Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2016, 20:57   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched

I've another view, and for good reasons. This is applicable purely for those who intend to buy an SUV for around 25L +/-, for those who do not have the budget it makes no difference anyway.

For those who DO have the budget though, they should be extremely happy that Tucson is coming in as a CBU. Eventually if it becomes CKD after the initial demand is gauged, even then its a good reason to be happy. Why? The current Tucson has been voted topmost safety pick along with their flagship model Genesis hardly a month ago in the American IIHS Safety Pick+ Awards, both gathering maximum points and just to be clear IIHS is far more stringent & tough to clear than any NCAP as they use a solid immovable obstacle in their overlap crash test.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300191684.html

We will get the Tucson manufactured in the Ulsan plant in South Korea, the very same plant that supplies Tucson to all of America, which means we get the best engineered SUV of theirs for a fraction cost higher. If safety is immeasurable then a Rs.2-3 lakh premium for CBU is nothing. The Ulsan plant is among the best factories as far as Hyundai is concerned. Here's proof that their manufacturing is on par with their EU/USA factories:

Still interested in a locally made Tucson?

Last edited by dark.knight : 6th January 2016 at 21:04.
dark.knight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 17:28   #32
Senior - BHPian

I guess Hyundai is making great strides in the safety department. I remember that even the Elantra was an IIHC top safety pick+ a year ago. Now the base trims of the I20 and the Verna are also equipped with dual airbags. Not long before the Creta gets it. Clap.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 04:06   #33
RSR
Senior - BHPian

New Hyundai Tucson gets a 5* ANCAP (updated) rating!

Quote:
11 January 2016

ANCAP awards 5 stars to updated Hyundai Tucson

The rating applies to all Tucson variants built from 17 November 2015 in South Korea and 16 December 2015 in the Czech Republic when several safety-related improvements were introduced. 2015 model Tucson’s built prior to these dates either have a 4 star ANCAP rating (2.0 litre GDi variant) or are unrated.

“It is encouraging to see Hyundai make a number of design and production changes to improve the safety of the vehicle and we commend them for acting quickly to implement the improvements,” ANCAP Chief Executive Officer James Goodwin said.

“The changes significantly improved the vehicle’s performance in the frontal offset test which would reduce the possibility of injury to occupants in the event of a crash,” he said.

“This is a positive example of the importance of local, independent testing and ANCAP working proactively with vehicle brands to ensure we have the safest vehicles on the Australasian market,” Mr Goodwin said.
Read more here.

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-screenshot_20160117042059.jpg

With this update, the new Hyundai Tucson has achieved the famed safety triple - 5* Euro-NCAP (2015), 5* ANCAP (2015) and the most stringent & toughest IIHS Top Safety Pick+ (2016)!!!

Bring it to India ASAP, Hyundai!

Last edited by RSR : 17th January 2016 at 04:27.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 10:21   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai India has fast-forwarded the launch of it's premium SUV offering, the Tucson, to the second half of 2016.

To be placed between the Creta & the Santa Fe, the Tucson will arrive via the CKD route and might be priced in the 20L price range.

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-50631993.jpg

Quote:
The move is seen as a mid-course change in strategy by Hyundai. It was not part of its scheme until October of 2015. Now, encouraged by the response it has received for Creta, the company has decided to fast forward the launch of Tucson. It has not only decided to showcase the vehicle at the Auto Expo but also launch it in India with local manufacturing, which may help the company price it at Rs 18-20 lakh.

Tucson will be positioned between the in-demand Creta SUV and Santa-FE SUV.

Rakesh Srivastava, Sr VP, sales and marketing at Hyundai Motor India says Delhi Auto Expo is an appropriate platform to showcase ones capability with lakhs of prospective buyers visiting the arena.

"The Global SUV Hyundai Tucson represents a significant step forward towards future SUV line up for the Indian market. We are excited with the response for Creta, with Tucson and future MPV/SUV, we intend to satiate the desire of Indian buyers," said Srivastava.

People in the know of company's plans said, Hyundai Motor India is planning to produce 1.3 lakh units of Creta including overseas markets and the company is targeting about 20,000 to 30,000 units of Tucson.
ET Auto
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 17:26   #35
BHPian

Now with the New Endeavour Launched at mouth watering prices, Tucson will need to keep the prices in control now.

With the perfect pricing strategy, Ford has forced multiple manufacturers to hold their horses with unrealistic pricing. Kudos!
Old 1st February 2016, 01:00   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Officially teased for the 2016 Auto Expo:

Quote:
Brace yourselves for the arrival of something extraordinary. #ExperienceHyundai at #AutoExpo2016.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 08:59   #37
BHPian

Had gone for a walk on ARAI hill, Pune, yesterday. 2 flatbeds exited the campus with covered vehicles. Could only get a glimpse of the wheels. The logo looked either like Toyota or Hyundai.

Vehicle shape was definitely SUVish. Size was larger than Creta. No news of any launches from Toyota. So I guess it must have been the Tuscon sent for some tests.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 11:33   #38

Hyundai should take a risk and go for localization when it come to premium SUV segment. Tucson, priced at approx. Rs.18 lac, will be hard to sell in good numbers. Localization will help them to price the same car in about 10-13 Lac bracket, and may turn out to be a great game-changer for Indian market!!!!
Aniketh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 11:48   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniketh View Post
Tucson, priced at approx. Rs.18 lac, will be hard to sell in good numbers. Localization will help them to price the same car in about 10-13 Lac bracket, and may turn out to be a great game-changer for Indian market!!!!
When Hyundai have huge waiting for Rs. 15 Lac priced Creta (a whole class smaller than Tucson) what makes you think that Hyundai will price Tucson in the Rs. 10-13 Lac Range, Localization or not ? We should be lucky if Hyundai prices the Tucson at 17-18 Lac range and not at 20 Lac seeing the numbers Creta is doing.

PS : Tucson priced in 10-13 Lac Range : Please tell me you were joking.
Turbo_Charger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 12:14   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai should take a risk and go for localization when it come to premium SUV segment. Tucson, priced at approx. Rs.18 lac, will be hard to sell in good numbers. Localization will help them to price the same car in about 10-13 Lac bracket, and may turn out to be a great game-changer for Indian market!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Charger View Post
When Hyundai have huge waiting for Rs. 15 Lac priced Creta (a whole class smaller than Tucson) what makes you think that Hyundai will price Tucson in the Rs. 10-13 Lac Range, Localization or not ? We should be lucky if Hyundai prices the Tucson at 17-18 Lac range and not at 20 Lac seeing the numbers Creta is doing.

I feel this will be priced around 20-22 lakhs range. Creta a vehicle which sits below Tuscon costs 13-15 Lakhs Range why would Hyundai price Tuscon below that (even if they could).
kozhissery is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 13:33   #41
BHPian

Here's my 2 cents on the speculated Tucson pricing:

In Bangalore, Elantra costs around 22L OTR and Santa Fe 39L OTR. Keeping this in mind, I feel the OTR prices might be between 24-28L. This would somewhat plug the wide chasm between Elantra and Santa Fe and would be aimed squarely at the "CRV buyer" who would need a comfortable soft-roader and doesn't like the bulky (read ladder-frame) ones viz Endeavour and Fortuner.
Old 1st February 2016, 13:54   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Charger View Post

Yes, you are absolutely right that Hyundai will never price Tucson in 10-13 Lac bracket as it will be a CBU. This case is similar to Santa Fe, which if completely localized in India, you can own a Santa Fe for approx. 16 Lacs!!!
This information was given to me by one of the Hyundai employee itself...
Old 1st February 2016, 16:33   #43
BHPian

Quote:
This case is similar to Santa Fe, which if completely localized in India, you can own a Santa Fe for approx. 16 Lacs!!!
This information was given to me by one of the Hyundai employee itself...
Santa Fe, with complete Localization Notwithstanding costing 16 Lacs !!!!
Maybe you should ask that employee why they have priced Creta which is several sizes smaller than it and stripped down feature-list at the same price point
DWind is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:11   #44
BHPian

Tucson @ 13-14 lakhs- ROFLMAO !

In its previous, ugly toad avatar, Tucson was laucnhed at close to 17-18 lakhs (if i remember correctly). With the benefit of knowing Hyundai pricing strategy with Creta, I fully expect base variant Tucson to be north of 22 lakhs. At which point, i start waiting for Volkswagen Tiguain.
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:27   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure that will happen ever. CBU or localized, Hyundai will never price it in the range of 10-13. 18-22 is more like it (even if localized). Creta is 90% localized but is in the range of 9-13, Tucson is a segment above. No chance of it being under 18.

It is a business for Hyundai. They want to make as much profit as they can. Even if they get it 90% localized, they'd want to pocket the profit rather than passing it on the customers. If people dont have a problem paying 17.5L (OTR Bangalore) for Creta, they would pay much more for a bigger car.

Just my 2cents.
sngautam is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks