Team-BHP - The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/170197-tata-nexon-now-launched-rs-5-85-lakhs-20.html)

Though the cars manufactured by TATA are good, the word of mouth negative publicity hits them and the sales doesn't shoot up.
What TATA needs is heavy brand makeover, i think the new CEO who has joined recently will make some strides in this direction.

Nexon and a Manza? Haha. I've heard many analogies / comparisons / juxtapositions of the Nexon for the past few months. But Manza is a new one! It actually takes the cake!!

(Apologies for the sarcasm if I offend.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksameer1234 (Post 3995000)
I hate to admit this but when seen side-by-side, there is simply no difference in proportions of Nexon and say Manza, from front three quarters. I thought I had spotted Tiago / Kite 5 when seen from front. It was only when I saw the rear that I could confirm it was indeed Nexon.

Nexon is a hatch on steroids with a bit higher ground clearance and larger wheels.

I hope Tata markets Nexon well because this is more of a lifestyle vehicle and trying to call it a SUV, Tata will only be shooting themselves in foot.

Link to Article

Please spare us the sarcasm. I think we are all sick and tired of seeing guys going gaga over bland/ugly cars from premium brands but cribbing about any car from Tata/Mahindra, no matter how good it is. And you have no problem with Ecosport, Creta, Brezza being called SUV? BTW, who cares what anyone calls Nexon? As long as it costs right and IS right, it will sell. If I look like Chris Hemsworth, you may call me a dog or a pig, but all the girls will still fall for me. :)

We are a big set of hypocrites.. Aren't we? Brezza is a jazzed up Swift. Creta and Ecosport are urban lifestyle cars too and no way a SUV.

Nexon is a passionate attempt by Tata! Let us hope and wish they succeed. Don't understand the negativism all around. May be the camp at competition is feeling uncomfortable?

Brezza & Creta are runaway successes in the market. How passionately attempted by TATA, How successfully acomplished by TATA, I dont think they can really take away noticable numbers from these two. So, the competition can stay cool and sleep warm.

Come on guys.

Sameer is a Zest owner and had lot of good things to say about Zest and Tiago in his previous posts. He had seen the Nexon (he mentioned it in one of his previous posts) in person which made him comment. Lets respect his opinion and move on.

After Sameer's comments yesterday, I watched AutoCar's video at Auto Expo. My feeling is the camouflage is making the car look smaller than it is. Probably the angle of the photo on Motorbeam article is also making things worse.

Anyhow, whatever this might be called, I'm going to wait for Nexon to launch before deciding my upgrade, the process ironically started when Nexon was first shown as a Concept in Auto Expo 2014.stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by discoverwild (Post 3995189)
Pray tell me what the Ecosport, Brezza, Creta, KUV100 are, besides being overgrown hatchbacks?

I am really sorry, but I seemed to have stirred storm in a teacup! Of course, Tata is pitting Nexon against Ecosport and Brezza which is a crossover but not an "SUV". Creta is too expensive and KUV100 is Wagon R with some curves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsagar (Post 3995367)
Please spare us the sarcasm.

Apologies but there was no sarcasm. I am all praise for Nexon and just posted what I saw and felt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsagar (Post 3995367)
I think we are all sick and tired of seeing guys going gaga over bland/ugly cars from premium brands but cribbing about any car from Tata/Mahindra.

Tata Nexon looks unlike any other 4 wheeler in market. It will stand out proudly in sea of bland cars. The road presence is something that needs to be seen to believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourabhzen (Post 3995280)
I don't think so. The car is quite different from Manza and is very refreshing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cingsman (Post 3995354)
Nexon and a Manza? Haha.

I posted what I saw. There was actually a Nexon mule standing beside Manza at a signal. I should have written Vista / Bolt there, my bad. Also, I am talking of external physical dimensions not the looks. Only a blind can say Nexon looks similar to anything else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbaddy (Post 3995417)
Lets respect his opinion and move on.

Thanks for the support!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbaddy (Post 3995417)
My feeling is the camouflage is making the car look smaller than it is.

I shouldn't have made observation for a camouflaged car and certainly not for something like Nexon which is styled so beautifully.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksameer1234 (Post 3995435)
I shouldn't have made observation for a camouflaged car and certainly not for something like Nexon which is styled so beautifully.

You definitely should have and it is good you did. May be the styling is different but the skeleton is similar. My views are based on the one I saw closely at the expo where it was parked in isolation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksameer1234 (Post 3995435)
I am really sorry, but I seemed to have stirred storm in a teacup! Of course, Tata is pitting Nexon against Ecosport and Brezza which is a crossover but not an "SUV". Creta is too expensive and KUV100 is Wagon R with some curves.

No apologies required, Sameer. Ever. Like you have mentioned, the Nexon is just a crossover, which can go places. It doesn't matter what Tata is going to call it. If the reviews on the Tiago manage to turn people's opinions, the Nexon will sell even if it's called a mule.

Quote:

Originally Posted by balajisv (Post 3995404)
We are a big set of hypocrites.. Aren't we? Brezza is a jazzed up Swift. Creta and Ecosport are urban lifestyle cars too and no way a SUV.
Nexon is a passionate attempt by Tata! Let us hope and wish they succeed. Don't understand the negativism all around. May be the camp at competition is feeling uncomfortable?

Well said, balaji! And what a pity really - there are still a bunch of us who would go gaga over a pumpkin if it spoke with a Modena accent! But seriously, we have every reason to be proud of what the domestic majors have managed to bring out over the past three decades or so, since Maruti parachuted on to the scene. And they did this with all the baggage of the licence raj to start with, before liberalisation stepped in piece-meal (a still ongoing process!). So yes, it may not be misplaced conjecture to think that the competition is beginning to feel a little queezy!

Harman India's PrathabDeivanayagham, head of connected car-India, confirms that the Nexon will get a 7 inch infotainment system. “That (Nexon) has a seven-inch touchscreen and those types of infotainment systems will increasingly pick up in the coming future. That is the direction of this evolving market. In the seven-inch touchscreens, I believe, the OEMs have finally found a sweet spot in terms of the right size,” - See more at: http://www.autocarpro.in/features/ha....TMTdZCIs.dpuf

From Evo India's Twitter.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-ckz6mjiweaaq8if.jpg

If this 'IMPACT' design language really shows impact in the market and if many customers start running towards TATA from Maruti & Hyundai, Can they really handle at least half of their bookings with out forcing the customer to frustrate ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doylthippo (Post 3997683)
Can they really handle at least half of their bookings with out forcing the customer to frustrate ?

Why this prejudice mate? TaMo have more capacity than demand. Baleno and City customers get frustrated during purchase process itself by the long waiting periods and poor attitude of Nexa and Honda dealers. I believe Tata Motors purchase process is much better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doylthippo (Post 3997683)
....Can they really handle at least half of their bookings with out forcing the customer to frustrate ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsashishsharma (Post 3997710)
Why this prejudice mate? TaMo have more capacity than demand....

They definitely have the capacity but not sure what's their internal forecast is. For Tiago, am sure they went with a conservative production numbers compared to their plant capacity. I wouldn't blame them - the Zest & Bolt were great products which flopped. Since they are confident with Tiago & bookings have been good, am sure they'll be better prepared for Nexon.