Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2018, 18:10   #586
BHPian

Re: The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs

It's terrible, only 227 in Dec (sales fig, team bhp).

In fact Nov no of 1119 was also discouraging for a newly launched vehicle in a very hot SUVish segment. By that comparison, at least Ecosport had good number after its launch (though Dec was pathetic for it also!!)

It appears, few people who went to see Captur, came back with Duster, and the mandate is clear. Can you read the writing on the wall?
Old 9th January 2018, 18:48   #587
BHPian

There are good discounts on Duster too on top of the lower sticker price for 2017 models now.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 9th January 2018 at 19:04.
Old 9th January 2018, 20:53   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
There are good discounts on Duster too on top of the lower sticker price for 2017 models now.
Renault sales strategy looks similar to 95% discount Crackers sales in Hosur, feel sorry for the efforts of Engineers behind the product.
Old 12th January 2018, 00:20   #589
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-com...parison-406970

Captur Vs Creta Vs Duster comparison by autocar. It aligns with my assessment of the cars.
Old 14th January 2018, 22:42   #590
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Took the Captur out to play today. Super empty roads, so was a fun drive to Lonavla & back:
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-20180114-12.46.41.jpg

An improved Duster, retaining many of its strengths. Mid to high speed ride quality is great, and the 6-speed diesel has long legs. It's been a while since launch, yet the Captur was turning heads wherever I took it. Interiors are nothing special. Product has many flaws that should have been addressed before launch. Steering is the worst I've experienced (kickback so severe that I couldn't hold my line in fast cornering). The Captur won't find many takers. If I was in the market for a monocoque SUV, I'd anyday buy the Creta over it, or spend some more $$$ & get the XUV500.

It's very hard for the Captur to make a case for itself today. When the Duster arrived, it had the first-mover advantage for a Carlike-SUV at that price. But the Captur doesn't; and when you drive it, it does feel old.

Last edited by GTO : 14th January 2018 at 22:50.
GTO is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 10:32   #591
Team-BHP Support

The Duster is a genuine utilitarian, rugged vehicle which has a great brand image. It is classless, I know some pretty discrete wealthy people with Mercs and other brands who use the Duster for day to day work.

The biggest danger for the Captur is the forthcoming new Duster. The brand placement of the Captur is suspect. The Duster is a brutally handsome beast, no need for a pretty boy. Since it has visual appeal, Renault failed to give it an automatic variant. This would have attracted a lot of the "city poseurs".
ajmat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 10:47   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Looks like Renault may just decide to pull the plug on Captur. This is just one horribly managed launch. The initial marketing was just dumb. The CEO was just going on and on how this is the longest ,widest car in class without letting the car do the talking.

Just pinged GTO the other day and came to know that Captur is going to reach teambhp only later in January for review.

For a car which was launched in October this is ridiculous delay.
It is not ridiculous, they know it very well. That when they send the car to this community, our test drivers will be asking questions they don't want to answer. That our team will talk to the car first and the marketing guys later. That members in TBHP can not only understand "carSpeak" but can also converse in it fluently.

There's nothing to ridicule till the test car, the test drivers, the cameras, the laptops and we the community are ready. Then only it starts....
sandeepmdas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 11:43   #593
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
It is not ridiculous, they know it very well.
Frankly, I don't think it was anything on those lines. Renault appears to have had a genuine logistical issue. It wasn't just Team-BHP - no one else got the car either till very recently.

And when we got it, it was for exactly the (long) time period we wanted it for.

Still, whatever the reason for the delay, it should definitely have come in sooner.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 16:24   #594
BHPian

I am eagerly waiting for the review, really liked the looks but the impressions in tbhp so far is that its not worth the hype. I am looking for a comfortable 5 seater and/or a cramped 7 seater (occasional requirement) in sub 13 lakh.
Old 22nd January 2018, 18:10   #595
BHPian

It's exactly a month since I put down the booking amount for RXE Petrol at Renault Kilpauk. I just came back after inspecting the car allotted to me at their service centre in Ambattur. I had not seen the RXE just booked it after seeing the TD car which was a Platine.

I am happy with what I saw. Attaching few pictures of the RXE Petrol.

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1516623645.788052.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1516623685.420053.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1516623712.206099.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1516623740.726180.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1516623767.673111.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1516623802.422824.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1516623827.144215.jpg

The ICE is not touch screen but it's very good with USB and Aux inputs Bluetooth connectivity with control stalk next to the steering.

The finishes on the dash are really well done. Dual tone with appliqué black and body color tones added around the ICE and A/c vents. There is chrome ring around the push button start/stop button and at the bottom of the steering wheel.

The seat fabric actually looks much better than the 2 color one used in the higher variants.

Coming to the exterior there are DRL's and body colored OVRM's with turn indicators even in the base RXE.

The dealer is awaiting RTO approval for this version as upto now only diesels have been registered in Chennai.

At this price point I feel the Captur especially the base version is bang for the buck. The Captur seats 5 comfortably and comes with a large boot.

If any prospective buyer compares the Captur with similar priced Sedan's or premium hatchbacks like Baleno/i20 he would find the Captur VFM instead of comparing it with Creta!
sameer sultan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 20:20   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
It's exactly a month since I put down the booking amount for RXE Petrol at Renault Kilpauk.

If any prospective buyer compares the Captur with similar priced Sedan's or premium hatchbacks like Baleno/i20 he would find the Captur VFM instead of comparing it with Creta!
For a moment I thought You mentioned Captur as Kilpauk.
Congratulations for the new ride. And the pricing I feel is perfect keeping in mind how loaded the variants are from base model itself. Would love to hear more from you on the car once you got the delivery.

Just one question, there are no wheel caps on the car. Do the companies used to remove wheel caps when the cars are in transit ?

Last edited by Highh5 : 22nd January 2018 at 20:22.
Old 22nd January 2018, 22:49   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
For a moment I thought You mentioned Captur as Kilpauk.
Congratulations for the new ride. And the pricing I feel is perfect keeping in mind how loaded the variants are from base model itself. Would love to hear more from you on the car once you got the delivery.

Just one question, there are no wheel caps on the car. Do the companies used to remove wheel caps when the cars are in transit ?

Thank you!

I think it's going to be an anxious wait for the delivery as the SA has not given a firm date when the approval will come through.

Yes you are right the wheel covers had been removed for transit from Factory to the dealer yard. They were kept in the boot along with the antenna.
sameer sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 12:30   #598
BHPian

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1516863273.080064.jpg

The above article was published in the Hindu Metro Plus Chennai Edition on 24/01/18. It is good to read that Hormazd Sorabjee who answered the question suggests the Captur over the Creta.

The reviews have been positive all around but I am afraid the dealers are not able to deliver the cars on time which will make the potential buyers to lose trust in the new product.
sameer sultan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 13:23   #599
BANNED

Quote:
Attachment 1720656
It is good to read that Hormazd Sorabjee who answered the question suggests the Captur over the Creta.
Hormazd has vested interests, his magazine had favored Captur over the Creta! It won't require much effort to guess why Creta outsells a cheaper Captur 40: 1! Hormazd can try to please Renault for all the money he was offered for that paid review, but the people won't take that bait.
The Rationalist is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 14:12   #600
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The reviews have been positive all around but I am afraid the dealers are not able to deliver the cars on time which will make the potential buyers to lose trust in the new product.
I simply cannot understand how the EcoSport did not even make the discussion! At 12 lakhs, it is possibly the best put-together compact SUV. Or even Nexon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Hormazd has vested interests, his magazine had favored Captur over the Creta! It won't require much effort to guess why Creta outsells a cheaper Captur 40: 1! Hormazd can try to please Renault for all the money he was offered for that paid review, but the people won't take that bait.
And then this!
libranof1987 is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks