Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:28   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen launches 2016 Polo with additional features

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
While adding features to existing models is good, why are they not launching new products in India? Instead they choose to keep on adding features to old models.
Tell me about it. I have the first generation Vento AT and the feature set of my car and the latest Vento AT in the market is barely overlapping. For example:
- 1.6 MFI naturally aspirated engine replaced by 1.5 TDI and 1.2 TSI options
- 6-speed torque convertor replaced by 7-speed DSG gearbox
- Flattened sporty steering wheel
- MID and AC console in a more elegant white/black lighting rather than bright red and blue respectively
- Head unit supports SD card, USB, Aux, BT now in addition to CD and FM only available in my car
- ASR/traction control added
- Retractable mirrors added (with integrated turn indicators)
-Cooled glovebox
- Leatherette seats and a darker shade of beige interiors

My dilemma is: while it makes sense to buy a car like this once, would anyone do it again? Essentially it would be buying the SAME car with better features. The heart just doesn't agree. You have to move up in life!

Really don't see why VW can't introduce more models other than the Polo/Vento in this segment.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
I am happy that we are now getting more and more features in the Polo/Vento as standard rather than optional, but frankly speaking, if they improve their after sales service reputation, that would still go a long way in improving their brand image.
Forget A.S.S, even their pre-sales is not at all up to the mark. I made an inquiry about buying Vento TSI AT with VW Mumbai North dealership. They said they don't have a test drive vehicle and will arrange for it. Almost a week passed, but I got no response from them.

Then after a week, a sales rep calls me and says "please test drive the Polo TSI sir, its a Vento without a boot". I assume its an AT, but just to confirm it, I ask them whether its an AT or MT. To my surprise, they say its an MT

I mean what sort of an approach is this ! Here you have a customer wanting to buy Vento AT and you are asking him to take a test drive of Polo MT and take a decision regarding it ! Great ! Never seen such innovation in customer centricity ! Well done VW !

No wonder your cars can't beat the Marutis and Hyundais in sheer numbers despite being technically sound, of good build quality and superior in many aspects, because you have an army of such great sales reps ! Way to go VW !
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:33   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
How do VW Dealers handle these frequent changes with respect to Demo Cars?

I remember the VW Sales Rep. explaining to me in Dec-2015 that the Polo GT TSi he brought didn't have cruise control, cooled glovebox, auto folding ORVM etc..but the latest cars have it. Guess they should have a print out of features missing in a 6 month old Demo Car.
They use the same old demo car. I had asked for a TD of a TSi (couple of months back) and the TD car was the first model. They just handed over the new feature list and said these new features doesnt make a huge difference even if I am driving the old car (speechless).
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:38   #34
BHPian

This is brilliant and expected after these features were identified in the scoop pictures of Ameo. I am quite glad that VW has decided to give the full list of features to Polo and make it more attractive to prospective buyers. I wish they launched the original GT in India with the new headlamps and infotainment system back then. I do not really fancy automatic headlamps / wipers / IRVM or electrically foldable mirrors. But yes these make the car worth every single penny on it.

I hope to retrofit this new infotainment system RCD 330 ( Thats what VW calls it - well at least in Russia ) in my 2013 GT ( I currently have an RNS 315 fitted) with the appropriate connectors.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3881410
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:08   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmm being an owner of the Vento HL for over two months this just comes as a bummer, but then if I look at it I have already retrofitted all of them except rain sensing wiper.

I paid 23k for an android head unit, which will be anyway better then the basic one they will provide (which will generally lack RCA preout too) and 4.5k for auto dimming IVRM. So if it indeed is a 30k price hike and seeing that this will be a new model they will not give any additional discounts(I got around 35k cash discount), 65k extra for these features don't pinch me much.

Need to see how to get the rain sensing retrofitted though.
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:16   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Got to appreciate VW for continually updating the feature list. Not only mid cycle facelifts, but VW is seriously tracking the new features offered by the competition in their newer launches and ensuring VW cars and not left far behind. Impressive.

Companies like FIAT, Chevrolet, Toyota etc need to learn from this example IMO.
I'm totally with you on this VW has to be appreciated for trying to keep with the competition by constantly bumping up the feature list. The product just gets fresher with these additions and with the timelessness of VW's designs they remain afresh and can compete with the current models.
rav11stars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 16:08   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Can someone throw more light on the new ICE , I think all all my features are being ticked off except for auto dimming ORVM's , Reverse camera and auto head lamps (can we retro fit these ?).
One more question there was another thread mentioned below showing LED DRL's for Vento 2016 , would not be surprised if there is another update around June 2016 .
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...testing-3.html
The Ameo gets the same Head Unit and comes with Reverse Cam and Sensors. So I assume the HU has a reverse cam input and a cam can be added.

Auto Headlamps can be retrofitted (not at the dealer of course)- Several members here have done it.

That LED DRL Vento I think was a false news. It was some model being tested for overseas markets.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 18:06   #38
BHPian

One thing I have notice about VW is that they have constantly tweaked their feature list of Polo in the past and usually without notice. Some times, two same variants of Polo bought within the same year may have had different features. When I bought my Polo comfort-line back in 2013, the brochure did show a 60:40 folding rear seats. But the actual car that was delivered to me had only 100% folding seat (No 60:40 split). When I checked with the dealer, he confirmed that the feature list has changed. I wonder whether they tweak the list depending upon the spares available at the time of manufacturing?. Otherwise, there is not much of logic in tweaking the features every now and then
Old 2nd February 2016, 18:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

This basically means someone who owns a 6-7 month old Polo already misses 7-8 features.
I am one of those unfortunate souls. I bought the GT TSI seven months back.

I will check with the dealer and see if they can retrofit some of the upgrades. I already have the Android HU DIY in the pipeline.
Old 2nd February 2016, 19:28   #40
BHPian

Well, pushed my aunt into booking a GT TSI a month ago and the dealership has taken it to the RTO today.
Don't know whether she gets the additional features. Told her to call the SA and confirm. Haven't gotten a reply yet. Hopefully she has the extra features. *fingers crossed*
Old 2nd February 2016, 20:55   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Well, pushed my aunt into booking a GT TSI a month ago and the dealership has taken it to the RTO today.
Don't know whether she gets the additional features. Told her to call the SA and confirm. Haven't gotten a reply yet. Hopefully she has the extra features. *fingers crossed*
Just got word from my aunt that the SA confirmed that the car has the touch screen system but does not have the Auto-Dimming IRVM and rain sensing wiper. IDK what to do. My aunt is very busy tomorrow and the car will be going for registration tomorrow. She has not even seen the car yet and paid the money and gave the car( which she exchanged). Well, I guess it depends on Lady Luck
Old 2nd February 2016, 21:01   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Just got word from my aunt that the SA confirmed that the car has the touch screen system but does not have the Auto-Dimming IRVM and rain sensing wiper. IDK what to do. My aunt is very busy tomorrow and the car will be going for registration tomorrow. She has not even seen the car yet and paid the money and gave the car( which she exchanged). Well, I guess it depends on Lady Luck
If it has the touchscreen system, then it should have the other two. Probably the SA is not familiar with the other 2 features well enough to validate and tell. They are not very obvious things.

If it is a 2016 manufactured car, it should have it.
Old 2nd February 2016, 21:09   #43
BHPian

So, my aunt gave me her SA's number and (I guess) told him that I'm just a 9th grader. He took that casually and when I started asking him some of my questions, he kinda got baffled and asked me how old I am. I told him and he was like "Are you a BHPian?", I was surprised and answered affirmative. The conversation took a turn and both of us had a friendly chat about you-know-what (). He said he will get the VIN number and check for the other features. He especially promised me he will do a thorough PDI on my aunts behalf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
If it has the touchscreen system, then it should have the other two. Probably the SA is not familiar with the other 2 features well enough to validate and tell. They are not very obvious things.

If it is a 2016 manufactured car, it should have it.
He said he'll get back to me in the morning. Hopefully, what you said is right sir.
Old 2nd February 2016, 22:03   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

So my SA had come to collect something around car and here are the details..

1. The TSI in bangalore will be 42k expensive then the current model.
2. Rain sensing wiper does not switch on the wiper automatically, but rather controls the speed of the wipers as per the intensity of the rain.
3. No discounts.

So if i add up the 38k cash discount i got, this new model would have been around 80K expensive, not worth if you can just do a bit of DIY yourself.

That said Kudos to VW for adding new features, and until they are not changing the exterior and only adding a few cosmetic changes, i don't mind another facelift in another 6 months. After all more often than not it gives us an option of a retrofit.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 22:04   #45
Senior - BHPian

Any word on whether the lower trims (TL, CL) get these changes?

In particular, now that the Ameo gets ABS as standard across the range, does the Trendline Polo also get that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks