Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 13:40   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen launches 2016 Polo with additional features

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Agreed with your observation, but do you really think the one they will give is the 60-70K one, i believe there will be some cost cutting on that also. That said personally i usually want my car to look different so i prefer after market mods. In Bangalore we have some really good light installer, lumen system comes to mind, who do a great job.

That said please stay away from Taiwan Manufactured ones as they are the one which exhibit the qualities you mentioned. On another note once VW does launch those lights i think we should be anyway be able to retrofit it in our old cars
Well I do not know whether they will give the 60k-70k headlights. But I will definitely not assume that they would not. The price of 60k-70k is for the OEM (courtesy VAG Tune) ones and not the Taiwan ones and this is exactly the point I am trying to make. Yes, we should be able to retrofit these headlights in our old cars if VW do introduce them; but then again, at what cost?
Old 4th February 2016, 14:18   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Well I do not know whether they will give the 60k-70k headlights. But I will definitely not assume that they would not. The price of 60k-70k is for the OEM (courtesy VAG Tune) ones and not the Taiwan ones and this is exactly the point I am trying to make. Yes, we should be able to retrofit these headlights in our old cars if VW do introduce them; but then again, at what cost?
You are right, my assumption should not be based on the pricing of vagtune, it would be really good to get those lights in 30k range, will add to the persona of the car. I will though still go ahead and get it done from a third party, waiting to get hold of OEM pair of lights which i can modify, do not want to tamper the stock lights.

Just checked the Vento now gets DRLS, now that is a good upgrade which i will definitely miss on Vento. Hopefully the dome can be retrofitted.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2016-a...po-2016-a.html

Last edited by AtheK : 4th February 2016 at 14:27.
Old 4th February 2016, 14:25   #78
BHPian

Hi folks.

Sorry if I sound too naïve. Had a question in my mind, so thought of asking here.

I am unable to make out if the 5" touch screen in the 2016 Vento will have audio/video navigation built in it or not. Per me, only the Highline Plus variant will get it and not the regular Highline variant.

Also, if there is no audio/visual navigation in this unit, can we get it installed in this very unit as an aftermarket?

Guidance will be really appreciated. Thanks.

By the way, was contacted by VW Mumbai North today- they apologized profusely for the previous goof-ups in their communication with me (they were coaxing me to buy a Vento AT by taking a test drive of Polo MT because they didn't have automatic variants for test drive and also because a Vento MT was not available at that time for a test drive).

Will be going to have a look at the car in person on Sunday.

Regards.
Old 4th February 2016, 14:27   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: In addition to the listed features. The Vento gets LED head lamps with LED DRLs. Looks like they forgot to mention it earlier

From the Volkswagen India Website News Section

Quote:
To delight the customer's in-vehicle experience, Volkswagen has evolved rapidly to provide new offerings in the Polo and Vento which will enhance their daily driving experience. Adding a dash of convenience are intelligent systems like rain sensing wipers – auto dimming IRVM, Dynamic touchscreen multimedia system with Mirror link, I-pod connectivity, phonebook / SMS viewer which will optimize the driving environment and comfort. – class leading features. Additionally, Volkswagen Vento will be equipped with stunning and innovative LED head lamps with LED DRLs.(Daytime running Lights)
Images at the Official VW@AutoExpo Thread

Source: VW Website

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 4th February 2016 at 14:28.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 14:39   #80
BHPian

Any reason why there seems to be a sudden raise in importance to indian market ?

- VW loads polo and vento with tons of features.
- VW brings Polo GTI to India
- VW builds Ameo especially for Indian market and loads it to the brim with segment first features.
- LED head lights, reverse camera are starting to be seen in cars in the 10L segment.
- Plain jane BMW 3-series suddenly looks loaded post LCI.
- Miserly Toyota brings all new Innova well equipped and whats more? adds features that are exclusive to indian market going by what i read on our forum.
- Ford did not skimp on features on the new Endeavour.

What is this trend ? Suddenly we are not third world country anymore ?
Mods: I know this is little off topic but couldn't find an appropriate thread to post this.
Old 4th February 2016, 14:45   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
Any reason why there seems to be a sudden raise in importance to indian market ?

- VW loads polo and vento with tons of features.
- VW brings Polo GTI to India
- VW builds Ameo especially for Indian market and loads it to the brim with segment first features.
- LED head lights, reverse camera are starting to be seen in cars in the 10L segment.
- Plain jane BMW 3-series suddenly looks loaded post LCI.
- Miserly Toyota brings all new Innova well equipped and whats more? adds features that are exclusive to indian market going by what i read on our forum.
- Ford did not skimp on features on the new Endeavour.

What is this trend ? Suddenly we are not third world country anymore ?
Mods: I know this is little off topic but couldn't find an appropriate thread to post this.
I guess this has been more reactive then proactive from VW part, look at the competitors they have all moved on. Features being announce on Polo/Vento have been on Verna/i20 for years now even Honda upped the game.

I seriously think Baleno pricing has been the game changer in sub 10L bracket, Maruti has totally shaken up the market by providing pretty much every worldly comfort in Alpha variant of the Baleno at a mouth watering price, the car is commanding a huge waiting period.

It was now or never for VW, with the brand image being tarnished they really had to make huge moves, i think a lot of these changes might not have happened this year and so quickly if not for Diesel gate fiasco.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 14:47   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd be very surprised if they do offer LED headlights in the Vento! The technology is still very expensive and seen only on Audi A4 upwards kind of cars.

Maybe a typo by an over-enthusiastic copywriter? Similar to when they wrote wrongly in their own PR that the Polo GTI will come in both manual and 7DSG form.

I have a feeling they meant integrated LED DRLs.

Last edited by itwasntme : 4th February 2016 at 14:47. Reason: Formatting
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 15:05   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I'd be very surprised if they do offer LED headlights in the Vento! The technology is still very expensive and seen only on Audi A4 upwards kind of cars.

Maybe a typo by an over-enthusiastic copywriter? Similar to when they wrote wrongly in their own PR that the Polo GTI will come in both manual and 7DSG form.

I too would suspect so. Also it finds no mention in the updated feature list of the Vento while the rain sensing wipers, auto dimming mirror and new HU is mentioned but it doesn't mention the DRLs too, so you never know.
Old 4th February 2016, 15:06   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

You mean to say that the following is wrongly updated in VW website and they might back track on that .
From vw website : "Additionally, Volkswagen Vento will be equipped with stunning and innovative LED head lamps with LED DRLs.(Daytime running Lights). "

Some one at the auto expo can give their thoughts .

Can't we make it out from below images whether the head lamps are LED or not .
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...v1aaa_2011.jpg

Last edited by csnanjappa : 4th February 2016 at 15:21.
Old 4th February 2016, 15:49   #85
BHPian

they are LED headlamps, no projectors as clarified by gannu here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2016-a...ml#post3905767
sagpatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 16:07   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Update: In addition to the listed features. The Vento gets LED head lamps with LED DRLs. Looks like they forgot to mention it earlier

From the Volkswagen India Website News Section

Images at the Official VW@AutoExpo Thread

Source: VW Website
Last time I've asked Volkswagen itself, the current Vento headlights can't be retrofitted with the old 2011 Vento. The tail lamps can be but not the headlights. I'm guessing it will the same with the LED's, however, I would like to be proven wrong
Old 4th February 2016, 16:27   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
You are right, my assumption should not be based on the pricing of vagtune, it would be really good to get those lights in 30k range, will add to the persona of the car...
I doubt if these headlights will be in the 30K range. The double barrel headlights in the present Polo cost 25K a pair. If we are talking about LED DRLs, projectors or LED lights, the cost should definitely be more than 50K a pair.
Old 4th February 2016, 16:33   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I doubt if these headlights will be in the 30K range. The double barrel headlights in the present Polo cost 25K a pair. If we are talking about LED DRLs, projectors or LED lights, the cost should definitely be more than 50K a pair.
Hmmm, well then if it indeed is a 42k price hike which my SA was speaking about yesterday, with LED headlamps, it does become a sweet deal.

I just spoke with him and he was not aware of LED DRL in Vento, he will confirm back in a bit. Surprising that VW did not inform this part to there dealers also.
Old 4th February 2016, 17:11   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I too would suspect so. Also it finds no mention in the updated feature list of the Vento while the rain sensing wipers, auto dimming mirror and new HU is mentioned but it doesn't mention the DRLs too, so you never know.
My guess is there would be one more update for 2016 around June that would include the DRL's and new headlamps
Old 5th February 2016, 02:55   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Yes, its possible to fit all new features - HU, auto IVRM and rain sensing wipers for ~ 40K; confirmed by a dealer in Kerala

]
Thanks for that bit of information. It will be a really good deal if we can get all the 3 features in around 40K. Is it possible for you to ask how much would it cost just for the HU ? Will he be able to share that information ?
Appreciate your reply on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks