Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2016, 17:38   #1486
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

I was waiting to book the Hexa and called up Concorde Motors Chennai today. Recieved the following details :-

1. Bookings have started from today. Booking amount - 11000/-.

2. Car launch in the first week of January and test drives begin by second half of Nov.

3. I was looking to purchase through CSD and was told that the car will be available through CSD by as early as Feb.

4. Upon prodding, the approx price of XM that I learnt was 14 lacs ex showroom. I inquired about XT variant too but he wasn't very sure of the price and kept saying around 18 lacs. Nevertheless, I was promised to be given a ballpark figure of XT 4*2 Manual by tomorrow.

5. An email with relevant details for booking the Hexa would be sent shortly to my address.

My observations after a couple of interactions with them through telephone are as follows :-

1. Highly responsive, courteous and prompt. Fully geared up to start bookings and present a 'premium' feel to the customer interested in the Hexa.

2. Apprehensive about sharing the price list and probably a tad bit ignorant as yet.

Cheers!
Hunter3077 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 17:38   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Practical for a 'people mover' as in ride quality, cheaper to maintain than looks & cornering (more pronounced during a spirited driving which is not a primary use case).
Agree, higher maintenance cost is a valid concern for those looking for people mover. IMO, Tata already has the answer for your concerns - the two lower trims.

It is a common practice that the highest variant is reserved for supposedly niche and conveniance oriented features and as you can imagine, this comes at a cost. Besides, people who go for the top variant also have different priorities. For e.g they might prefer captain seats instead of bench seats.

Bottomline is, there are finite number of packages and you have to choose one of them. This is the reality with any brand of cars in India, unfortunately.

Interestingly, few pages back, someone was up in arms that the lower variants didnt have cruise control.
Old 1st November 2016, 17:48   #1488
BHPian

The only 3 things that TATA should focus on (besides the boardroom spat)before the launch are Pricing, Pricing and Pricing. Forget the configurations, specs and other details. For now, this is what they have. What they truly need is a disruptive price that will blow the wind off the XUV 500, Creta and Duster. I know that they are different cars but if they price Hexa right and make the others look over-priced, they will have a huge winner.

I would love to be the fly on the wall and listen to the sales predictions for Hexa. I'm thinking that anything upwards of 3500 average monthly sales will make them thrilled but realistically they should look at about 2000+ at least for the first 6 months.

Disclaimer: I'm a Tata Motors stock holder and I'm hoping that the Hexa and later, the Kite blow everything away.
Khushrav is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 18:01   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khushrav View Post
The only 3 things that TATA should focus on (besides the boardroom spat)before the launch are Pricing, Pricing and Pricing.

Disclaimer: I'm a Tata Motors stock holder and I'm hoping that the Hexa and later, the Kite blow everything away.
Dealers in Gurgaon although polite had zero clue about booking. Somehow I got connected to Tata representative and he told me that test drives and bookings will begin in November.

On the pricing bit. If XT 4x2 is 18L then my hunch is that it could just be dead on arrival. Although the product might be fairly priced at 18L it will perhaps not be able to compete with 5OO. My personal viewpoint.

I too want Tata Motors to succeed
Old 1st November 2016, 18:58   #1490
Distinguished - BHPian

Powerdrift Review :

Dr.Naren is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 21:09   #1491
BHPian

Tata Motors dispatches it highest ever volumes in the last 4 years .

Backed by the success of the Tiago hatchback and the Zest doing its highest ever since launch, TATA motors churned out 16311 units in Oct'16.

Just the kind of positive vibe that the company needs when launching a flagshIp vehicle. I sincerely hope that they take this momentum forward and change their fortunes.

With the Kite 5 and Nexon lined up, I predict good times ahead for TATA Motors.

Wishing them good luck

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...es-403394.aspx
Karthik Chandra is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 21:18   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Tata Motors dispatches it highest ever volumes in the last 4 years .

Backed by the success of the Tiago hatchback and the Zest doing its highest ever since launch, TATA motors churned out 16311 units in Oct'16.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...es-403394.aspx
here in this thread. But I have to say this. I am sure the higher sales of the Zest has been triggered by Tiago. People were actually reluctant to walk into a Tata showroom until the Tiago came in. Things have changed now and anyone who is looking for a good car will be convinced that Zest is a brilliant product. So a lot of customers (who do not have a strict budget) coming to take a look at the Tiago will eventually walk out with a Zest. Good for them ! Good for Tata !
DieselAddikt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 21:30   #1493
BHPian

Just made the booking at Concorde motors Hyderabad .. Booking amount is 11K. They are not sure about the display and Test drive cars
anumod is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 21:33   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Just made the booking at Concorde motors Hyderabad .. Booking amount is 11K. They are not sure about the display and Test drive cars

Oh wow! Congratulations on the booking. Can you share the variant/colour you booked?
Old 1st November 2016, 21:38   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Oh wow! Congratulations on the booking. Can you share the variant/colour you booked?
The dealers are saying those that details, they will collect later. Now they collected 11K. That is all ..
Old 1st November 2016, 22:06   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! I had got a call from customer care saying that they will arrange for a test drive in a week!

Last edited by bageherath : 1st November 2016 at 22:07.
Old 1st November 2016, 22:22   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Congratulations! I had got a call from customer care saying that they will arrange for a test drive in a week!
Thank you .. Did you get a call from Tata customer care or a dealer customer care. If it's dealer, which was the dealer?
Old 2nd November 2016, 08:54   #1498
BHPian

For those who have made the bookings, is there a certain number from TM allotted?? What i meant to ask was, now that few of the folks have made the first bookings, at the time of launch, will they be guaranteed a preferential delivery if they pay the full amount OR i could take a test drive in Dec'16 and pay the full amount in Jan'17 & get a quick delivery jumping the queue?

Last edited by m3_07 : 2nd November 2016 at 08:55. Reason: typo
Old 2nd November 2016, 09:03   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you .. Did you get a call from Tata customer care or a dealer customer care. If it's dealer, which was the dealer?
This was from Tata customer care, but I feel it will be in or after 2nd week of Nov'16.
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 09:47   #1500
BHPian

Has there been a crash test of Tata Hexa? I searched youtube but couldn't find any videos. Does Tata submit all their cars for crash test? On paper, Hexa looks better than all other 3-row SUV/MPV offerings in India. If it does well on the crash test, I would consider buying one.
Tron is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks