Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2016, 11:11   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen launches 2016 Polo with additional features

I just spoke to my SA, and he told me that the LED/DRL headlamps will be made available only by Q2, somewhere close to Ameo launch. He was also surprised by the display of the LED headlamps yesterday. Will have to wait and see how it pans out, as per him the change should come along with Ameo.

But then again we suddenly see a surge of activities with VW, you might just have the car with the said lamps next week in showroom.
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 17:46   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Projectors aren't a feature even in the international polo - even the GTI for that matter. So I doubt VW India would be able to give a feature that doesn't exist on the EU versions as of now.
Its optional for UK models. Bi-Xenon headlamps

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo-gp/explore - see the last picture in gallery

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo-gp/which-model

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Thanks for that bit of information. It will be a really good deal if we can get all the 3 features in around 40K. Is it possible for you to ask how much would it cost just for the HU ? Will he be able to share that information ?
Appreciate your reply on this.
They are yet to get the vehicles so he don't have any info about the HU price.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th February 2016 at 15:20. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
Old 8th February 2016, 17:53   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Its optional for UK models. Bi-Xenon headlamps

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo-gp/explore - see the last picture in gallery

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo-gp/which-model
Thanks for correcting me! It certainly won't be cheap though - else they'd have put it as standard equipment on the India bound GTI.
Old 9th February 2016, 14:58   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
they are LED headlamps, no projectors as clarified by gannu here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2016-a...ml#post3905767

The new Polo GTI is the first Volkswagen ever to get LED headlamps as an option.
sivasain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 11:54   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanwheels View Post
Hi folks.

Sorry if I sound too naïve. Had a question in my mind, so thought of asking here.

Will be going to have a look at the car in person on Sunday.

Regards.

No the 2016 unit is the VW MIB lowest variant. Does not even have the CAN BUS input for video. You can buy aftermarket units to augment it, but better go with fully equipped ones like Blaupunkt Philadelphia (read Gannus's excellent review), or Dynavin N6.
How much were you quoted for the TSI DSG Vento? I am buying the same in Pune.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th February 2016 at 12:38. Reason: Trimming quoted post for better readibility
Old 13th February 2016, 13:11   #96
BHPian

Does the new Vento/Polo got Reverse camera like Ameo ?
Old 13th February 2016, 13:27   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
No, sadly. The Unit used is a Harman made MIB and lacks the CAN BUS input for video.
Old 13th February 2016, 13:31   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Polo definitely does not have it. As per the press release the Vento also does not get it. But maybe it will get added when they add the led head lamps.

Since the Ameo gets it and all 3 get the same HU, should be an easy job to add the reverse cam at the dealer level.
Old 13th February 2016, 13:33   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The Polo definitely does not have it. As per the press release the Vento also does not get it. But maybe it will get added when they add the led head lamps.

Since the Ameo gets it and all 3 get the same HU, should be an easy job to add the reverse cam at the dealer level.
I don't understand the tactics of VW still. Why can't they just add reverse camera when it's younger cousin is getting it.
Old 13th February 2016, 14:06   #100

Quote:
I don't understand the tactics of VW still. Why can't they just add reverse camera when it's younger cousin is getting it.

Like I said above it may not be the same unit. I checked the unit at the dealership as I want a reverse cam myself, it does not have CAN BUS inputs for video. I think the Ameo one is a different unit with same faceplate. Frustrating for sure.
Old 8th March 2016, 07:01   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Motorbeam has reported about yet another facelift for the Polo. Only additions are the LED headlamps and DRL's that was shown in the Vento at the Auto Expo.

Volkswagen launches 2016 Polo with additional features-volkswagenpolofacelift2016696x547.jpg

Volkswagen launches 2016 Polo with additional features-2016volkswagenpolo.jpg

The article says it is a facelift that will be launched soon. But not too sure about that. On the other hand Polo dispatches fell by 50% in Feb, which typically happens when there is a facelifted model coming.

The Vento getting expensive LEDs was a surprise. Putting in the Polo is even more surprising and will take the price much higher.

Source: Motorbeam

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 8th March 2016 at 07:02.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 13:30   #102
BHPian

But isn't it strange that they'd push a face-lift while an existing face-lift hasn't even hit the ground running.

Will this be a festive launch then?
Old 21st March 2016, 23:32   #103
BHPian

There's some crazy discounts on the current polo and the previous one without the touch screen unit, both being 2016 stock. In Mumbai cars are being offered -comfort line at about 40k discount plus the usual exchange bonus and loyalty bonus.
The highline as well 55k or so for the older version (2016) and 30 on the current polo, seem like they are extremely aggressive to push out inventory this month.
Old 22nd March 2016, 13:30   #104
Senior - BHPian

Have VW India run out of ideas to sell cars, am tired of facelift after facelift and this is getting irritating now. Can't they wait for 2-3 months, give whatever features they want to and launch the car in one go. This would leave a bad impression for some one who buys the car now and within a month the car gets updated with some thing extra.
VW needs to keep the price in check as well, they are raising 30-40k with every update and the sales figures would suffer if they keep jacking up the prices, it is already the lowest seller when it comes to premium hatchbacks.
Old 29th April 2016, 09:17   #105
BHPian

Hello guys, Can anyone point me where in Bangalore can I upgrade the halogen headlamps to xenons for my Polo 1.2MPI. What would be the cost and will I face any issues after installation? Please share your experience if you have upgraded to xenons.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks