Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2016, 10:32   #1336
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikvkv View Post
I felt the same way after I saw the autocar review of the hexa. She seemingly was happy at the interiors of the hexa at the Auto Expo and in the review she wasn't that impressed I guess. It seems she was trying hard to find the shortcomings of the car. But when I saw her review the Crysta innova she was all praise and even didn't find a single shortcoming. Autocar review looked plain dull and unenthusiastic whereas other reviews were solid and good enough. Now I'm waiting for the official tbhp review and the review of the 5' feet 10 inches tall guy from autoportal.
I agree. Autocar and Overdrive reviews just don't seem to be objective. Certain car companies gets a lot of praise for seemingly very little from these guys and the brickbats are out for the others. YouTube channels seem to be the only place for good video reviews now.

FYI the AutoPortal review is available now.

Last edited by NiXTriX2004 : 25th October 2016 at 10:33.
Old 25th October 2016, 10:41   #1337
BHPian

The story of improved quality is not new for Tata Motors. Look at all the launches in the last five years - Vista, Nano, Strome, Aria, Bolt, Zest, Tiago - we always say that this car is the best in terms of quality.

But really, that is hardly a benchmark that TATA should aspire towards. Can they lay claim to have the better quality than Crysta or a better fit than Creta?

What they need is one car that gives the best long term user experience and post sales experience to a customer. If the Hexa can do that, they will have a winner.

On the pricing they will have to play smart by undercutting the Duster at the lower end, Creta at the mid end and XUV500 at the top end. The features and good reviews may increase the footfall in the showrooms but significantly lucrative pricing (even as introductory offers) will get them their bacon. Tiago is a great example they can leverage for that.
Old 25th October 2016, 10:58   #1338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And hydraulic brake assist is a feature only on the top end variant? Thats big time cost cutting. Hope XM is priced competitively.
This could solely be the driver assist features of hill hold assist and related ones. Its pretty naive on to mention that only XT gets the hydralic brake assist on the spec sheet when modern cars come with the same hydraulic brake assist.
Old 25th October 2016, 10:59   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Autoportal 5' 10" tall guy's review of Hexa

Last edited by Latheesh : 25th October 2016 at 11:01.
Latheesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 11:04   #1340
BHPian

Here's a list of things that are available in XM but not XE:

Gear Shift knob with Chrome inserts
Body Colored ORVMs
Body Colored Outer Door Handles
Gear Shift knob with Chrome inserts
ConnectNext Touchscreen Infotainment system by HarmanTM
USB / SD card Video Playback & Image Viewer
Voice Command Recognition & SMS Read-out
Customizable Multi-Colored Ambient Mood Lighting
TATA SMART REMOTE App*
Driver Information System (DIS) with Multi-Colored TFT screen
Super Drive Modes Display in theme color
Gear Shift Indicator & Recommender
Service Reminder (Distance/Time)
Reverse Parking Sensor
ORVM Demister
Rear Wiper & Wash
Rear Defogger

It is nice to see Tata providing two variants with AT. In the past we have seen AT offered only in top end, but this will help lot more people consider the AT. Overall, nice distribution of features, providing basic safety features as well as all disc brakes in the base variant itself.

Looking at the above list, I tend to think the price difference between XE and XM will much less than XM and XT.
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 11:09   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj_s85 View Post
[/b]Major components missing are safety features and Automatic Temperature Control, now need to see the difference between XM & XT
The lack of Cruise Control & Auto AC on the XM variant is a bummer. All other missing features, like you mentioned, can either be retro-fitted or are not a necessity - but without those two - it will be a hard sell for Tata given the competition, i.e. XUV500 W6 variant has both these features & some.
And don't get me started with the XE variant, it is pretty bare bones. So much for a premium experience & "Confident luxury"

Tata Hexa - Confident Luxury*

*Note - Only applies to the XT & XTA variants
Old 25th October 2016, 11:17   #1342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
This could solely be the driver assist features of hill hold assist and related ones. Its pretty naive on to mention that only XT gets the hydralic brake assist on the spec sheet when modern cars come with the same hydraulic brake assist.
Hill Hold Assist, Hill Descent control, ABS with EBD, Corner Stability control etc are all mentioned separately on the list.

Hydraulic Brake Assist is also mentioned as such, and it is available only on XT.
Old 25th October 2016, 11:21   #1343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hill Hold Assist, Hill Descent control, ABS with EBD, Corner Stability control etc are all mentioned separately on the list.

Hydraulic Brake Assist is also mentioned as such, and it is available only on XT.
Does that mean the lower variants dont get hydraulic brake assist? If yes, what type of brake system does this get? Are they providing air brakes like in commercial vehicles thanks to the overweight?

Stupid people at TATA never change

Last edited by nkrishnap : 25th October 2016 at 11:25.
Old 25th October 2016, 11:26   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Does that mean the lower variants dont get hydraulic brake assist? If yes, what type of brake system does this get?

Stupid people at TATA never change
I think they have confused 'pre-fill' in anticipation of emergency braking situation based on throttle response (which is mentioned in few reviews) with basic 'hydraulic brake assist'.

Yes, silly mistake.
Old 25th October 2016, 11:30   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.r.K View Post
From the picture, it looks like the head rests foul more with the seat folding flat than the side bolsters.
If the debate is about the second row folding, then yes. It's probably because of the way the seats are shaped.
The last row doesn't fold flat? This is a basic expectation.
In a 7 seater (5+2 rather), last row is mostly folded down and the entire area is used for luggage. Imagine what happens if the luggage floor has a slope and not flat!
Old 25th October 2016, 11:36   #1346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
I think they have confused 'pre-fill' in anticipation of emergency braking situation based on throttle response (which is mentioned in few reviews) with basic 'hydraulic brake assist'.

Yes, silly mistake.
Yep you got it right. Its a blunder and not silly mistake. One more option provided by TATA for nitpicking and reviewers make a scene out of it.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 11:58   #1347
BHPian

Quote:

TML should clarify if this hydraulic assistance is for emergency braking only. This feature increases brake pressure in sudden braking situations because studies have shown that many people don't apply the brakes hard enough in emergency situations, causing the vehicle to stop later than it is capable of.

Does anybody else have information on this?
Old 25th October 2016, 12:13   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj_s85 View Post
(Source) All specifications updated - http://hexa.tatamotors.com/variants
I went to this website and put in my details and I get a call from Tata Motors in less than 15 seconds. I kid you not, less than 15 seconds. Lady gives me details of the vehicles and says that the test drives would commence in the next month (i.e. November). Also that the booking amount is only Rs. 5000. (i.e. Five Thousand). Not bad really. If that is correct then I will surely book this in the first week itself. And hopefully will get a test drive in November itself.

Can someone please explain on how is the ride quality of the 19" wheels in comparison with 16" ones. Will 19" be more comfortable than the 16" ones?

Also, I notice that there is a feature called "Speed dependent volume control" on the infotainment system. What exactly is this?

Last edited by ptushar : 25th October 2016 at 12:16. Reason: Query to be added
Old 25th October 2016, 12:24   #1349
Team-BHP Support

Quick feature comparison of Hexa with the main rivals. Features are similar and directly competing against the variants of XUV 5OO and Innova Crysta.

I guess this means TATA will go aggressive in the pricing department, as it doesn't seem to provide a big lot more features as VFM. Nothing much to differentiate the base variants and top variants, so I expect Hexa to be priced along with XUV 5OO (12.42 ex-Delhi), but slightly lesser to gain sales - starting at 12L ex-Delhi.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-hexa1.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-hexa2.jpg

Expecting aggressive pricing on the Hexa XM especially as the XUV 5OO W6 offers a whole lot more including Automatic climate control, cruise control, alloy wheels, tilt and telescoping steering, fog lamps, 7" touchscreen HU, auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, power adjustable and foldable ORVMs etc. Since the XUV W6 is priced at 13.84 ex-showroom Delhi, I expect TATA to price the Hexa XM around 12.75 ex-showroom Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post

Can someone please explain on how is the ride quality of the 19" wheels in comparison with 16" ones. Will 19" be more comfortable than the 16" ones?

Also, I notice that there is a feature called "Speed dependent volume control" on the infotainment system. What exactly is this?
16 inch ones will definitely be more comfortable than the 19. I have posted a comparison image above how the two tyres would look, and the 16'ers have a lot more rubber to help soften the ride.

Speed sensitive volume control increases and decreases the volume of the music system depending on speed. If you set the volume at level 10 while the vehicle is stationary, when the vehicle speed becomes 100 kmph, the effect of it decreases because of the increase in road, tyre, wind noise etc. To avoid this, the volume is automatically increased when the speed increases.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th October 2016 at 12:29.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 12:48   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
16 inch ones will definitely be more comfortable than the 19. I have posted a comparison image above how the two tyres would look, and the 16'ers have a lot more rubber to help soften the ride.
Ok. In that case, what is the advantage of the 19" wheels? Why would Tata provide the 19" if it has no advantages over the 16"?

Quote:
To avoid this, the volume is automatically increased when the speed increases.
On a lighter note, in that case, what would I fiddle around when I am on the passenger seat. But this does seem like a nice feature to have. Overall the car seems well packed with features.

Just noticed something more, while on their website. Looks like the XTA variant comes ONLY with the 6-seater option. It does not have a choice of a 7-seater version. That does not sound so good at all. The Crysta faced flak on exactly this point on TBHP.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-hexa01.jpg
ptushar is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks