Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2019, 07:46   #1066
BHPian

Re: The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs

More detailed review: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...ad-test-412065

You can check the mileage in the below quotes:

Quote:
To further aid efficiency, the XUV300 gets a start-stop system that automatically turns off the engine while idling. The system is slow to respond, especially during start-up, and that can get quite frustrating in stop-go traffic. Leave it on, however, and it will help save some fuel. In the city, the petrol managed 9.7kpl, while the diesel managed 14.4kpl. Out on the highway, the turbo-petrol returned a rather respectable 14.8kpl, while the diesel did a 17.9kpl. The presence of a tall sixth gear ensures that the engine is spinning lazily while cruising at 100kph (2,200rpm in the petrol and 2,000rpm in the diesel), thus sipping lesser fuel
Old 8th April 2019, 09:51   #1067
BHPian

One crossed me today on the DLF underpass. Honestly, the tires look really incorrectly proportional to the body. Literally an "on-stilts" vehicle. Ground clearance is nice, has the road presence of a Brezza. Does not echo any Mahindra design language, though.
Old 8th April 2019, 10:12   #1068
BHPian

I have this question for a long time.. we all are recommended to follow idling rule for turbo-charged engines.
Will the start stop system not affect the turbo?
Old 8th April 2019, 10:19   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
I have this question for a long time.. we all are recommended to follow idling rule for turbo-charged engines.
Will the start stop system not affect the turbo?
It does, and I prefer to switch of the start stop system in any car that I am driving and which has the system built in. In my view, its not at all suited to our conditions because in our cities, once is stopping and starting every few hundred meters literally. The start stop system is more an annoyance than anything really useful under such conditions.

There is already a discussion on this on the turbo idling thread.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 16:59   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshit View Post
Can you update the mileage you are getting??
12.5 kmpl based on full tank to full tank.

Mostly city driving.

Dashboard display shows 13kmpl.

Hoping for it to improve after the first service at 1000kms.

Or maybe a long drive.

Got the service action completed today. Finished quickly. Washing and cleaning the car took more time.

Last edited by @viral : 13th April 2019 at 17:05. Reason: Summited too soon
@viral is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 22:18   #1071

Got my W8(O) Diesel delivered a couple of weeks back and thoroughly enjoying it even in unforgiving Bangalore traffic conditions.

Today, I got a chance to take it on a long drive - around 370 km to Kerala and I must say the experience was even sweeter!

A few highlights based on my last few days' experience:

- Didn't find the lesser boot space an issue at all to carry our 4 member family's baggage for a 2-weeks' trip. This can be quite subjective I agree

- Ride quality in different road conditions is quite enjoyable. Negotiating the serpentine ghat section was breeze-like. I am yet to get my 1st service done- more of an inspection I guess - so I didn't floor it a lot.

- A.C. is quite good even to take on a sweltering, humid weather of a typical Kerala summer. ! This was a pleasant surprise to us as the absence of the rear A.C. vents was a major concern when we first checked out the vehicle. No more a gripe now! I also got to experience the real-life advantages of the dual-zone climate control.

- Android Auto keeps getting disconnected. Absolutely irritating! However, Apple CarPlay is just fine.

- Mileage for my Kerala trip was 18.6 km/h - a mix of high-ways, ghat and small roads. I have been getting around 14.5 in Bangalore - ORR route with multiple traffic bottlenecks.

- A little unsure about the "timing" of using the auto stop/start feature. It will take some getting-used-to during peak hours in Bangalore.

- The music system isn't that great especially if you don't have good quality audio tracks.

- Tyre pressure monitoring system may not be accurate. The Mahindra guy who came over to explain the features said it wouldn't show a value greater than 33 psi and hence the 34 psi I filled from a couple of places didn't show it! I am not convinced though.

Last edited by SDP : 13th April 2019 at 23:36. Reason: Multiple typos corrected. Please proofread your messages before posting.
Malabari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 23:21   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malabari View Post
Got my W8(O) Diesel delivered a couple of weeks back and thoroughly enjoying it even in unforgiving Bangalore traffic conditions.

- Android Auto keeps getting disconnected. Absolutely irritating! However, Apple CarPlay is just fine.

Congratulations.For Android Auto disconnect issue try with a new cable.
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 06:35   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Congratulations.For Android Auto disconnect issue try with a new cable.
It isn't a cable issue but a glitch with the XUV's infotainment software. We faced this same issue across multiple cars too. CarPlay works fine though.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 07:35   #1074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirubhai View Post
More detailed review: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...ad-test-412065

You can check the mileage in the below quotes:
I don't think that this auto start stop feature has been tested in Indian conditions to establish that it saves fuel. The bumper to bumper traffic situation prevalent in most of our cities is not ideal for this feature. Even if not that, there are enough obstacles, including people and animals on our roads, which make you come to a complete stop and the engine shuts down at each of these times only to start a second later. I am sure it would do more harm that good. It is certainly annoying. Then even on the signals, most of them are untimed, the weather comes into play. The outside heat is so much, that the system comes back in less than a minute since the AC compressor needs to switch on.

In addition to all this, M&Ms adaptation of the same is apparently not even fluent as per all the reviewers which would just make this feature unbearable and useless.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 10:42   #1075

Mod Note: Our XUV300 Report has been taken live at this link (Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review). Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
It isn't a cable issue but a glitch with the XUV's infotainment software. We faced this same issue across multiple cars too. CarPlay works fine though.
It does look like a s/w issue. I did try a couple of cables and the issue persisted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
In addition to all this, M&Ms adaptation of the same is apparently not even fluent as per all the reviewers which would just make this feature unbearable and useless.
True, a few reviewers had reported that it wouldn't restart on its own at times. It could be some glitch in those cars. I found the behaviour of the stop/start system quite predictable.
The system takes a few minutes of driving to get activated, which is a good thing. Post that it would stop in about 2 seconds the moment you put the vehicle in neutral and take your foot off the clutch pedal.
This is what I do - turn off the stop-start when I foresee and stop 'n go situation. E.g The accurately predictable tin-factory bottleneck in Bangalore. I turn it on when I am approaching traffic signals/manned-traffic check points (quite a few in Bangalore) that are sure to last for more than 30 seconds.
This has been working like a charm so far. But I am not so sure if this is the right approach. Is 30 seconds too less a time? Experts, please share your views on this.

Last edited by GTO : 15th April 2019 at 10:24. Reason: Link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks