Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2017, 11:11   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs

Isuzu India has announced their post-GST prices for the MU-X SUV, which will now retail between Rs 22.4 - Rs 24.4 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

This is a reduction of Rs 1.5 lakhs from the prices announced at the MU-X's launch earlier this month.

The Japanese auto major also announced a reduction in the prices of the D-Max V-Cross pickup, which will now cost Rs 12.7 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

ET Auto
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 11:36   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Isuzu India has announced their post-GST prices for the MU-X SUV, which will now retail between Rs 22.4 - Rs 24.4 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

This is a reduction of Rs 1.5 lakhs from the prices announced at the MU-X's launch earlier this month.

The Japanese auto major also announced a reduction in the prices of the D-Max V-Cross pickup, which will now cost Rs 12.7 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

ET Auto
Isn't that too litlle? Just a lakh and a half? The arithmatic of tax reduction needs to be gone through to determine if they are passing the benefit to buyer or pocketing part of that cut.
Old 30th May 2017, 16:05   #213
BHPian

Even V-cross pricing is revised. Perhaps, a good time for buyers?

OT: Does it mean Endeavor & Fortuner gonna be couple of lakh cheaper now?
Old 30th May 2017, 16:17   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Isn't that too litlle? Just a lakh and a half? The arithmatic of tax reduction needs to be gone through to determine if they are passing the benefit to buyer or pocketing part of that cut.
I think it's still a reduction of about 6-7%. Keep in mind that GST hasn't been actually implemented yet and there could probably be a further correction once it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz63 View Post
OT: Does it mean Endeavor & Fortuner gonna be couple of lakh cheaper now?
Yes there should be once GST is implemented. What you are seeing right now are just price corrections some manufacturers are making in anticipation to post GST prices.
Old 30th May 2017, 16:47   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
I think it's still a reduction of about 6-7%. Keep in mind that GST hasn't been actually implemented yet and there could probably be a further correction once it is.
Actually it is more than 6-7%. The current taxes are around 54%, so 24L ex-showroom means 15.6L factory price & post GST, this would be roughly 22.3L taxed at 43%. So the entire benefit (well, almost) has been passed on to the buyer .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Yes there should be once GST is implemented. What you are seeing right now are just price corrections some manufacturers are making in anticipation to post GST prices.
IMHO, this is actually a discount. ISUZU are trying to move products off the assembly line by citing GST as the reason behind the price cut. The prices would fall but in a few months time after the actual implementation of GST when the entire process of manufacture (from procuring raw materials to actual output) happens in the GST period. As of now, GST is just an excuse for lack of demand
r0nit7 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 16:56   #216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
IMHO, this is actually a discount.
Bingo! even i am of the same opinion. ISUZU had lost the plot with price hikes for V Cross and the absurd launch price of MUX. They seem to have realized this sooner than expected. I feel the products are still over priced and makes sense if they doubled on the discounts being offered now
Jaggu is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 19:10   #217
BANNED

Autocar has compared the MU-X and the endeavour, but I think they should have compared the 2.2 as well to make it more fair.

Anyways here is the review
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-405068.aspx/3

I expect further price revision(after GST implementation maybe?) since the MU-X , unlike D-MAX has actual competition in the market
Old 7th June 2017, 13:22   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Autocar has compared the MU-X and the endeavour, but I think they should have compared the 2.2 as well to make it more fair.
Actually to make it more fair, Isuzu should have launched the latest power-train with 6-Speed automatic, rather than a dated power train at the same price.
Old 7th June 2017, 17:46   #219
BHPian

More than the power train, I feel its the lack of full safety kit that would turn potential buyers off. I dont think many would pay 25 big ones for a modern day car with just 2 airbags. Come on Isuzu, you could have done better than to think that Indians would lap up your SUVs with just dismal features. I feel this was a great chance for ISUZU to make a mark, buy unfortunately they have made a mess of it.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 16:27   #220

I took a 15-minute test drive of this SUV(4x4 AT) and was quite impressed with the vehicle:
-With reduction in prices (1.5L) it looks more sale-able
-Good road presence - as good as Endy or Fortuner
-Acceptable safety Features (missing extra Airbags)
-Turning radius matched my Honda city
-Good drive-ability in city, the AT was falling into correct gears.

Dislikes:
-Outdated Infotainment
-A/C was weak
-Dashboard looked plain and plastics didn't feel premium
-Worried about the sales and service, just one in whole of Karnataka

I saw posts mentioning it is overpriced , but key point - we are comparing the ex-showroom prices, but if we check OTR prices the gap increases considerably. For Bangalore here are the OTR prices for 4x2 AT models(most commonly bought ):
MU-X - 28.5L(after GST Price reduction)
Endy - 32.25L
Fortuner - 37.70L
There is close to ~10L difference between MU-X and Fortuner, this is a lot of money even if you consider the missing features in MU-X. The biggest misses/concerns are Airbags and lack of dealerships. Otherwise I don't see major letdowns and I feel this is a good buy.
binum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 12:37   #221
BHPian

Autocar India has come out with the first drive video of MU-X.
Except the second and third row of seats, they were not much impressed with the car.
The package on the whole fees a little behind the current competition. Surprisingly in the end they favour the car, quoting it's pricing which is lower than competition.
IMO if Isuzu can price this from 20 lakhs, then it will start making sense and some sales.

Old 17th June 2017, 12:50   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
IMO if Isuzu can price this from 20 lakhs, then it will start making sense and some sales.
As a product, it offers way less than the Fortuner or the Endeavour, so most people who have a Rs. 30+ Lakh on the road price budget will go for the Fortuner on Endeavour. As you mentioned, this vehicle should have been priced ex show room of about Rs. 20 to 21 lakhs tops for what it offers.

Just saw the video review. Basically, engine is average, gearbox is average, suspension is average, but price on the higher side than what it offers. What is the point?

Last edited by 4x4addict : 17th June 2017 at 13:02.
Old 23rd June 2017, 17:37   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binum View Post
Dislikes:
-Outdated Infotainment
-A/C was weak
-Dashboard looked plain and plastics didn't feel premium
-Worried about the sales and service, just one in whole of Karnataka
I spent time with the 4x4 variant yesterday in the showroom and had a nice test drive with it today here in Hyderabad. I felt the infotainment is excellent! I don't see any shortfalls. It has enough steering mounted controls and connectivity options, USB, Bluetooth with phone sync etc. The screen is very responsive and the audio quality was really really good when I played through my paired iPhone. The car lacks navigation which was a bit annoying, but apart from that it's pretty good I feel.

The car isn't overpriced! For the quality of interiors, suspension, comfort, engine, the Isuzu experience of diesel and SUV's, this car is fantastic at under 30L. The Hexa, which I test drove yesterday is priced so low but it still is selling about 1/6th to 1/7th of the Innova's sales. Even if the car is priced at 20L, we Indians will not buy it. Why, you ask? Because that age old myth of "Maruti's are easiest to maintain" and "any mechanic can fix a maruti" still holds good here. There are sentiments which are more rumor driven than technically informed. If someone knows about Isuzu, the Japanese build quality and work ethic, or simply spends a little time with the vehicle, they will understand it's value and buy it.

I think I'm going to book this 4x4 over the Hexa XTA (the top automatic) simply because the Isuzu felt GREAT.

The endeavor automatic and fortuner automatic are closer to 40 lakhs on road so that's a completely different price bracket. This car feels just as imposing, muscular, strong, and powerful on the road as the fortuner. The great part is, Isuzu has pumped in infrastructure into India in manufacturing and service and it's a great company to go for. The car won't be seen dime a dozen like Fortuners or Innovas on the road but will be a niche target audience of people who appreciate good engineering and peace of mind rather than little electronic buttons that change the mood lighting in the car or rain sensing wipers. Be practical is what I say, and the Isuzu MU-X reeks of practicality. The company will give greater attention to a smaller clientele.

All three rows of seats are comfy for sure. The plastics and stitching and the entire way the thing is put together is top notch with no inconsistent panel gaps anywhere (which I found in the much cheaper Hexa). The grunt of the engine is so captivating and powerful on the road but peaceful at highway speeds and well insulated inside. The AC was pretty damn cold even at 23 degrees (but it's monsoon now, so will have to see again in summer for effectiveness). The roof AC's at the back were very effective and the amount of space in the car is endless.

The service intervals are at 20,000 km and the company has informed me that paid services don't cost more than 8 to 10k. That's value for money AND practical.

The car flew to 100 kmph quite effortlessly on an open stretch and the grunt of power is very accessible across the bands. The steering felt slightly heavy but I'd prefer good feedback with such a heavy car as compared to a very light steering. Will probably book this tomorrow or day after over the Hexa, though I'm extremely fond of the Hexa as well. It's just sad that Tata is seeing such poor sales with the Hexa because the people judge them based on the Indica, the Aria, and the Safari.

Watch this well articulated review. It's the same spec MU-X as what we get but without some of the infotainment options like navigation. Read the comments in that review as well to understand what people see in an Isuzu over a feature rich SUV.

Last edited by ByDesign : 23rd June 2017 at 18:01.
ByDesign is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 10:20   #224
BHPian

Did Isuzu further reduce the price of MU-X after the actual implementation of GST ?

This product makes more sense as compared to XUV500/HEXA, but feels overpriced in comparison.
Old 11th July 2017, 10:33   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
This product makes more sense as compared to XUV500/HEXA, but feels overpriced in comparison.
Exactly my point as well. This is the closest competition to the XUV500 W10 and the Hexa XTA. However, the top vend models of the XUV500/XTA are very well loaded in terms of safety kit and both come with 6-Speed automatics which is pretty much what even cheaper cars like the Creta have.

The stripped down MUX with the older 3.0 engine and older 5-Speed gearbox shouldn't cost more than 5 lakhs ex-showroom over the ex-showroom price of the fully loaded XUV500/Hexa. Anything over this is wishful thinking. Fortuner has an established track record and even Endeavor has better brand recognition and much bigger service network than Isuzu in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks