Team-BHP - The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/170197-tata-nexon-now-launched-rs-5-85-lakhs-16.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmenon (Post 3977877)
Looking at the interiors, somehow I'm reminded of certain BMW's in terms of the way the A/C vents are designed.

BMW influence is most obvious in the design of the drive mode controller, which is in the exact same way as an idrive controller in BMW.

That said, even Elite i20 has the same design 'influence'. There is little to complain about design in this segment as long as the quality is good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3977902)
BMW influence is most obvious in the design of the drive mode controller, which is in the exact same way as an idrive controller in BMW.

That said, even Elite i20 has the same design 'influence'. There is little to complain about design in this segment as long as the quality is good.

No Complaints from me at all, it does look good.

If quality is segment leading or even segment matching, there would be no complaints, anyone who buys the Nexon would be quite happy.

As long as no one copies blatantly and takes only influences from good looking things (cabins, exteriors, pretty much anything else) we would be quite happy with the looks.

Just my opinion.

Looks great! Deserve a better automatic than a simple AMT IMO.

Whats it about the rear seat? Is it just a 4 seater? The middle portion seems to be shorter, maybe can be used for kids only? Otherwise the seats look comfortable!

I really like how the interiors are designed. The marked area in the pictures seem to be the handbrake :thumbs up, really appreciate the design. They should have maintained the position of the Side RVM knob near the power windows switches, rather than placing it near the mirror.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harsh_66328 (Post 3978100)
I really like how the interiors are designed. The marked area in the pictures seem to be the handbrake :thumbs up, really appreciate the design. They should have maintained the position of the Side RVM knob near the power windows switches, rather than placing it near the mirror.

I don't see any issues with the placement of the RVM knob, infact the Fiesta has the same setup and I find it very convenient. Its a matter of getting used to, i suppose.

Looks like TATA has a winner in making.

Really impressed by the interiors layout. Looks neat.

If the quality of materials and fit and finish is as good as recently launched Tiago, then I am getting this one for sure for city use.

Now that's some neat looking interiors from Tata, everything is inspired from somewhere but I don't care. The AC vents, media screen and HVAC looks awesome, the only thing that bothers me is that ceramic finish on the dashboard, it may not go down well with all body colours. The quality of materials used is going to be top-notch looking at the way Tiago got it's. It is just good to see Tata taking its passenger cars division seriously now. Their fortunes are about to change with all these new launches, the issue I see is they are not able to meet demand in time (eg. long waiting periods for Tiago).

When is the tentative launch date ?

Interiors look yummy,

Inspiration is from a lot of premium brands, Merc and BMW both are obvious. But that does make this a really superb cabin. We are sure of the interior quality given their recent launches.

Hope the Hexa interiors though nice take some inspiration from this other work in progress so that it too gets some more improvements along the way.

It feels like an X1 cabin to some extent.

I hope the Jaisalmer testing yields positive results.
Somewhere I feel that while TATA ACs have started improving since the Nano Twist - progressively - right upto Tiago - they still have a little catching up to do with Maruti and Hyundai (where the blower noise is lesser and it chills about 15% quicker)

Quote:

Originally Posted by harsh_66328 (Post 3978100)
The marked area in the pictures seem to be the handbrake :thumbs up, really appreciate the design.

One risk though - it's placed towards the co-driver side. Hope no-one accidentally pulls that, unknown to the driver - that can result in a disaster.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...6121936_16.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 3979246)
One risk though - it's placed towards the co-driver side. Hope no-one accidentally pulls that, unknown to the driver - that can result in a disaster.

What stops the co-driver from pulling the handbrake if it is more centrally placed? :D

I think Maruti can learn a thing or two from TATA here. If the reports are true and that there is going to be a new diesel and petrol engines along with transmission for Nexon, it is great work from TATA.

Maruti either need to plonk in the 1.6 diesel + 6speed combo into more cars and get the turbo petrol in here soon as well.

It is unfortunate that they are not thinking of getting the 1.0 Boosterjet with 6AT here.

Hoping TATA takes care of quality control. Great product on hand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprocket (Post 3979248)
What stops the co-driver from pulling the handbrake if it is more centrally placed? :D

His sanity. Even if he does, hopefully he knows what he is doing.

Hope Tata is able to get this to production fast so that they don't miss out on the hype. Hexa already feels like an old product. Unveiled ages ago and still no sign of a launch date. Sad how the products are losing out due to mismanagement.

I think we should be happy that they are being tested thoroughly before launch and no half-baked products coming through.

Just to cash in on the hype and launch it early, but with defects will be a bigger blow to the brand image they are trying to win BACK.
As a policy quality is being given utmost priority and being enforced religiously.

But yes, Hexa has definitely taken too long.