Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2016, 04:21   #196
BHPian

Re: The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sachin Saxena shares the following via email. Any further information on this?
I spoke with my dealer after reading this (Shreenath Hyundai, Mumbai) and was assured that Petrol Elantra are being allocated. Was told I was the first in the queue from their dealership (had pre-booked way before launch). The second guy in the queue got his chassis and engine numbers allotted and mine should follow soon in a day or two (delay due to my choice of black colour).

I highly suspect they would allot any vehicle out for delivery if they suddenly find an "issue" with any of their variants.

Will update when they confirm allocation. I'm going for Petrol SX(O) AT.
recalcitrant is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 11:15   #197
BHPian

Update - Petrol SX(O) AT has been allotted to me and will be dispatched very soon.

This should alleviate concerns about Petrol Elantra mentioned earlier in the thread.
recalcitrant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 17:29   #198
BHPian

My car has arrived at Vasai - 3 cars in this lot from Shreenath Hyundai - 2 black and 1 Silver. Going for a PDI tomorrow. Pics to follow.
recalcitrant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 22:27   #199
BHPian

Looks like no one else is interested in this car at all, but I'll go ahead and post the PDI pics anyway.

The car looks absolutely brilliant in black. The chrome accents stand out just the right amount without looking anywhere close to being gaudy. Maybe some would prefer other shades, but I really prefer Phantom Black over any other color offered. Just personal preference.

There were 4 cars in total at the dealer's yard - 3 black, 1 silver. All SX(O) Auto!!! 3 Petrol, 1 diesel. That speaks volumes about how Hyundai has gotten the strategy bang on - they were expecting the highest end variant to sell the most. But this might just be a small sample bias. The current waiting period has shot up to 2-3 months apparently, maybe Hyundai underestimated demand.

Anyway, PDI was perfect, with everything according to what I had expected. 18km on the odo. Looks like delivery might happen next weekend.

And as promised, here are the pics. Also starring the silver car in a guest role.

Sorry about the quality - I had to compress the images.
Attached Thumbnails
The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-20161004_145820.jpg  

The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-20161004_145102.jpg  

The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-20161004_145119.jpg  

The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-20161004_145234.jpg  

The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-20161004_145249.jpg  

The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-20161004_145042.jpg  

The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-20161004_145313.jpg  

The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-20161004_145504.jpg  

The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-20161004_145722.jpg  

The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-20161004_145731.jpg  

recalcitrant is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 01:03   #200
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recalcitrant View Post
The car looks absolutely brilliant in black.
The car looks wonderful in black.

Congratulations on your new drive. Wish you a million safe and absolutely joyful ownership.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 19:16   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

According to an official press release by Hyundai India, the all-new Elantra has registered over 1100 bookings and 18,000 enquiries since it's launch about 6 weeks back.

The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-untitled.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 21:20   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recalcitrant View Post
Looks like no one else is interested in this car at all, but I'll go ahead and post the PDI pics anyway.

Sorry about the quality - I had to compress the images.
Congrats on the car. It's a beauty. If it's ok can you tell us the OTR price you paid?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 22:17   #203
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Uncanny resemblance!

Pic source: Rahul Kakar

The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-ela4.jpg
PPS is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 22:23   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Elantra has registered over 1100 bookings and 18,000 enquiries since it's launch about 6 weeks back.
Wow. That's quite a start, specially given this segment. Bye bye exclusivity.

After Creta and now this, must be great being a Hyundai shareholder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
can you tell us the OTR price you paid?
I paid 22.03L OTR for SX(O) VTVT AT, including a zero-dep, bumper to bumper RTI insurance add-on. Without this add-on, it should be around 21.75L

ps: I negotiated a lot. For days. They wouldn't budge 1 rupee. Maybe due to the demand or because of my non-existent negotiating skills. Please let me know if you got a better quote. Not sure I'd like to know about a cheaper quote though!
recalcitrant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 00:09   #205
BHPian

Congratulations recalcitrant. Car looks amazing in black. Anyone else got delivery??

I went to Sanjay Hyundai at Pune and the waiting there is 12 weeks for Elantra, seems like good initial numbers compared to 5th gen. (Around 150 pm)

Last edited by ampere : 10th October 2016 at 09:41. Reason: Dotty Post. Typos Fixed
Old 7th October 2016, 07:14   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouravsinha View Post
Congratulations recalcitrant.....car looks amazing in black.
Anyone else got delivery??

I went to sanjay Hyundai at Pune and the waiting there is 12 weeks for Elantra, seems like good initial numbers compared to 5th gen..(Around 150 pm)

Early days to Judge the car sales. The 5th gen also started with around 450 dispatches a month and gradually came down. This is the 'D' segment ( almost non existent). Will have to wait and watch after the initial Euphoria.
Old 7th October 2016, 10:02   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouravsinha View Post
I went to sanjay Hyundai at Pune and the waiting there is 12 weeks for Elantra, seems like good initial numbers compared to 5th gen..(Around 150 pm)
What remains to be seen is how monthly sales numbers of Corolla, Jetta and Octavia are impacted in Sept, Oct and Nov. If they do, then we should expect some minor changes to interiors or even good discounts offered on the other three logos closer to the end of the year. Skoda seems to have blinked already - added Navigation to Octavia Style Plus.
Old 9th October 2016, 21:22   #208
BHPian

Waiting increased further..The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1476028317.649712.jpg
gouravsinha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 00:44   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Another favourite reviewer of mine : Steve Kerndt from Rosenthal Auto. He's reviewing the Elantra in this one.

Its sad how much of useful tech stuff they've cut out for the Indian variant, very sad. I'm no feature-crazy guy, I drive a car that's barebones but this is an Elantra.. the 2010 Elantra had automatic-park assist with voice assistance only in Korea (see video below) and they didn't incorporate it 6 years later in the all-new version? They could've cut out the DRLs, the touchscreen and other superfluous features for a better branded quality sound-system (Infinity), standard safety in all variants (6 SRS), multi-link suspension etc so that they could challenge the new Jetta/Civic even before release.

Last edited by dark.knight : 10th October 2016 at 00:51.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 01:33   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Its sad how much of useful tech stuff they've cut out for the Indian variant, very sad.

the 2010 Elantra had automatic-park assist with voice assistance only in Korea (see video below) and they didn't incorporate it 6 years later in the all-new version? They could've cut out the DRLs, the touchscreen and other superfluous features for a better branded quality sound-system (Infinity), standard safety in all variants (6 SRS), multi-link suspension etc so that they could challenge the new Jetta/Civic even before release.
I'm not so sure that choosing an automated park assist over a touchscreen would be a universally acceptable choice for all buyers. Same goes for DRLs etc. I agree with you 100% on standard safety across all variants (at least the middle variants if not the entry version), but other features like lane assist, pedestrian detection, adaptive cruise control (speed changes based on car in front) - all these features are not particularly suited for the Indian road condition IMO.

A pedestrian detection system in India will refuse to let the car move at all on our streets full of jaywalkers. Blind spot detection light would ALWAYS be lit with our edgy and adventurous auto drivers. Lane keep assist - what lanes? And what lane rules?

Multi-link suspension, yes - maybe. But the current version already offers an extremely comfortable ride. Noise levels are absolutely upmarket. Handling could be better, but we also need to identify who Hyundai is targeting with this car. Certainly not the enthusiast.

That ideology is reflected in the way the engines are tuned as well. By missing out on the features offered in other countries, they have kept it cheaper I guess. Infinity audio would have certainly been a welcome addition, but would it be a sticking point for a majority of the targeted customer base? I'm not so sure. Hyundai knows better I guess.

Not being biased just because I bought the car , but the car aims to do a few things, and in my opinion does them quite convincingly. Certain things could have been better. Absence of auto rain sensing wipers - can't understand the reason . Middle variants could've been more feature packed. But again, maybe Hyundai looked at its sales figures from other blockbuster vehicles like Creta etc and decided that most people would go for the top variant.
recalcitrant is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks