Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2016, 14:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs

I say this knowing that Indian mentality would value price cuts more than anything else, (somehow I've personally never been a big fan of price wars), to me it shows the incompetence of the company to offer better commitment towards the product.

IMHO Apart from sharp price cuts, most mature owners would hope the industry adopted a longer warranty commitment & possibly AMC options too.

Value added services say like for example :
A 5 year 2Lakh km warranty period and a 5 yr Gold AMC package would cover a MASSIVE portion of the post purchase cost. The car, having thus being maintained well, would even command a better resale value.

Anyway, I'd consider Ecosport as a tried & tested international product that's known to be well put together. Despite being a first mover, it still trumps the Brezza with features.

The only holding factor I'd consider is if someone likes the design of Brezza better (subjective), and extreme scenarios where Ford doesn't provide good service yet.

Let's see, there's even the Tata Nexon coming this Diwali. Ford better not plan to revoke this offer anytime soon!
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 15:37   #77
Senior - BHPian

Updated price list of Ecosport in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs-img_20160312_115749.jpg  

tharian is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 16:07   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

From the 5L Figo to the 25L Endeavour, Ford's entire line up carries the VFM tag now. And these aren't old platforms selling at low price.

Including the Ecosport facelift the entire product range is less than a year old.

The drivetrain options are good too, including the option of automatic transmission across the model range.

Safety and other options are also well covered.

Now if this isn't enough to sell, I don't know what will.
kiku007 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 16:21   #79
BHPian

How do the diesel variants of Ecosport and Brezza compare in terms of space, performance and fuel efficiency?

Last edited by GTO : 12th March 2016 at 19:59. Reason: Typo
Old 12th March 2016, 17:04   #80
BHPian

Ford seems to be doing almost all it can to enhance its footprint in the Indian automarket (with the launch of highly VFM Figo & Aspire, the pricing-wise excellently placed Endeavour & prices-slashing of its current best seller Ecosport). But I think Ford's efforts are falling short in two key areas -1. Marketing/sales and 2. After sales service. These shortcomings, if not overcome, are going to hurt Ford big time, especially because these are the areas where the competition (esp MSIL & Hyundai) excels!!
espraveen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 17:31   #81
BHPian

The aggression with which Ford is acting in the Indian market is nothing short of impressive. First the Figo Twins, which were excellent products at excellent prices. Then, the Endeavour which was fabulously priced and blew the grossly overpriced Fortuner out of the water (unfortunately, not in terms of sale). And now this drastic price cut.

Ford I believe is really under appreciated in the Indian market. It is in the few manufacturers that have displayed their competence in terms of safety in India. Its ASS has improved drastically. And well, the overall attitude change has been really welcoming.

I really hope Ford gets the benefits in terms of volumes for its change in attitude, or it'll just go to show that the Indian market still hasn't matured (Fuel economy over safety etc).

Way to go Ford. Now Toyota needs to come in line for these price cuts!
prakhar1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 17:37   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
2. After sales service. These shortcomings, if not overcome, are going to hurt Ford big time, especially because these are the areas where the competition (esp MSIL & Hyundai) excels!!
I had owned a Ecosport for more than 16 months and had covered 14000km before I sold it. My cousin had an older gen Figo for roughly 2 years and had done 40000km during that period. We both never faced an issue in after sales and each time the service experience was a pleasant one. There were regular follow up calls from the dealer as well as Ford india regarding the service experience. Also the dealership did a good job in some minor accident repairs too.

Did you any experiences to the contrary?

Last edited by damodar : 12th March 2016 at 17:41.
Old 12th March 2016, 17:54   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Wow .. What a effect Maruti has on the market. Ford is running out of ideas to sell cars now. So they applied the simple trick of reducing the price. It just shows that they were looting people for last few years. Those who bought EcoSport recently are so unlucky people. I am sure this will have negative impact on Ford for sure.
Its a good move considering that Brezza can really storm this segment. About those unlucky customers - that's inevitable, similar to what happened with those early customers of S-Cross 1.6.
Old 12th March 2016, 17:58   #84
Senior - BHPian

Latest Price List for Mangaluru- Karnataka
The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs-ecosport-price-list.jpg
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 18:44   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
... We both never faced an issue in after sales and each time the service experience was a pleasant one. There were regular follow up calls from the dealer as well as Ford india regarding the service experience. Also the dealership did a good job in some minor accident repairs too. Did you any experiences to the contrary?
I've interacted with two dealers as part of my Ford experience. The first dealer made the whole experience not worth mentioning. I've switched to Lakshmi Ford, Vijayawada and they are certainly better. My family has been with Maruti Suzuki for a few years now and I've formed my dealership /after sales views based on a comparative analysis. Ford has certainly made improvements of late but there is room for further improvement in the way its dealers work.
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 00:09   #86
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs

Superb move by ford.

One has to react to competition or business dries up.

Every company tries to sell for as high as possible. Does the Creta cost 5+L more than the EcoSport to make.

Maruti did this with the scross hope Hyundai too is forced by cancellations for me it is not a 17L vehicle

Hope these efforts by ford force Toyota as well with the Innova and Fortuner pricing. They too have been taking things for granted. Maruti leant with the scross others too need to.

Ford has done the best it can for all its vehicles now upto the audience

Last edited by ACM : 13th March 2016 at 00:13.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 08:43   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Did you any experiences to the contrary?
Sir having both Ford (Figo) and Maruti (Swift), any day I will give Maruti a thumps up for their Service Quality and Experience. Ford a long way to go to reach that stage. Having said that they have improved a bit in 2015 compared 2010 may be due to these negative feedback reaching their management.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 09:33   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Sir having both Ford (Figo) and Maruti (Swift), any day I will give Maruti a thumps up for their Service Quality and Experience. Ford a long way to go to reach that stage. Having said that they have improved a bit in 2015 compared 2010 may be due to these negative feedback reaching their management.
I think that this ASS thing is very subjective, for instance I rarely had a good experience with my wagonR despite changing a few dealers whereas Ford is doing pretty good until now. And it's not just me, I know few more people who aren't satisfied one bit with the service of Maruti or Hyundai.
Old 13th March 2016, 10:55   #89
Senior - BHPian

I had an hour long interaction with a Ford dealership yesterday. The price cut seems to ignite sales of the ecosport all over again !

Ford will apparently reimburse the dealer for the "loss" on existing stock. Though the dealership does not yet have a communication from Ford - should come in by Monday - Tuesday !
Old 13th March 2016, 11:31   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
From the 5L Figo to the 25L Endeavour, Ford's entire line up carries the VFM tag now. And these aren't old platforms selling at low price.

Including the Ecosport facelift the entire product range is less than a year old.

The drivetrain options are good too, including the option of automatic transmission across the model range.

Safety and other options are also well covered.

Now if this isn't enough to sell, I don't know what will.
Very well said. Apart from good, fresh, updated products there has to be a message across the masses about the after sales experience with the product and the company (service center).

While there isn't much negative about it, but Ford should communicate massively through different media that their after sales experience is much better than others in the market.

Once people have that confidence in their after sales like they have for toyota, maruti, hyundai, may be people would be willing to try them out.

Buyers get a feeling that the products are good, however, the service experience is unknown. Toyota on the other hand has made advertisements of toyota service and the quality. Maruti is known for the service quality.

Now that products are good and people know about it, let the people know about the good service experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks