Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2016, 21:54   #166
BHPian

Having driven the brezza i can say with conviction that it is no match to ecosport in terms of overall build quality, and the feeling of sitting inside a tank well cocooned from outside world.
Only thing going for brezza is its dual tone colour scheme and that it's a maruti
nik hill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 22:10   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Doesn't the Ecosport miss on the cruise control as well, since Polo GT comes with one?
Right. missed to write that. Would have been nice to have. But in any case probably not of any use on the roads of Kerala, where this car is going to spend most of its time.

Quote:
I think it may be a good time for you to haggle for some accessories too. Tell them you have a Polo in transit and show them the booking too.
Attempted that today and was not very successful. In any case we are not a family good at bargaining. . Could only manage a further Rs 5000 discount

Things moved quickly today and they were able to take delivery earlier today evening. Insurance was done externally from a regular guy who has been doing all insurance stuff for the family. Saved ~10-15 K from the dealer quote.

Overall with the 5K discount and the external insurance, cost came out to ~10.85 L OTR.

First on agenda is a Bangalore trip in the next couple of days. The car should be here for a week and waiting to get my hands on it.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 14:48   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Happened to do a search for "Brezza Price" and see what comes up as the first sponsored link.

The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs-brezzaeco.jpg

Good to see that Ford is taking the Brezza very seriously.
Rajeevraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 15:37   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
Having driven the brezza i can say with conviction that it is no match to ecosport in terms of overall build quality, and the feeling of sitting inside a tank well cocooned from outside world.
Only thing going for brezza is its dual tone colour scheme and that it's a maruti
I agree. I haven't driven the Brezza yet but can vouch that it cannot beat ford in 3 departments - Build quality, safety and the Diesel. For some that may be enough. If you dwell deep, there are other good things as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Happened to do a search for "Brezza Price" and see what comes up as the first sponsored link.

Good to see that Ford is taking the Brezza very seriously.
They have to! Ford hasn't been so proactive with anything except for the Ecosport (because of the brezza) It is nice to see such quick measures from a brand which I consider sleepy.
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:43   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Although this thread is mostly related to the Brezza, the price cut yesterday claimed an unlikely victim- The Polo GT TSI.
Other than the direct competitor Brezza, Ecosport Price cuts are not only impacting unlikely victim as in the Polo GT TSI, they are also impacting potential S-Cross 1.3 buyers if space and car like driving is not a priority. Ecosport can easily seat 4 adults and a small child without any major fuss.
I'm saying this after Abhinav (Sr.Bhpian) and Myself did test drive of Ecosport 1.5 TDCI Titanium+ for more than an hour and boy it is such a value for money after the recent price cut.

Rajeevraj - Many thanks for your wonderful insights, you bring lot of value to the forum. "God Bless Competetion"
Keynote is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 16:48   #171
BANNED

Source: http://www.businessinsider.in/Ford-I...w/51525346.cms

For to stop exporting Ecosport from India to Europe, and Romania will start supplying to Europe.

This has something to do with the recent price cut and a possible reduced level quality of Ecosport, IMO.

To maintain the profit, Ford might be planning to cut the cost (of quality?), resulting in un-acceptance in Europe. Remember, Hyundai also stopped exporting Elite i20 to Europe, the reason for which may be the same.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 17:30   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
This has something to do with the recent price cut and a possible reduced level quality of Ecosport, IMO.
What kind of quality reduction has happened recently? The Ecosport from the beginning itself got a bit of flak in Europe for the fact that it was not upto the level of other Ford models on sale there. And it was not really cheap (IIRC the entry level Ecosport was costly than say the top end Duster 4×4 in the UK). Romania may work out as a cheaper option to manufacture and import when compared to India.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 22:56   #173
BHPian

Vitara Brezza starts on an impressive note - shipping 5563 units in the first month, but Ecosport was not left behind and it has sold 4456 units in Mar '16 (Source: Autopunditz).

Looks like Ecosport sales started increasing after the launch of Brezza , when it was earlier in the range of 2.5K - 3.5K for the past year and now suddenly increased to 4.5K range. But I wonder where were these buyers till now who bought the Brezza and Ecosport's increased volumes .
Old 28th June 2016, 19:25   #174
BHPian

Bumping up the thread again.
-----------------------------------

Folks,

At these prices, does it make more sense to pick the Ecosport over sedans like Honda city/Ciaz.

Seating for 5 is not a priority for me.

I'm driving a Figo currently and it is infinitely pleasurable to drive.
Drivability is high on priority (~ 70% city, 30% highway).
Old 28th June 2016, 21:02   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
Bumping up the thread again.
-----------------------------------

Folks,

At these prices, does it make more sense to pick the Ecosport over sedans like Honda city/Ciaz.

Seating for 5 is not a priority for me.

I'm driving a Figo currently and it is infinitely pleasurable to drive.
Drivability is high on priority (~ 70% city, 30% highway).
The advantages with Ecosport is the short length & high seating plus handling over the sedans mentioned. As I read, the Ecosport diesel has good driveability too. The additional GC should be a boon too.

Coming from a Figo, I believe you'll find the Ecosport more involving to drive than the City or Ciaz. Ciaz felt at home for me after Swift though. Never driven a City or Ecosport, but these are the feedback on the forum. You should definitely try all the cars & choose what you liked the most.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 28th June 2016 at 21:05.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 21:34   #176
Senior - BHPian

If you're looking at diesels, the EcoSport has terrific low end grunt, making it a great car to drive in the city. It's even better on the highway.

If you consider Petrols, the EcoBoost has turbo-lag. The petrol engines on the city drivability scale: Ciaz>City>Ecosport. But overall, the City's engine is the best, closely followed by the EcoBoost. The Ciaz isn't great on the highways.

Regarding ATs: I haven't driven the EcoSport or Ciaz AT. But I like the City CVT for the convenience it offers.

Additional points: The Ecosport has great build quality, great ride quality and the additional GC will be helpful in some situations.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 09:45   #177
BHPian

Quote:
The advantages with Ecosport is the short length & high seating plus handling over the sedans mentioned.
High Seating agreed. But how does an Suv with a 200 mm ground clearance handle better than a Sedan. A Sedan will beat an high GC vehicle hands down any day in the handling department. High GC vehicles will naturally roll more and not stick to road as well as a sedan does.
manishkapadia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 10:19   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
High Seating agreed. But how does an Suv with a 200 mm ground clearance handle better than a Sedan. A Sedan will beat an high GC vehicle hands down any day in the handling department. High GC vehicles will naturally roll more and not stick to road as well as a sedan does.
Well, not quite exactly in my opinion.

The way a car rides and handles depends much more on the way its suspension has been tuned and not completely on the GC. Ford Ecosport for one handles much better than the City or Ciaz. The steering feedback though on all three is a big letdown (The Linea wins hands down in this department). Vertical movements too are well controlled in the Ecosport. The Ecosport due to its stiffer suspension set up suffers from choppy ride quality and is no match to the plush ride in the Ciaz or even the City.To place things in right perspective the Duster with 205 mm GC rides like a Ciaz and handles like an Ecosport.
Handling: Ecosport > City > Ciaz
Ride quality: Ciaz > City > Ecosport

Last edited by King_pin09 : 29th June 2016 at 10:21.
King_pin09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 10:30   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Handling: Ecosport > City > Ciaz
Ride quality: Ciaz > City > Ecosport
I have no experience with Ciaz but have extensively driven Ecosport and City. I do not think Ecosport handles better than City at higher speeds. Changing lanes in City is a breeze while you have to think twice while driving Ecosport.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 13:40   #180
BHPian

Anybody who has test driven both cars will know Ecosport is much more solid, safer and well put together than the Brezza. Ecosport has a much more tractable and refined diesel motor as well. It is the ''Maruti'' tag which is making the biggest difference. Brezza is a very good product in its own right but Ecosport looks, drives and feels better not to forget is a lot more safer too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks