Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2018, 20:13   #316
BHPian

re: The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs

Here is what I feel about the XUV300:
1. Overall design seems good but the DRLs at the front feel out of place.
2. Tail could have had a better design. It's pretty average if not ugly. Taillights feel like big squint-y eyes on a small kid. The sub-4m rule is culpable here.
3. Interiors are surely impressive and so is the feature list.
4. Power figures appear good. It is to be seen how that translates to real-life performance.
5. Call it wishful thinking but on the safety front, I expect the car to bag a GNCAP rating of 4 or above. Let's hope that turns out to be true.

On the sales part, it will definitely cannibalize TUV300 sales. But as long as there is decent demand (500-1000 units) for the latter, Mahindra would want to keep it running. What I am keen to see is whether it:
a) Dents Brezza's sales
b) Burgles into Nexon's and Ecosport's pies.
c) Creates its own demand

Last edited by mroutlander : 26th December 2018 at 20:15.
Old 26th December 2018, 22:59   #317
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Rumour has it, they will stretch the XUV 3OO and make it XUV4OO and in the process it will be a 7 seater and will rival Hyundai's upcoming 7 seat Creta and the SUV from Maruti Suzuki.

Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
They will not stretch the <4m car to >4m for XUV400, they will use the original Tivoli for that (like how Ssangyong Rexton became Mahindra G4 Alturas) to rival the Creta etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Better to wait for a more credible source before speculating so deep about that article.

First time I'm hearing that website. Looks like clickbait stuff to me.
At the naming event a query regarding this was answered by Dr. Pawan Goenka and he mentioned that Mahindra currently has no plans for a bigger vehicle on the Tivoli platform.

And what I feel is, if Mahindra wants a bigger vehicle they can use the Tivoli XLV as the base. It can be engineered into a 5+2 seater.

Last edited by SRK : 26th December 2018 at 23:01.
SRK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 23:35   #318
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

OT - Just me or does this instrument cluster from the XUV300 look miles ahead of what we get in the XUV500?!!

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-untitled.jpg

Source - https://www.mahindraxuv300.com/
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 02:17   #319
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
OT - Just me or does this instrument cluster from the XUV300 look miles ahead of what we get in the XUV500?!!

Attachment 1831524

Yes agreed with respect to instrument cluster. Mahindra has been working relentlessly on improving the interiors of their cars which shows on 300. But the only eye sore on 300 is the orange backlit provided for the AC climate screen I presume which looks a lot dated.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 05:33   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Yes agreed with respect to instrument cluster. Mahindra has been working relentlessly on improving the interiors of their cars which shows on 300. But the only eye sore on 300 is the orange backlit provided for the AC climate screen I presume which looks a lot dated.
While the customer does end up getting a nicely styled interior, I would be hesitant in giving Mahindra too much credit. This is what the Tivoli's interior looks like in Europe.

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-008ssangyong_tivoli_elx.jpg
Source: Carbuyer UK

That being said, there is no doubt that the quality of their interior design seems to be on an upswing (the Marazzo being a worthy winner of our CoTY )

Last edited by Amartya : 28th December 2018 at 05:35. Reason: Added image source.
Amartya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 06:41   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Your answer is in the sales data itself. Take last month for example - 14,378 units of Brezza, 4224 units of Nexon, 2786 units of WRV, 2724 units of Ecosport and 992 units of TUV 3OO.

Mahindra has a very insignificant share of this segment - and they'll be glad if they can reach or exceed Nexon level of sales, even if that means the end of TUV 3OO

I think TUV will have its own set of customers, (though sales might drop drastically) especially from rural areas due to the rugged nature of the vehicle compared to all the other choices available.
Thanks for sharing the stats and making me aware of reality. I was pleasantly surprised to see that WRV is selling more, though marginal, than the Ecosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
You're right to be concerned about the lack of a petrol version in any model you'd be considering.

To be fair, BS VI is going to be the death of diesel cars as far as urban customers are concerned. Hell, I foresee even cab operators turning to petrol fleets once diesels cost them +2 lacs.
Thanks for this invaluable advice. Very grateful. I have actively started looking at petrol car options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroutlander View Post
On the sales part, it will definitely cannibalize TUV300 sales. But as long as there is decent demand (500-1000 units) for the latter, Mahindra would want to keep it running.
I hope so too since the car has all the features that an SUV requires and I had almost bought it.
CarStruck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 09:20   #322
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1831524

Why on earth they are giving such light coloured interiors. The all black in Ssyangyong looks so nice and would be easier to maintain. I know we Indians love beige and associate it with premium but i thought this thinking was dying slowly. This would be a nightmare to maintain, imagine stains all across.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 06:30   #323
BHPian

Somebody shared the video showing the interior of XUV3OO. Some additional information can be derived viz.
  1. Gets a Start/ Stop Mild Hybrid System.
  2. Front Parking Sensors
  3. Rain Sensing Wipers
  4. Automatic Headlamps
  5. Steering Modes(Probably)
  6. Cooled Glovebox(Probably)
  7. Dual USB Ports with Aux Input
  8. Voice Command
  9. Cruise Control
  10. Padded Arm Support on Doors
  11. Armrest for the rear seat
  12. Auto-Dimming Mirror

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st December 2018 at 08:06. Reason: Minor typo.
sunilsoft is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 12:16   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Ace rally driver Gaurav Gill provides a sneak peek of the Xuv300. Swipe to the second pic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrrWJmHA...d=bmvob6n306bi

What a confused design... the front is squarish and the rear all curves. Looks like they have stick 2 cars together. And that toothy grill is.. They will have to undercut Nexon and Brezza if they want to sell.
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 21:23   #325
BHPian

Media reports are out regarding the price of XUV 300 they are predicting the price to be between 10 to 16 lacs (on road). IMHO this is going to be a disaster for the model. I think maximum price for top variant should be around 12.5 lacs ex showroom
Old 1st January 2019, 20:32   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra XUV3OO launch on February 15, 2019.

New XUV300 to get a 1.5-litre diesel and 1.2-litre petrol engine(Turbo). Only MT variant at Launch.
Any idea about the power of the turbo charged 1.2 liter petrol? Can't seem to find it anywhere online.
Old 2nd January 2019, 11:06   #327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
They will have to undercut Nexon and Brezza if they want to sell.
I think otherwise.

XUV 3OO has many advantages on paper that Mahindra sales reps are going to find it pretty easy to sell their product against a Nexon or Brezza.

Maruti Suzuki won't be really bothered as usual, but others sure will be!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 14:52   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
Media reports are out regarding the price of XUV 300 they are predicting the price to be between 10 to 16 lacs (on road). IMHO this is going to be a disaster for the model. I think maximum price for top variant should be around 12.5 lacs ex showroom
I disagree, i believe the ex showroom price could start somewhere near 7 lakhs (8.2 Lakhs on road approx) ..in that case XUV300 could easily take 2nd place in this hotly contested segment

Last edited by IntoTheStorm : 2nd January 2019 at 15:10.
Old 3rd January 2019, 19:14   #329
BHPian

Saw 4 camouflaged XUV300s road testing on the Bangalore - Mumbai highway, somewhere near Hubli yesterday. Couldn't click pics, as I was driving in the opposite direction and these 4 cars just whizzed past. Wasn't too difficult to identify them. All of them had their DRLs on, and the size does look impressive in person. If priced well, this will be another hit from Mahindra after the Marazzo.
nikipedia87 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 08:15   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rumour has it, they will stretch the XUV 3OO and make it XUV4OO and in the process it will be a 7 seater and will rival Hyundai's upcoming 7 seat Creta and the SUV from Maruti Suzuki.

Link
There is already a Tivoli XLV variant that i see here in Singapore. so there is no need for Mahindra to stretch the XUV300. The XUV400 already exists in the form of the XLV.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks