Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2016, 17:39   #16
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by M^3 View Post
It also means that Ford was fleecing customers all this while.
That's unfair buddy. What's their fault if they had an awesome product and market was paying for it? In fact it would be stupid if they didn't make hay while the sun shone. The good thing is they've reduced prices.

Fleecing people is bad for necessities, not for luxuries.

Anyway, game ON now!!!
avdhesh15 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 17:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

My friend was thinking of going for Brezza VDi+ variant which costs around 8.2 Lakhs ex-showroom (Bangalore). I just sent him a message about Ecosport price cut. Anyone have Ecosport revised price list for Bangalore? I think Diesel Trend+ variant is a better option comparing to Brezza VDi+.
Old 11th March 2016, 17:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

So, now, at least in Delhi, all Ecosport ex-showroom prices are below the 1-million rupee mark.
This way, if they hold onto their prices till June, they will be able to escape the "over-10-lakh-rupee" 1% additional cess also.

Foresee some significant discounting in the months to come, especially after Brezza gets some traction in the market and starts bringing in the numbers.

Always liked the 1.0L Ecoboost's punch. Coming months may be a good time for a long , hard look at the finances!
arjab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 18:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
My friend was thinking of going for Brezza VDi+ variant which costs around 8.2 Lakhs ex-showroom (Bangalore). I just sent him a message about Ecosport price cut. Anyone have Ecosport revised price list for Bangalore? I think Diesel Trend+ variant is a better option comparing to Brezza VDi+.
Well, the news source says that 1.5-litre TDCi diesel model is cheaper by a whopping Rs 1,12,300 (across the range)!
Suddenly, EcoSport is looking like a steal now. God bless Competetion!

Below were the old prices:

Ambient 8,34,822
Trend 9,08,204
Trend+ 9,57,057
Titanium 10,25,858

We can safely reduce the above prices by roughly 1lakh for bangalore ex-showroom in my opinion.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 18:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

re: The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs

God bless Maruti for launching so many products with overlapping price points. If Baleno and S-Cross were not there, Maruti would've probably priced Brezza within about 30K of the Ecosport, paving the way for both Maruti and Ford to charge high premiums for their cars.

I suspect Brezza and Ecosport prices will start moving north hand-in-hand from now on. I think those who want either car should go for them within the next 6 months or so.
StarrySky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 18:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

That is a bold move. Probably the first bold move from the Marketing team at Ford, which took a lot of criticism for the way they could not capitalize on the very competent Figo and Aspire.

This is surely a big move, something that will attract lot of Baleno, i20 customers too - apart from the Vitara Brezza. As for those who still want to buy the i20-Active, I am not sure of what to tell them

On another note, the new Maruti will anyway go past the EcoSport in numbers, as Ford never really planned for the numbers Maruti Suzuki have planned for their Urban SUV ( at least as far as India goes )
aravind.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 18:35   #22
BHPian

Ford can do this easily as they have overcome the production line costs already on Ecosport. IMO anytime Ford Ecosport is a better product than Maruti Brezza and now this price reduction makes Ecosport even more value for money, product in its category!

Last edited by bageherath : 11th March 2016 at 18:36.
bageherath is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 18:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Wow .. What a effect Maruti has on the market. Ford is running out of ideas to sell cars now. So they applied the simple trick of reducing the price. It just shows that they were looting people for last few years. Those who bought EcoSport recently are so unlucky people. I am sure this will have negative impact on Ford for sure.
Old 11th March 2016, 18:46   #24
BHPian

That is a great move by Ford . Till date, they were reaping the benefit of having a ground breaking model - superbly loaded sub 4m Crossover with a powerful engine and excellent build. It was a monopoly with not a single direct competition. And any day, the price was lesser compared to bigger crossovers like Duster, S-Cross and Creta.

With Maruti's Vitara Brezza, Ecosport is facing its first real competitor. With Maruti's aggressive pricing (compared to Ecosport) and positive media reviews, the heat was on Ford. They had to make a move and a quick one. However, no one expected such a reaction - quick and aggressive - from Ford. I feel, it is an even field now and is up to the individual customers to choose what is best suited for him / her.

All said, the market is very likely to favor Vitara Brezza more. Reasons:
  • It is a Maruti. A.S.S and resale is a huge factor for an average buyer
  • Unbeatable Mileage
  • Newer product
  • Fresh non-polarizing looks - unlike Ecosport
  • Based on reports, more spacious than Ecosport
  • Well specced and has option for full safety pack - unlike the yesteryear Marutis
The Ford also has a lot of benefits like build quality and unmatched safety features. However, we know how many in the market is actually having these high up in their preference list.

On the other hand, I do not think Hyundai is even going to be thinking about a price revision for Creta. If at all they think, it will be about a price hike I genuinely feel Creta is one segment above Ecosport and Brezza and with its direct competition - S-Cross and Duster doing not so great. With Creta doing exceedingly good numbers that they have to replan and increase their production each month and still have 4+ months of waiting - Hyundai knows the market has accepted the product with open arms in spite of it being over-priced. Any hopes on this regard will be quashed by Hyundai IMHO.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 18:53   #25
BHPian

Well, there goes my resale value. My car is nearing the 3 year mark, and I had targetted to sell it at 4 years. Guess I'd hold on for a year or two more.

It is a brave move, I think. Reducing by a lakh shows them in poor light, but they only stand to gain.

Last edited by civic-sense : 11th March 2016 at 18:57.
Old 11th March 2016, 18:55   #26
BHPian

Nice Move by Ford.

They should advertise this very hard to gather as much bookings as possible before Brezza deliveries later this month.

Customer Choice: Dual Tone Roof or Six Airbags?

Come on TATA, Bring the Nexon soon and undercut both slightly and then customer will have a field day choosing the car that he/she wants.
mrbaddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 19:11   #27
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 12th March 2016 at 19:43.
hondacity is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th March 2016, 19:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
As mentioned in the quoted post my friend is planning to book Brezza VDi+. But this price revision announcement made things interesting. So I decided to help him in the decision making process

Requirement
Compact SUV - Diesel
Must have - Dual airbags+ABS (He knows that I will not allow him to buy a vehicle without these - My current car do not have these though)

Ecosport variant that meets must have features are Trend+, and it may cost ~ 8.5 Lakhs after the price cut. Brezza VDi+ is ~ 8.2 Lakhs.

Here are the differences in features between the two (Ignored many silly features that does not add any value)

Ecosport is way superior comparing to Brezza - Or Can I say Brezza is overpriced before hitting the market?

Did I make any mistakes or miss anything?
Attached Thumbnails
The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs-comparison.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 11th March 2016 at 19:26. Reason: typo
Latheesh is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 19:25   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

A price cut is always welcome. But I feel Ford did not take full advantage of the first in segment benefit they had. A very good car and almost 3 full years with no Maruti or Hyundai to compete against. How rare is that. They should have flooded the market. Instead they rarely supplied more than 4000 units per month even even the Ecosport fever was at its peak. A big missed opportunity I would say.

Hope the price cut is not too little too late.

Edit: Wonder if this will impact the Aspire also. , Earlier there was a difference of ~2.6 lakhs between the 2 (For both Titanium and Titanium +), that will come down to ~1.4 lakhs. For a more solid, better looking car with some additional features, am sure people will be tempted.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 11th March 2016 at 19:35.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 19:25   #30
AYP
Senior - BHPian

With the price cut, the Ecosport looks like the better choice here, if only they could offer airbags in atleast the Trend variant.
As the Brezza does its duty without a petrol engine, they have not reduced the price of the petrol Ecosport as much as the diesel, they are still going to milk the petrol buyers. (Still)Greedy Ford

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks