Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2016, 20:33   #106
BHPian

re: Tata wants your help in renaming the Zica! (Edit: Now renamed Tiago)

For me,neither 'Tiago' nor 'Adore' nor 'Civet' sound catchy enough. I googled and found out that Civet is the name associated with an animal in Africa and Asia while Tiago is a baby boy name. What was the reason behind choosing these 3 names?
Old 22nd February 2016, 01:31   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite silly if you ask me, why not just name it Kite? Kite can be interpreted in 2 ways and both are great - one a symbol of everything that is India, a long forgotten hobby of kite flying and two, the bird of prey Kite which almost resembles an eagle. Whats more its already badged Kite in certain places as that was the codename of the car. Simple, short, easy to pronounce and suits a car.

I cant believe the names that Tata have shortlisted.. Civet? Adore??!! Why Tiago, which sounds Latin/Hispanic (and means James in Portuguese). Are Tata out of ideas so much that they are resorting to people-names for cars? Yes I understand Mercedes is also the name of the daughter of Emil from Daimler Motors but at least the name had a connection to the company. I'd say Kite suits this model the best.
Old 22nd February 2016, 02:26   #108
BHPian

A certain Italian company has named its car as 'a vent, a door'. Nothing wrong with Tatas naming it 'a door'. Maybe they want to show that their car is half Italian .

My vote should go to Tata A Door

On a more serious note, Adore doesn't sound bad in the company of Desire, Aspire and Amaze since all of them are human emotions. But the fact that the other cars mentioned here belong to a different segment, Adore would be a better choice for the Kite 5 instead of the Zica.

Zica would do better with a monosyllable name like Swift, Ritz, Brio, Bolt, Spark, Beat, Go, Pulse, Kite, Love

Civet and Tiago don't fit in either company. Out of the 2, Tata Tiago sounds catchier than Tata Civet. So, seriously, cancel my earlier vote, Tiago manages to get my nod.
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:29   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

This car has been in the public eye for almost 2 months now! Without any disclosure of price/variants - the enthusiasm seems to be fading away. Whatever they want to name it, they should do it soon and be done with it. Unnecessarily delaying a launch, doesn't bode too well with waiting customers.

Look at M&M, they launched a new engine (1.9L) to counter the 2L diesel ban in NCR in a jiffy. Earlier also, I remember they decreased the XUV GC in a flash to make sure the additional duty doesn't hurt them.

While TML seems to be improving leaps and bounds, they still look 'lethargic' at times - with this car in particular.
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:12   #110

IMHO, Adore seems to be the safest bet for the following reason:

Tata has put a lot of hard work to create an attractive car with greater value for money. And in the end, have people love (adore) the car.
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:18   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
Tiago is a baby boy name
Like Thiago Messi?
Wonder what Messi being the brand ambassador would feel about his son's name being used to name one of Tata's cars
Old 22nd February 2016, 16:49   #112
BHPian

Finally the name is here, although not fully satisfied with the name. Kite should have been a safer bet for Tata, not sure what stopped them with having that name. Next is the launch date & the price of the car...eagerly waiting for it. Looking at all the media attention , publicity hope they price it aggressively to capture market share in the segment.
Old 22nd February 2016, 17:12   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
Finally the name is here, although not fully satisfied with the name. Kite should have been a safer bet for Tata, not sure what stopped them with having that name. Next is the launch date & the price of the car...eagerly waiting for it. Looking at all the media attention , publicity hope they price it aggressively to capture market share in the segment.
You mean, name is finalised out of the 3 shortlisted? Could not find any news in this.
Old 22nd February 2016, 17:14   #114
BANNED

If not Tata RATNA, my selection will be Tata TIGRE (Tiger in French). Has a rhyme associated to it as well.
Old 22nd February 2016, 17:14   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
You mean, name is finalised out of the 3 shortlisted? Could not find any news in this.
Yes - it seems to be the Tiago. It was on ACI but that link has been removed for now.

EDIT: Link is live now HERE
Old 22nd February 2016, 17:32   #116
Senior - BHPian

It is TATA Tiago

and better name comparing to Civet and Adore
Attached Thumbnails
Tata wants your help in renaming the Zica! (Edit: Now renamed Tiago)-tiago.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 18:00   #117
BHPian

It's actually not bad - being a short form for Santiago. This is not the first car to be named after a place. Ferrari Maranello, Modena and Ford Gran Torino come to mind. So do Hyundai SAN-TROpez and KIA Rio. Chevrolet has too many models like that - Bel Air, Malibu, Aspen, Monte Carlo, 5th Ave.

Good or bad, people don't care so much as Laura, Duster, Creta showed us . Time now for Tata to push the car aggressively in all marketing channels and driving their dealers into action.
jetti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 18:04   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
It is TATA Tiago

and better name comparing to Civet and Adore
It's good! Tiago is a nice name:thumbup: People will get used to the name anyways! Not an issue. Now Tata, can you roll the car out quickly please?

I'm curious to see how it attacks the competition in this segment.
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 19:23   #119
BHPian

Tiago sounds indeed better among those three shortlisted names.
Although Kite would have been really nice.
Anyway, following description comes when googled for Tiago.
Quote:
Santiago, (also San Iago, San Tiago, Santyago, Sant-Yago, San Thiago) is a Spanish name that derives from the Hebrew name Jacob (Ya'akov) via "Sant Iago", "Sant Yago", "Santo Iago", or "Santo Yago", first used to denote Saint James the Great, the brother of John the Apostle.
Let the game begin now. Launch it ASAP Tata.

Last edited by carbhaari : 22nd February 2016 at 19:35. Reason: Typo correction
Old 22nd February 2016, 19:55   #120
BHPian

So Tiago it is!! Please not it has nothing to do with Messi! Or the fact that Tata is desperately going to aggressively market in Latin America.. 😂
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks