Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2017, 09:45   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
I believe they transferred what was done for AWD to later versions of 2WD Duster's too. So you don't feel the lag.
I too share this view. Mine's an AMT, but the gearbox is the same 6-speed one of that does duty in the manual 110.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 11:24   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Snapped at a Renault dealership in Delhi by Hemant Naagar.

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-1.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-2.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-7.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-8.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-3.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-4.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-5.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-6.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 11:37   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
How you felt between swift diesel and k9k engine?
Since i have driven the Duster AWD mostly, the major difference i feel is no turbo lag as compared to Swift. Plus the 6 gears in Duster make it a mile cruncher on Highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
The Duster and Swift are peak torque diesels and that essentially means you'll feel a turbo shove every time you're near the peak torque figure which is what you mean by 'punchy'; but did you factor in the turbo lag that preceeds this punch? Engines with a flat torque like the Verna or Creta never give that turbo shove; the power delivery is linear which to some (who are used to turbo shove) is less punchy. Here's the compromise though: an engine with a lot of turbo shove will also suffer heavy turbo lag. Engines with a flat torque will have close to nil turbo lag and linear power delivery. Result? Very driveable at all RPMs without contending with turbo lag.
Agreed and i should have clarified earlier that my comments for Duster were limited to AWD. I have very less experience in driving a 2wd duster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
The 110 PS K9K diesel engine has BIG turbo lag in every car it's used except the Duster AWD because Renault changed gearing on the AWD (for better low-end). That makes all the difference. In fact, you can take off from second gear on the Duster AWD.

Cheers,

Jay
Correct, in AWD, virtually no turbo lag and also no turbo kick.

Quote:
I believe they transferred what was done for AWD to later versions of 2WD Duster's too. So you don't feel the lag.
No, the only change which got to 2wd was the lighter clutch. I believe it still suffers from the turbo lag.
revved_up is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 15:28   #469
BHPian

Now with Ecosport pricing the diesel Titanium+ model at 10.60, Captur RXE at 11.39 surely looks a lot expensive, contrary to what people saying as a sensible pricing.

Yes captur is over 4 meter, but that still does not justify the difference of 80K with lot less features.

I am not even thinking about comparing Titanium + with Platine version
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 15:47   #470
BHPian

@ Shashant - So What are your thoughts about Creta and even the Jeep compass pricing.?
Old 9th November 2017, 15:57   #471
Senior - BHPian

Is it only me or anybody else feels that the interiors seem to be a replica of the duster? Layout seems to be more or less very similar to the Duster with some odd changes in the color.
They could have done much better than just this.
Old 9th November 2017, 17:38   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Is it only me or anybody else feels that the interiors seem to be a replica of the duster? Layout seems to be more or less very similar to the Duster with some odd changes in the color.
They could have done much better than just this.
Most of the interior components are copy past from Duster. Its a Duster in new clothing
They have saved the product with decent pricing IMO. Looks stylish from outside and the base version offers good value.
Old 9th November 2017, 18:11   #473
BHPian

On the eve of 7th (Tuesday), I visited a Domino's outlet for a takeaway which is right next to Renault Karnavati, SG Highway, Ahmedabad. There were approx 20-30 persons to check out the car & the dealer had arranged a small buffet as well.

As I was in hurry & my order was ready to be picked up, I didn't get a chance to check out the car in person however I was glad to see dynamic turn signals on it (Personally, I drool over them). From distance, they looked very similar to the Audi ones shown in the following video
Old 10th November 2017, 08:09   #474
BHPian

Quote:
@ Shashant - So What are your thoughts about Creta and even the Jeep compass pricing.?
Creta everybody agree is an overpriced car. For Jeep I test drove the sports model and frankly I would not pay 18 lakh for those interiors (sports) and steel wheels. Engine was superb though.

I am in market for a high ground clearance vehicle ( monocoque) with budget of around 12 lakh.. I just love the way captur looks but I am not convinced to pay extra money and lose out on so many features which are there in Ecosport.
shashant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 16:28   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
I am in market for a high ground clearance vehicle ( monocoque) with budget of around 12 lakh.. I just love the way captur looks but I am not convinced to pay extra money and lose out on so many features which are there in Ecosport.
Post no 12 from TBHP Ecosport review has a good comparison with Duster. Kaptur comparison will be similar.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html

For me the highway performance, wider back bench and the ride quality stands out in favor of Duster/Kaptur.
Better to take a long back to back TD.
Old 10th November 2017, 17:33   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Post no 12 from TBHP Ecosport review has a good comparison with Duster. Kaptur comparison will be similar.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html

For me the highway performance, wider back bench and the ride quality stands out in favor of Duster/Kaptur.
Better to take a long back to back TD.
Thanks for the link.

Again it comes to head vs heart. Heart is set on Catpur (wifey also likes it) and head says better to be safe (with six airbags, TCS etc @ less money).

Point I raised was Ecosport is giving you so much with similar engine performance, where as Renault is over charging us and forum consensus is that it is sensibly priced
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 07:11   #477
BHPian

Just checked out the Captur at the showroom yesterday. Did anyone notice the lack of space to rest or to take your foot off the clutch pedal? Everytime i try to keep my left foot on the clutch and take out it was hitting the platic cladding in the middle. This should be very difficult in highway drives. When cars which are priced lower than this have a dead pedal (atleast more room for your left foot to rest) i found this one odd.
Old 11th November 2017, 12:47   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Again it comes to head vs heart. Heart is set on Catpur (wifey also likes it) and head says better to be safe (with six airbags, TCS etc @ less money).:
I think this is very, very important. When I was in a similar dilemma, the Duster had similar safety features against the car I was considering. But somewhere I realized Renault parts are so shoddy, the features advertised might not even work when required. My doubts were validated few months later when it was revealed that Duster's airbags are not even appropriately sized. And Renault skipping these questions for Captur doesn't inspire an ioata of confidence.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 13:01   #479
Senior - BHPian

The airbags in the Captur are branded as SRP, same as the Duster, so I'm guessing they are the same controversial smaller airbags. I do not know why Renault is opting for such a cost saving measure in a 12-17 lakh car! Although not acceptable in any car, I would have sort of come to terms with such a measure in a low cost car like the Kwid or Alto or the RediGo etc.

Has NCAP tested the Indian made Duster with these smaller airbags and called out it is a safety hazard?

Last edited by ampere : 11th November 2017 at 13:10. Reason: formatting error fixed
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 15:45   #480
BHPian

The Test Drive

Okay, the brother is looking for a new car and we went for a test drive on this one. Read on.

He has liked the Ecosport for as long as I can remember, and he was set on buying it the second the facelift launched. So we went in for a test drive a couple of days ago. The Ecosport looked great in blue, the interiors are pleasing, it has all creature features that we could think of and even though small, the Ecosport certainly has decent presence on road. But the drive, oh the drive. It felt numb, inert, and the manual gearbox certainly didn't help. I could hear it in his voice, of all the expectations that were being shot. Like a highly anticipated date with a very attractive person gone bust. Boring! Oh, btw, this was the petrol.

The Renault showroom is right next door, and while I'd seen the bigger Captur (Kaptur?) abroad and really liked how it looked, the bro wasn’t keen on it as he thought it looked van like in pictures. I actually really like Renault’s current design language, but that’s another post.

So, as we walked out of the Ford showroom, the Captur was being parked and at twilight with its dual tone colour and its LED lights, it looked smashing. And the bro was like, “bro, that looks..”, yeah, he couldn’t finish :P

We went in, asked for a test drive and were promptly on our way. We did not expect what was to follow. The drive is excellent. It feels so, so planted. It masks speed better than the Tucson, the steering has much better feedback, and even though the GC is 210mm, it changes direction better than Tucson too. The body roll is very well controlled. It felt nimble-r, and the only thing I could ask for more was power. It just didn’t pick up fast enough. If the Captur came with an automatic transmission, it would’ve moved to the top of our list. But it doesn’t, and since it doesn’t, other things which aren’t good enough start to make noise: the interiors are shoddy, like properly shoddy, there’s no storage spaces, no bottle holders in the entire front cabin (!), the glove box is pedestrian, and the footwell feels like it was created for sparrow legs. I just couldn’t find space for my human sized feet. I couldn’t not keep my foot on the clutch. The rear legroom is tight, the boot isn’t exceptionally big, and the headlights at regular position, even though LEDs, are disappointing.

There’s no way I see the Captur, as good looking as it is, and as good a drive it offers, to be any competition to Creta, which by this time is more than 2 years old and should be getting a facelift soon. Without an auto box, and with a Renault badge, I don’t see any reason why anyone would want to consider this car in India in its current offering. It’s like Renault management don’t want to see success here. Every single complaint with the Duster carries forward (it's the same goddamn cabin with some lipstick).

What a colossal waste of an opportunity.
ach1lles is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks