Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2016, 12:23   #436
BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Patron,

I am also considering the Isuzu Dmax and am not too happy with the D-Box option. I am looking for the something like the Carryboy Series 7 canopy. Have you explored this option and do you have any idea of the India price for this accessory. I checked with Azad4x4 in Delhi but they have still not launched it yet and could not give an idea of the price. They are planning to import Carryboy products for the Isuzu Dmax Vcross soon.
There are many options coming up for the DMax but not available yet. If you plonk in 1L for the Dbox, you are stuck with it for sometime. Hence the suggestion.

What you are looking for is available in ARB presently for around 2L.

http://www.arb.com.au/products/canop...lassic-canopy/
patron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 18:16   #437
BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

I also got to know that at present the D Max V Cross is been only assembled at the Isuzu Sricity plant in A.P.. Most of the spares are been imported. So in case of any replacements the lead time for spares might be an issue.
Old 15th September 2016, 15:53   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi everyone,

I got these details and prices from the local Isuzu dealer in Gurgaon for the accessories available for the DMax Vcross.
This is the full range which they are offering, though some parts are only against order and take upto 4 weeks-6 weeks to arrive after the order. The prices for the roller lid options are also given in the attachment.
(I am considering the Canopy instead of the Dbox) and may also go in for the Blaupunkt system.

Accessories V-Cross Dealer.pdf

20160719_Accessories FAB - D-Max V-Cross.pdf

Accessories V-Cross Dealer-smallacc.pdf

Right now we are drifting between the Isuzu Vcross and the new Innova (it is a classical Heart vs head situation where the Head says Innova while the heart wants the Isuzu). The Isuzu with Canopy and other small accessories will come to around 18.5 in Gurgaon while the Innova VX variant in MT will come to around 20.5..

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 15th September 2016 at 15:54.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 16:40   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi everyone,

I got these details and prices from the local Isuzu dealer in Gurgaon for the accessories available for the DMax Vcross.
This is the full range which they are offering, though some parts are only against order and take upto 4 weeks-6 weeks to arrive after the order. The prices for the roller lid options are also given in the attachment.
(I am considering the Canopy instead of the Dbox) and may also go in for the Blaupunkt system.

Right now we are drifting between the Isuzu Vcross and the new Innova (it is a classical Heart vs head situation where the Head says Innova while the heart wants the Isuzu). The Isuzu with Canopy and other small accessories will come to around 18.5 in Gurgaon while the Innova VX variant in MT will come to around 20.5..

Regards,
Behemoth
I am also drifting between Storme and V Cross (though I have already booked the Storme). V Cross definitely has a better snob value but its length is huge negative for me, more so when I have to use it as daily drive to Okhla from Sohna road. Anyways, I have 15 days to take the final call

The option with canopy looks real cool but I personally do not like the chrome accessories on any car.

Innova Cresta, on the other hand, is most practical choice. I am sure it is fun to drive too considering the current engine specs.
Old 15th September 2016, 16:46   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I am also drifting between Storme and V Cross (though I have already booked the Storme). V Cross definitely has a better snob value but its length is huge negative for me, more so when I have to use it as daily drive to Okhla from Sohna road. Anyways, I have 15 days to take the final call

The option with canopy looks real cool but I personally do not like the chrome accessories on any car.

Innova Cresta, on the other hand, is most practical choice. I am sure it is fun to drive too considering the current engine specs.
You can also add the Tata Hexa to your list (already in mine too!) but it is getting launched in October in Navratras and am waiting to see the launch price. If the Hexa can come at a 16-17 L price (for the mid variant which compares with the Crysta VX), I may go for it instead of the Vcross.
Somehow the Vcross with Canopy can never give the comfort as a 7 seater and will have limited use for us as a pickup truck!
Waiting till Navratri to take the final decision!
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 13:25   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I have booked the V-cross along with the D-box, Blaupunkt GPS Music system, bug deflector and side step. Further the Scheduled delivery is on Dussera.
In chennai I was offered the black as immediate delivery as the booking customer has gone to the US (like I am so naive). I am holding back for now to see if they come out with more models/options in a few months time. The guys had not heard of the bug deflector btw. He was supposed to come over for a test drive but I declined it as I plan to wait.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 08:45   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
In chennai I was offered the black as immediate delivery as the booking customer has gone to the US (like I am so naive). I am holding back for now to see if they come out with more models/options in a few months time. The guys had not heard of the bug deflector btw. He was supposed to come over for a test drive but I declined it as I plan to wait.
As a satisfied owner I'd advice you to go ahead and buy it. They've just launched the blue power upgraded model in Thailand & Philippines both of which are extremely mature pick-up markets. I don't see that model coming to India before two years at the least .The longer you wait, the higher cost you'll have to pay to acquire it. I was amongst the customers who paid the introductory ex showroom price of 12.39L.I got delivery on 13.09. In less than a week I've logged a thousand kms on it. Loving every minute. But prices have already gone up by 60K and seeing all other manufacturers raising prices citing increased input cost, I suspect Isuzu too will follow suit sooner than later.

Just my 0.02¢
Old 19th September 2016, 08:57   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
I also got to know that at present the D Max V Cross is been only assembled at the Isuzu Sricity plant in A.P.. Most of the spares are been imported. So in case of any replacements the lead time for spares might be an issue.
The (V)cross argument would be you're getting what is essentially an imported truck at Indian prices. Eventually, the level of localisation will rise. Conjecturing about lead times on spare part availability is largely mitigated by the fact they've set up a plant in India with a significant investment. To me, it signifies commitment to the local market. Equally,the spare parts availability would hold equally true to any German/American automobile. But , it's not the case, because manufacturers committed to a particular market will ensure the inventory pipeline doesn't run dry for a prolonged period. It's the easiest way to lose customers.
Old 19th September 2016, 13:12   #444

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
As a satisfied owner I'd advice you to go ahead and buy it. They've just launched the blue power upgraded model in Thailand & Philippines both of which are extremely mature pick-up markets. I don't see that model coming to India before two years at the least .The longer you wait, the higher cost you'll have to pay to acquire it. I was amongst the customers who paid the introductory ex showroom price of 12.39L.I got delivery on 13.09. In less than a week I've logged a thousand kms on it. Loving every minute. But prices have already gone up by 60K and seeing all other manufacturers raising prices citing increased input cost, I suspect Isuzu too will follow suit sooner than later.

Just my 0.02¢
Congrats on the new car buddy. I see you are happy enough. Have you added anything to the it already? How is it behaving? Let me know.

Haven't been able to take time out for a test drive yet. I think your positive feedback makes it easier to plan one. Have a feeling I am gonna just finalize it on the spot.
Old 19th September 2016, 14:00   #445
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As a satisfied owner I'd advice you to go ahead and buy it. They've just launched the blue power upgraded model in Thailand & Philippines both of which are extremely mature pick-up markets
Hey Mani, Congrats ! Do post some pictures here. Are you experiencing Jerk at 1800-2000 RPM's?
Old 19th September 2016, 15:04   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getafix View Post
Congrats on the new car buddy. I see you are happy enough. Have you added anything to the it already? How is it behaving? Let me know.

Haven't been able to take time out for a test drive yet. I think your positive feedback makes it easier to plan one. Have a feeling I am gonna just finalize it on the spot.
Cheers pal!

Just got the basic Isuzu accessories ie the bedliner, sidesteps, window visors, scruff plates & Isuzu mats. Got a stereo installed at motor concepts Delhi along-with door dampening. Kept more or less the same size tires even though line every other chap I was tempted to upsize to 275s but at that level the adverse impact on speed, manoeuvrability and torque is fairly noticeable (personal opinion) when compared to a truck running stock sized tires. Bought Maxxis 771 ATs-225-65-16. Great tread pattern. Wonderful highway performance. Barely any noise .I was never a fan of the dbox, for me it just kills the spirit of owning a pick-up. Just got back after a weekend trip to Delhi. It's a spirited cruiser so I didn't drive it like a sports car. Steady cruising at 120kmph,the engine takes the car forward effortlessly over a myriad of flyovers which now dot the Chd-Delhi highway. My "chotu" and couple of dogs were riding the deck. All three loved it. Most people I passed turned around have a second and third the truck . Many gave me the thumbs up sign. I'd dropped driving on those road in 2005, but loved my ride there and back this time and have decided to drive on my Isuzu each time now.

In the Delhi traffic it was easy to drive and manoeuvre . The feeling of sitting atop is nice, the third gear behaves well and that's what I largely pottered about in heavy traffic areas. Can take it right done to 20kmph without the engine knocking.

A suggestion would be to buy bungee cords from decathlon- 500 bucks for a pack of two good sturdy and elastic cords, French made.Run it through the luggage and hook it to the deck. The stuff doesn't move arround at all. Don't need a net and don't need a cargo separator.

It's a well balanced truck. At 120 I was driving with the one hand, the other sitting on the middle rest. Didn't feel any roll as one does on Scorpio and Safari. Inspired a lot of confidence. Just take it easy on the awkwardly shaped speed bumps . If one tries to cross them without slowing down, the car rear will bounce and the shudders carry through to the front.

I would say it's got enough going for it at a more than decent price for one to buy it without much thought. As long as your expectations are calibrated to the idea of a pickup and you don't compare it to a sedan at the same price point in terms of speed, acceleration stats etc, I think you're good to go. To me, at this price it was a no brainer. No car at this price point and indeed two or three notches above have it's king of the road presence. All SUVs yielded to my truck in the Delhi traffic. Enough said!
mani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 15:12   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Hey Mani, Congrats ! Do post some pictures here. Are you experiencing Jerk at 1800-2000 RPM's?
Thanks pal! Feels good to finally own her

Will post some pictures tomorrow. I have had one very minor jerk in 1200kms thus far, hence keeping fingers crossed it stays that way! No jerks in the ride to and fro from Delhi. And none in Delhi either.

In any case, from what I've heard the issue has been sorted at the Isuzu end and is awaiting governmental clearance for the recalibrated parameters.I believe those affected by it will be summoned to their dealerships mid October or thereabouts to receive the software flash which fixes the issue.
mani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 00:17   #448
BHPian

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

I've done close to 4K km and the jerk is definitely evident around the 1600- 1800 rpm mark driving in 3rd gear. I have also reported it to the Isuzu guys in Gurgaon and I have been assured that they are taking measures to get this rectified. There is also a speedometer error of about 9% which I have reported however with change from stock tyres to 255 65 16. The change from the stock tyres impacts by about -0.3% however the error is vastly greater. I suppose the truck was supposed to ride on 17 inch rims and not 16.

I had the stereo installed from motor concept, pioneer f80bt, and can't get good radio reception. Motor concept guys suggested that this is due to the connector being unavailable. Anyone else facing this issue?

Also had issues pertaining to the the front passenger side window deploying much much slower than the driver window. This was more or less sorted out by the service center by replacing the window assembly which was imported from Thailand hence took about 3 weeks. Another issue which has cropped up is the LHS OVRM not opening fully, this has also been reported to the Isuzu service center with video of the issue about 10 days back but I'm yet to hear from them regarding the same.

There are minor issue which can be attributed to teething issues due to 70% localisation which has been attained from the word go however I do see a positive attitude from Isuzu in making sure that the niggles are resolved.

Now only if they were to sort out the speedo error as well.

Last edited by Hondaism : 20th September 2016 at 00:41.
Hondaism is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 08:18   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaism View Post

I had the stereo installed from motor concept, pioneer f80bt, and can't get good radio reception. Motor concept guys suggested that this is due to the connector being unavailable. Anyone else facing this issue?
Got my stereo installed at the same place largely due to your previous posts wrt to the install. Went in with a view to get the F80 installed, however, was told the system might lag a bit due to inadequate RAM in comparison to a regular phone. Reluctantly downgraded to 5890BT. It's just a wee bit slow occasionally, but nothing I can't live with. The stereo has integrated completely with steering controls,answering and making calls from the steering controls performs without a hitch. The radio reception is outstanding. This is despite the fact that on the first night in Delhi some street dogs chewed off half the antenna on my Vcross.

@ Turbanator attaching some pictures. One of the pictures has three Vcrosses. All local Chandigarh Vcross chaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-img_20160913_164842.jpg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-img_20160919_220924.jpg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-img_20160919_172753.jpg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-img_20160916_184429.jpg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-img_20160919_174832.jpg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-img_20160913_160350.jpg  

mani is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 10:18   #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
Cheers pal!

I would say it's got enough going for it at a more than decent price for one to buy it without much thought. As long as your expectations are calibrated to the idea of a pickup and you don't compare it to a sedan at the same price point in terms of speed, acceleration stats etc, I think you're good to go. To me, at this price it was a no brainer. No car at this price point and indeed two or three notches above have it's king of the road presence. All SUVs yielded to my truck in the Delhi traffic. Enough said!
Thanks buddy. I agree completely. A lifestyle vehicle, with reasonable pedigree, at this price is a no brainer.

Helps to also hear that the car behaved well, and to your satisfaction on this particular route, as this is kind of my daily commute (about half of it anyway) to and from Delhi.

After the Delhi trip, with all kinds of two wheelers trying to squeeze through, nicking and scraping and scratching, especially the side fenders, have you looked at the possibility of some sort of a protective bull bar or even a complete change from fiber to metal?

Last few months have been brutal on my cars, and I am frustrated enough to contemplate protective iron cladding all around. Or just go out and get a tank. With a mounted machine gun, preferably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Got RaceChip fitted today, it has totally changed the behaviour. It pulls in 3rd gear as if it's 2nd or 1st. Though it's early but as of now looks worth every paisa. I got mine from the US but they have a National Distributor in Delhi. Apparently 30% Jump in torque & BHP
Pardon me my ignorance brother, but what exactly is a RaceChip, what does it do, and how does one get it installed?

I tried to look it up, but apart from finding the website, couldn't get much further detail.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT/QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of posting instead of posting consecutively. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th September 2016 at 10:37. Reason: Please avoid quoting the entire post as it may inconvenience small-screen/mobile users. Quote the relevant portions only.
Getafix is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks