Team-BHP - The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/170197-tata-nexon-now-launched-rs-5-85-lakhs-13.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by venkikewl (Post 3952267)
Not sure how reliable this info is, but Nexon is launching in May 2016. Here is the link for the news.

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/ne...-2015-16-2051/

Can anyone from the source confirm this news & if so its a really sweet news for the summer & Nexon fans

I really feel it's a typo of mentioning wrong year instead of 2017. I had read in some articles as May 2017 launch. But if it is really 2016 then Tata would rock all through the year 2016.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata (Post 3952313)
I really feel it's a typo of mentioning wrong year instead of 2017. I had read in some articles as May 2017 launch. But if it is really 2016 then Tata would rock all through the year 2016.

I too thought it as a typo, but on reading the content in the page it does not look like a typo.

Saying that, I still have doubts if the news is accurate. I have resigned myself to year-end for the Nexon launch, so anything earlier is good news.

The link given below has more details of the Nexon, including shots of the interior...

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/04/t...-images-228232

There also shots of the Dashboard, Display Panel and the Rotary Drive Selector. If all those features do make it to the production vehicle, I am lining up for one !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AYP (Post 3951464)
Is it only me who thinks that the Nexon doesn't give a (mini) SUV look from the side profile. In fact it looks more like a true crossover, like the S-Cross, except from the rear quarter angle(where it looks raised). It does not matter to me much(as long as the interiors make up for it), but the mass market which wants an SUV type look may be disappointed. Have a look-

The Brezza definitely has the most SUV type look perhaps due its more squarer design. The Ecosport too looks butch, with the large front grill and the tail mounted spare wheel greatly helping its cause. However, I can't say the same about the Nexon. The swooping roof line definitely reduces its SUV appeal. Maybe seeing it in person will change my mind.

Totally agreed. The only crossover'ish element in the design is the big wheels, in my humble opinion.

Looks are subjective, so I'm sure many here love it. But I feel it as a hatchback on bloated wheels design, with one of the ugliest rear end (both full rear and side view of the rear) design ever since the original Swift DZire.

Pretty sure this design will be rejected by the masses and the Nexon will be another flop in the making for TATA.

That said, full marks for the BMW inspired interior that looks comparable to Hyundai levels of design and quality.

I read it at autoblogindia and they are claiming it's going to be launched in May 2017. http://indianautosblog.com/2016/04/t...-launch-228318

IMO, had it been May 2016, there would have more news from the company.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3952370)
Totally agreed. The only crossover'ish element in the design is the big wheels, in my humble opinion.

Looks are subjective, so I'm sure many here love it. But I feel it as a hatchback on bloated wheels design, with one of the ugliest rear end (both full rear and side view of the rear) design ever since the original Swift DZire.

Pretty sure this design will be rejected by the masses and the Nexon will be another flop in the making for TATA.

Even though I want Tata to be the market leader(pretty sure that every Indian wishes the same), I am concerned about the rear design and whether the masses will like it. I hope that this does not turn out be to a dud.
Quote:

That said, full marks for the BMW inspired interior that looks comparable to Hyundai levels of design and quality.

A car with a good engine with good interiors(better than the competition) with average/slightly below average exterior design will be acceptable to me(the Brezza is almost the opposite of what I said). But I can't say the same about others, especially if the car has a TATA badge.

Quote:

The only crossover'ish element in the design is the big wheels, in my humble opinion.

A simple photoshop effort, replacing the Nexon alloys with the ones from the Zest. And removing the silver from the waistline with conventional black, as many requested above.

I fail to see any compact SUV-ish stance here. Feels like a hatchback from all angles except for a bit of bulk above the rear wheel arches. A pure crossover might work in Europe, but even Maruti Suzuki couldn't pull it off in India with the S-Cross. I doubt TATA can either!

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonsuv5810x540.jpg

The lower end versions, if they come without the dual tone roof (like MS does with Brezza) is even less of a crossover! TATA better make those butch looking alloys and dual tone roof as standard on ALL variants.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonsuv5810x540.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3952734)
A simple photoshop effort, replacing the Nexon alloys with the ones from the Zest. And removing the silver from the waistline with conventional black, as many requested above.

Good attempt to reduce the over-flashiness of this car.

People will say "let Nexon be as flashy it is now", but how many of them will buy those over-flashy designs? People will say thumbs-up for these designs, and will like to see it in their neighbours' parking lot, but will not buy it for themselves. Rather, they buy a mature-looking model!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3952734)

I fail to see any compact SUV-ish stance here. Feels like a hatchback from all angles except for a bit of bulk above the rear wheel arches. A pure crossover might work in Europe, but even Maruti Suzuki couldn't pull it off in India with the S-Cross. I doubt TATA can either!

The lower end versions, if they come without the dual tone roof (like MS does with Brezza) is even less of a crossover! TATA better make those butch looking alloys and dual tone roof as standard on ALL variants.

Probably you are looking at this from a proper SUV. Look at this as a compact SUV. S Cross failed because of its pricing and nothing else. Do you feel if Nexon is priced at around 7-9L OTR this will be a flop, i highly doubt so. From what we have seen till now this sure is a crowd puller. Always there will be some exceptions in the general mass. You suggestion to TATA to stick with Dual tone & butch alloys is definitely what Tata should do agree:. But they need to pitch this by 2016 festival season atleast to cash in on the hype that they are creating now with Tiago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 3952808)
Good attempt to reduce the over-flashiness of this car.

People will say "let Nexon be as flashy it is now", but how many of them will buy those over-flashy designs? People will say thumbs-up for these designs, and will like to see it in their neighbours' parking lot, but will not buy it for themselves. Rather, they buy a mature-looking model!

I think still there is a still a major market for flashy designs. You can look at Mahindra stable for the same examples. Still you can look at all Fortuners & Swift fully loaded with chrome and accessories over their body from end to end just because of this. We cant deny the fact that these two are good lookers just barebone. So my point is there are some segment of folks who feel pumped to see such designs and they will sell for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msk_kapoor (Post 3952817)
Do you feel if Nexon is priced at around 7-9L OTR this will be a flop, i highly doubt so.

Unfortunately I do. Unless they price it significantly lesser than the Brezza. By significant, I feel it should be more than a lakh less than the Brezza. Simply because it is a design without mass appeal and backed by TATA rather than Maruti.

As any other Indian would want, I would love to see TATA win this one, but from what I know and feel about the Indian automotive market, I feel it's a hopeless case for the Nexon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msk_kapoor (Post 3952817)
Ateast to cash in on the hype that they are creating now with Tiago.

Hype? Most people are not even aware of its launch. I'm afraid Tiago is not going to sell as well. It just blends in too much with the competitors, and people don't buy TATA cars for cheaper price anymore.

The car I'm looking forward to is the Tiago sedan. If it's priced closer to Tiago like the Zest was priced closer to Bolt- then that is a stunner at an equally stunning price tag. Should make people at least some people overlook the TATA badge on the car.

PS- I know some people can't / won't agree to this. But I'm not going anywhere. So, let's see after the launch how it will turn out for TATA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR

Hype? Most people are not even aware of its launch. I'm afraid Tiago is not going to sell as well.

There's definitely a bit of disagreement here. I checked out the Tiago on a weekday & there were atleast 20 people waiting to test drive this car. That's a queue longer than any seen at TML showrooms in a long time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3953036)
Hype? Most people are not even aware of its launch. I'm afraid Tiago is not going to sell as well.

Agree. The car is well built and likable - but it does not stand out.

The kite 5 if priced right may be successful - with a more practical larger boot, bigger rear door, hopefully more space at the rear and the fastback look - its usp.

I think we consumers should look at this from a rather neutral stand point- don't look at it as a SUV, crossover or grownup hatch. See it as a spacious "car" in the range of 6-9L (expected), without any bias for its 'genre' (if you will).
PS: One look at the interiors (from Autocar's AutoExpo 2016 video) and I was floored. :D

As stunning as the Tiago is including well built and well finished, I note from reviews that the engines are underwhelming. Do we know if the Nexon will be able to address this? Will they come equipped with class leading or at least matching engines or will this car too suffer the same issue - underwhelming engines compared to the competition.

I was at a Tata showroom in my hometown (Tier 2 city) and heard couple of customers inquiring about Hexa and Nexon. One is eagerly waiting for Nexon launch. They already have 60+ Tiago bookings.