Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2019, 10:21   #1051
BHPian

Re: The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
I just bought an XUV3OO W8(O)

Some of the quirky things I noted was that the front passenger side door doesn't close easily and has to be banged hard, the front suspension makes rattling noise over uneven surfaces, the engine seems to lose power in lower gears and it is tough to revive the engine once it starts to stall. Can't do much, it just stalls even if you go into neutral. Experience jerks even in 1st gear at times like it is going to stall.
Congratulations for the new car! Wishing many happy miles! What was the total OTR price?

Have you checked with the service station or your SA about the quirks you mentioned? What did they say?
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 12:17   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Congratulations for the new car! Wishing many happy miles! What was the total OTR price?

Have you checked with the service station or your SA about the quirks you mentioned? What did they say?
Thanks...

14.5+ was OTR

Waiting for first service. Less than two weeks ownership
Old 31st March 2019, 12:32   #1053
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Those who have cancelled the booking - Has the money been refunded yet?

My dealer is citing technical issues in cancelling the OTF and the refund is yet to be processed.
Finally received my refund yesterday after close to 1.5 months of waiting. Not a smooth process at all - and I would certainly hesitate to participate in any Mahindra pre-bookings in the future.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 23:54   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
The XUV 300 locks horn with Ecosport as the Nexon is priced well below and the Brezza is a Maruti Suzuki. I'm guessing Ford has gone back to the drawing board for a few tweaks.
Mahindra despatches 4742 units of XUV 300, 502 units more than Ecosport. This is the 2nd month that XUV has overtaken Ecosport and as I had predicted the Nexon & Brezza remain unaffected.

The Nexon on the back of the 5 star safety rating has crossed 5K despatches for the 3rd consecutive month

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-csuv1.jpg
Karthik Chandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 00:16   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Mahindra despatches 4742 units of XUV 300, 502 units more than Ecosport. This is the 2nd month that XUV has overtaken Ecosport and as I had predicted the Nexon & Brezza remain unaffected.

The Nexon on the back of the 5 star safety rating has crossed 5K despatches for the 3rd consecutive month
The best thing is that the XUV 300 seems to have increased the overall sales of the segment itself with not much impact on the existing vehicles in the segment. Infact, Nexon has hit its lifetime high in the past 3 months, and comes after it achieved the 5-star rating in G-NCAP. Even Ecosport, WRV were able to increase the sales compared to Feb 2019.

Things will get more interesting once the Hyundai Venue is launched and we need to see whether it can displace the Brezza at the top.
jpcoolguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 04:47   #1056
BHPian

Found this today -

Illuminati is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 12:57   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy8134 View Post
Have you booked the XUV? If yes then which colour?
I have not yet booked the XUV. My choice of colour, irrespective of the car, is silver.

Quote:
They could've definitely priced it a bit lower but I believe it's a good car overall. My parents didn't like the Nexon so couldn't test drive that and I personally don't like its back. Same with EcoSport. I found the interiors of the XUV premium.

I'm planning to book the car soon. Which colour do you all find the best looking?
I am sorry for replying late and may have missed your subsequent posts - had been on travel most of last month . Have you booked the XUV? Btw I share your thoughts above on Nexon and Ecosport, so, for me, these are ruled out for sure.
Old 5th April 2019, 21:25   #1058

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
The best thing is that the XUV 300 seems to have increased the overall sales of the segment itself with not much impact on the existing vehicles in the segment. Infact, Nexon has hit its lifetime high in the past 3 months, and comes after it achieved the 5-star rating in G-NCAP. Even Ecosport, WRV were able to increase the sales compared to Feb 2019.

Things will get more interesting once the Hyundai Venue is launched and we need to see whether it can displace the Brezza at the top.
The compact SUV segment is expanding at the expense of sedans. This is a classic casestudy of indirect competition happening between different categories of products in the same industry. I feel Hyundai Venue sales will impact sedans more than other CSUVs. Each product in this segment has its own strengths, Nexon and Brezza are VFM products, Ecosports has driveability on it's side, wrv offers space and comfort, xuv 300 has powerfull engines. I feel this segment will grow even further and has the potential to accommodate other players. Onset of new safety norms with increase in the prosperity level of the young workforce may also gravitate some prospective premium hatch owners towards this segment.
I strongly believe every new entrant in the Indian car market should target this sector as this sector will generate volume and also help them in keeping their premium positioning intact(which every company wants to maximise profits). Case being Citreon which is launching C5 aircross, whereas, C3 aircross could have given them volumes and a foothold in our market. Also, Nissan made a mistake by launching kicks a segment higher. They should have brought the international variant which is smaller and should have reduced it further like mahindra did to Tivoli.
Pritamleo151 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 11:20   #1059

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
I have not yet booked the XUV. My choice of colour, irrespective of the car, is silver.

I am sorry for replying late and may have missed your subsequent posts - had been on travel most of last month . Have you booked the XUV? Btw I share your thoughts above on Nexon and Ecosport, so, for me, these are ruled out for sure.
No problem
We actually bought a Creta instead. So far super happy about the purchase! Found it more VFM and practical than the XUV
lazyboy8134 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 19:45   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
No problem
We actually bought a Creta instead. So far super happy about the purchase! Found it more VFM and practical than the XUV
Wow...many congratulations! Guess the price factor made the difference. May I ask the Creta variant you bought and the total price you paid (only if you wish to disclose)? Thanks in advance.
Old 6th April 2019, 23:58   #1061

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
Wow...many congratulations! Guess the price factor made the difference. May I ask the Creta variant you bought and the total price you paid (only if you wish to disclose)? Thanks in advance.
Thank you!

We bought the e+ petrol variant and OTR price was around 11.6-11.7l( got insurance on my own). Added some after market stuff as well and final price would still be lower than the price I would've paid for the xuv.

Overall pretty happy with the purchase.

Which cars have you shortlisted so far?
lazyboy8134 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 00:37   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pritamleo151 View Post
I strongly believe every new entrant in the Indian car market should target this sector as this sector will generate volume and also help them in keeping their premium positioning intact(which every company wants to maximise profits). Case being Citreon which is launching C5 aircross, whereas, C3 aircross could have given them volumes and a foothold in our market. Also, Nissan made a mistake by launching kicks a segment higher. They should have brought the international variant which is smaller and should have reduced it further like mahindra did to Tivoli.
I echo the similar sentiment as well. There was a news earlier that Jeep is planning to introduce Renegade and then a India specific Sub-4m SUV. However, it would be wise for them to launch the compact SUV first and then the Renegade.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 11:33   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
I just bought an XUV3OO W8(O) 1.5lt Diesel 115bhp, 300Nm, 42 lt tank, 2600mm wheelbase, 17 inch wheels, aquamarine
Can you update the mileage you are getting??

Last edited by SDP : 7th April 2019 at 14:52. Reason: Trimming the quote
Old 7th April 2019, 14:54   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you!

We bought the e+ petrol variant and OTR price was around 11.6-11.7l( got insurance on my own). Added some after market stuff as well and final price would still be lower than the price I would've paid for the xuv.

Overall pretty happy with the purchase.

Which cars have you shortlisted so far?
Thanks so much for your inputs. You've made a timely purchase Based on your earlier valuable input of having bought Creta, I finally made a visit to Hyundai showroom yesterday afternoon (somehow I did not have a personal liking for this brand). I was informed that e+ is discontinued and is being replaced with EX, which is still not available - the SA told me that the price may increase with added features (which features are to my liking though).

I had almost bought the TUV last year but had to defer due to personal reasons. Then the whole diesel issue cropped up in Delhi NCR, as usual, in winter. I also have environment as a consideration, so decided to look for petrol cars. That's when I came across the XUV300 and was eagerly waiting for it, but it turns out to be way too expensive now. So the other option which I had considered in December was new Ertiga. I will also be considering the Venue, but wait periods may be long for Venue as well as Creta EX. I can wait for 2 months max. So now, to answer your question - the vehicles I have shortlisted are Ertiga, TUV & Creta EX (XUV, Ecosport, Nexon, WRV, Brezza, Duster are all ruled out).

Please let me know your thoughts & guidance on the above.
Old 8th April 2019, 07:14   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshit View Post
Can you update the mileage you are getting??
Will be updating in that front soon.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed