Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2017, 13:46   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I agree with some of the earlier posts. They should have improved the dashboard and called it the Next Gen Duster.
Isn't this one of the reasons why people are shouting at Renault for it's Kaptur-vs-Captur trick ?

Last edited by condor : 6th November 2017 at 13:55.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 14:39   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Re-read my post . I know this point
Even a European version of Renault Captur would have got the same feedback as the dashboards are identical.

Last edited by deehunk : 6th November 2017 at 14:48.
Old 6th November 2017, 14:51   #423
BHPian

Captur using the Duster platform is not too bad.

After all even the all new Duster which is recently unveiled retains the current platform. IMHO the duster/Captur platform is much more capable than Creta's in terms of ride, handling and overall ability to take abuse.

The pricing was important and I daresay that Renault has got it right on this one. The days of Koreans milking the indian market with Creta seems to be on it's way out.
vishnurp99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 15:47   #424
BHPian

RXE seems fully loaded except Alloy wheels. However it does look very pricey in comparison with Scross zeta variant.

However Captur +ves over scross are
1> Better looking
2> Better ground clearance
3> Better engine
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 16:06   #425
Team-BHP Support

Only point working for Captur against the S-Cross is the 1.5L 110 Diesel. Else, every thing else looks to me going the S-Cross way. But yes price is just about right for Platine version. (May be a tad lower would have helped).

But having said all that, the driver seating ergonomics as per what I hear leaves a lot to be desired. I have driven a Duster close to a lakh. I can confirm for sure that finding that right seating position is like searching for needle in a haystack. (Well you can assume that needle tad larger but thats it!)

Every time I have given the car for service and after that I need to tune it for my position again. It is a nightmare. Every time I hand over the car to the valet I have to scream on to his ears multiple times to leave the seating position as is. Because the moment it gets changed, I can easily sense it (even if its minuscule a change) and I land up in back pain till I fix it by hit and trial (like tuning to an AM station in the old radio!)

I hear based on what folks have been writing that, its not much different in the Captur. Plus add to it the default high position to begin with. I just hope they work on it and fix it.

Also the second sore point of the Duster being bad AC. I had pointed it out earlier. And I got responses from members that its been improved over the time in the subsequent versions of the Duster. I hope thats something which we dont have to debate over again.

Last edited by ampere : 6th November 2017 at 19:45. Reason: Fixed Typos
ampere is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 16:17   #426
BHPian

Comparing the Renault Captur pricing with its rivals:

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-capture.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-capture1.jpg

Source

Last edited by amrutmhatre90 : 6th November 2017 at 16:23.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 18:37   #427
Senior - BHPian

At this price Captur is a good alternative to the aging Duster and also to the Creta and 90HP SCross. The best part to me about Captur is even the base variant is quite loaded:

"Features like projector headlights with LED DRLs are standard across all variants. Automatic climate control with rear vents, integrated audio system with USB, Aux-in and Bluetooth, multi-functional steering wheel, remote central locking with engine start/stop button, dual airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist as well as rear wiper and defogger are also part of standard equipment".

In comparison the SCross/Creta base versions are bare bones with just dual airbags and ABS.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 18:45   #428
BHPian

Variant information -

The base variant offers power windows with illuminated switches, driver’s side auto up/down, push button start, boot lamp, steering mounted audio controls, driver seat height adjust and 2 DIN audio system with USB, Aux-in and Bluetooth connectivity, and front and rear speakers. The RXE variant also features a roof spoiler, fabric seat upholstery, cup holders and 12V power socket in the front. The base variant gets 16-inch steel wheels with full wheel cap. As for safety, the Captur gets standard eqipments like impact-sensing door unlock, speed-sensitive door auto lock, ABS with EBD and brake assist, rear defogger, dual front airbags, height adjustable seat belts and Isofix child seat mounts at the rear.

The Captur RXL in addition to all the features from the RXE offers cruise control with speed limiter, Eco driving mode (only in diesel), 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with USB, Aux-in, Bluetooth, smartphone voice recognition (iOS only) and front and rear speakers with two tweeters. The RXL variant also features a gear shift indicator, 16-inch alloy wheels, rear parcel shelf and rear parking sensors.

In addition to all the features from the lower variants, the RXT additionally offers electric adjustable and power folding ORVMs, front seat back pockets, 12V power socket in front and back, cooled and illuminated glove box, follow-me-home headlamps and 17-inch alloy wheels. This particular variant also features leather wrapped steering wheels, LED front fog lamps, keyless entry, reversing camera, automatic wipers and automatic headlamps.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 6th November 2017 at 18:55.
vishnurp99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 20:05   #429

Saw one on the road today in Bangalore. IMHO, it lacks the road presence that Creta or Duster has. From behind, looks slightly bigger than i20. I'm comparing it to i20 because it looks more like a big hatch than an SUV. Side profile is long enough and handsome. Overall appearance is not bad, but unlikely to draw SUV-lovers. The car looks smaller than its Duster-like dimensions would have one believe. But I just had one long look and appearance is not everything in Indian market. Besides, the car has been priced quite competitively and that could be an advantage.
Old 6th November 2017, 21:44   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Only point working for Captur against the S-Cross is the 1.5L 110 Diesel. Else, every thing else looks to me going the S-Cross way. But yes price is just about right for Platine version. (May be a tad lower would have helped).
Some other advantages over the scross are -

1. 6 gears.
2. Rear AC vents.
3. Side Airbags in the top variants.
4. Better GC.

I am concerned about the ergonomics though. I drive a terrano/figo 1st gen currently. The Terrano is an ergonomics disaster compared to the Figo. You will get used to it but It will be disappointing if Captur is more of the same.
vishnurp99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 21:52   #431
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
I am concerned about the ergonomics though. I drive a terrano/figo 1st gen currently. The Terrano is an ergonomics disaster compared to the Figo. You will get used to it but It will be disappointing if Captur is more of the same.
We also have a Figo at home! (The newer DCT one though). And the findings are same. No issues on Figo but its horrible with the Duster in terms of ergonomics.
Old 6th November 2017, 21:56   #432
BHPian

The prices of Captur and Duster are overlapping. From an EMI point of view, the difference is negligible. Apart from the AWD on the offer (for only the top variant), I don't know what is going to sell the Duster (variants except AWD).

Last edited by knightrider_7 : 6th November 2017 at 21:58.
Old 6th November 2017, 22:05   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
The prices of Captur and Duster are overlapping. From an EMI point of view, the difference is negligible. Apart from the AWD on the offer (for only the top variant), I don't know what is going to sell the Duster (variants except AWD).
I think Renault has smartly set the stage for all new Duster. I am assuming the new duster will be strategically placed way above Captur in the future, maybe somewhere in the territory of Jeep Compass.
ralto is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 22:16   #434
Senior - BHPian

The UAE spec Captur looks great, even the interior is stunning. Plan to get a closer look.
Attached Thumbnails
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-cimg_6093.jpg  

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-cimg_6095.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 23:20   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
.. like impact-sensing door unlock, speed-sensitive door auto lock..
Not a Renault fan but the Company should seriously look into its central locking mechanism. While these features are good to have, opening any door unlocks all 4 doors, atleast in Duster. This is disastrous in India, especially where con-artists are aplenty.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks