Here is a quick comparo image.
After the comparison image it looks more like a shrunken XUV to me. The entire problem with brio based MPV is that the width is too narrow compared to the length. Now Creta looks like a proper suv compared with this!!!
Eagerly waiting for the Maruti alto-V and the Tata Nano-V
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 00:11   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
IMO, Honda is making sure that all their SUVs (CR-V, HR-V and this BR-V) get the worst designs as far as possible.
These aren't that bad really. Just have a look at the Acura ZDX and the Accord Cross Tour to see what I mean.
Old 27th August 2015, 01:04   #71
BHPian

Leaving aside the obvious Mobilio side profile, this actually is not that bad looking at all. In fact, I quite like the way it looks. And if it can seat 7 in comfort, that is definitely a big plus over the likes of Cretas and S-Crosses. Will be eagerly waiting to know the price this will be launched at!
Old 27th August 2015, 01:28   #72
BANNED

More details.

http://www.oncars.in/car-news/honda-...ive-facts/7585

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/08/h...-seater-188429

Mobilio vs BRV

Overall Length (mm) 4386 4455 - 69 MM more
Overall Width (mm) 1683 1735 - 52 MM more
Overall Height (mm) 1603 1650 - 47 MM more
Wheelbase (mm) 2652 2660 - 8 MM more
Ground Clearance (mm) 189 200+ - 11+ MM more

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st September 2015 at 22:55. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
johnjojo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 05:01   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjojo08 View Post
Mobilio vs BRV

Overall Length (mm) 4386 4455 - 69 MM more
Overall Width (mm) 1683 1735 - 52 MM more
Overall Height (mm) 1603 1650 - 47 MM more
Wheelbase (mm) 2652 2660 - 8 MM more
Ground Clearance (mm) 189 200+ - 11+ MM more
Looks good for BRV. I think BRV will look more proportionate than Mobilio. If they price it right, honda will have a winner here.

In another note, they have compared B-RV's "3rd" seats with that of competitor. That means they are aiming for XUV500 and not Creta.

Last edited by jvk84 : 27th August 2015 at 05:05.
Old 27th August 2015, 12:39   #74
BANNED

Looks a stunner in white. Very chunky and rounded. Ecosport is all rounded and Creta angular. This one looks right blend of both. And front is typical butch SUV like Fortuner's.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV-brv-image.jpg  

pgsagar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 12:56   #75
BHPian

Not much of a difference imho between this and Mobilio. But why Honda ? Why ?

Just pure disappointment in terms of the looks as everyone else is.
kilireddy0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks