Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2017, 13:11   #76
CDM
BHPian

@tazmaan, has the Petes remap made an appreciable difference? Any downsides that you may have experienced?

CDM
Old 4th April 2017, 14:09   #77
BHPian

re: Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
@tazmaan, has the Petes remap made an appreciable difference? Any downsides that you may have experienced?

CDM
Yes there is a lot of difference. There are two sides to it one is out right acceleration and its substantially quicker. In the 2nd gear with your foot down, the car accelerates like the 1st generation swift diesel and keeps going in the 3rd gear. But I don't do this often.

What I like the most is in-gear acceleration in 4th and 5th gear. I don't have to down shift on hilly sections, the engine just keeps pulling. On my Goa trip which was my 1st long drive after the remap I got better Milage too. I got an overall milage of 14+ kmpl with 4 people onboard and luggage of 8 people (4 flew down and I got their luggage).

Down side might be lower engine/transmission life. One of the reasons I don't push the car most of the time. I do relaxed gear changes, no wheel spins and just wait for the engine to get to cruising speed. But when needed it can pounce !
Old 6th April 2017, 18:07   #78
BHPian

Isuzu MU-X production to be highly localized in India

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...-soon/58022982
Old 19th April 2017, 19:02   #79
BHPian

The Isuzu MU-X has been spied undisguised by Motoroctane ahead of its launch scheduled for 11 May.

https://motoroctane.com/news/42294-isuzu-mux-india
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 00:39   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Clearest, undisguised spyshots of the MU-X:

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-image6w.jpg

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-image3w.jpg

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-image2w.jpg

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-image7w.jpg

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-image5w.jpg

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-image9w.jpg

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-image4w.jpg

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-image1w.jpg

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-image8w.jpg

Thanks to my good friend Gautam for sharing these.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 06:36   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Clearest, undisguised spyshots of the MU-X:
===========
Thanks to my good friend Gautam for sharing these.
Well some features seem to be visible in these pics:
Automatic transmission
4x4 shift on the fly
Start stop button
Leather seats
Leather wrapped steering with audio controls

Looks to be the highest​ model and my guess is this may be around 25 lacs ex showroom.
But I wish that they can give this at 20 instead ( which is logical if we compare with Vcross)

Feature wise, if we try to do a price addition vs Vcross:
AT transmission 1.2 lacs
Third row seats : 20 k
Leather seats: 70k
Rear multilink suspension: 30k
Infotainment system: 50k (with rear screen)
Start/stop and other small features: 20k

So adding all these comes to 3.1 lacs over the Vcross which is 13.3 lacs ex showroom. That makes it 16.4 lacs and add 60k more for taxes etc and 1 lac more for margin. So logically they can even hit a price of 18-19 lacs ex showroom for this highest variant. Lets see how far our logic holds vs theirs when they launch on the 11th May. I do hope that the Isuzu team is following this thread.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 25th April 2017 at 12:41. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 22nd April 2017, 06:55   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone know if we are getting the updated version of engine and transmission that has been introduced in Australia earlier this year? This version seems to have equal horsepower rating but significantly increased torque (430 NM instead of 380 NM) and a new 6 speed Aisin automatic transmission? The review below says this is exclusive to Australia but just hoping this makes it to India as well.
https://www.4x4australia.com.au/revi...-mu-x-launched
Old 22nd April 2017, 07:08   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Does anyone know if we are getting the updated version of engine and transmission that has been introduced in Australia earlier this year? This version seems to have equal horsepower rating but significantly increased torque (430 NM instead of 380 NM) and a new 6 speed Aisin automatic transmission? The review below says this is exclusive to Australia but just hoping this makes it to India as well.
https://www.4x4australia.com.au/revi...-mu-x-launched
Unlikely. From what I have heard they are sticking with the 2.5 L engine available in the current Vcross for volume considerations. They are not yet launching the 1.9 and 3 L versions yet in India and may launch it when they shift to the 2017 model Vcross and MUX probably end of year.

Last edited by Behemoth : 22nd April 2017 at 07:09.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 08:44   #84
BHPian

What is the link between trailblazer and mu-x? Is chevrolet manufacturing the trailblazer and ISUZU rebadging it, or the other way round?

Wanted to know if MU-X has the Isuzu's world famous japenese DNA & reliability or GM's American engineering?
Old 22nd April 2017, 08:51   #85
Team-BHP Support

What is the tire size, I am unable to see if it is 17 inch or 18 and has 235 section or 265.
Old 22nd April 2017, 09:16   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Feature wise, if we try to do a price addition vs Vcross:
So adding all these comes to 3.1 lacs over the Vcross which is 13.3 lacs ex showroom. That makes it 16.4 lacs and add 60k more for taxes etc and 1 lac more for margin. So logically they can even hit a price of 18-19 lacs ex showroom for this highest variant. Lets see how far our logic holds vs theirs when they launch on the 11th May. I do hope that the Isuzu team is following this thread.

Well what happens to the cost of the additional metal used, 3rd row glasses, and more importantly the hatch door? And let's not forget that rear doors will get bigger, there will be interior cladding, rubber beadings, and a lot more that goes in to making a pick up truck to a 7 seater SUV! And plus the cost of building this car will be surely higher than that of the V- Cross, so I surely see a 7-10 lakh difference at the minimum.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 25th April 2017 at 12:42. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 10:10   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Well what happens to the cost of the additional metal used, 3rd row glasses, and more importantly the hatch door? And let's not forget that rear doors will get bigger, there will be interior cladding, rubber beadings, and a lot more that goes in to making a pick up truck to a 7 seater SUV! And plus the cost of building this car will be surely higher than that of the V- Cross, so I surely see a 7-10 lakh difference at the minimum.
Well metal wise it would be probably less that the load bay in the Vcross as the Vcross length is 5.2m and the Mux length​ is 4.8. The cost of the rear tailgate and glass would be additional but I doubt that it would be too high!
From an engineer having worked in production in an automobile company I can tell you that these costs are not that high.
In India Suv pricing has always been aspirational and not realistic cost plus ( apart from Tata and Mahindra) If Isuzu wants to change this paradigm they well can.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 15:39   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
What is the link between trailblazer and mu-x? Is chevrolet manufacturing the trailblazer and ISUZU rebadging it, or the other way round?

Wanted to know if MU-X has the Isuzu's world famous japenese DNA & reliability or GM's American engineering?
The two share the overall platform and most interiors but the engine and transmission are different. The MUX is supposed to have legendary Isuzu reliability because the powertrain is from Isuzu. Their engines are generally supposed to last hundreds of thousands of miles.

The trailblazer has the puncher engine though with 200 hp and 500NM compared to the MUX's 170hp and 380NM.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 22nd April 2017 at 15:40.
Old 22nd April 2017, 15:54   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The MUX is supposed to have legendary Isuzu reliability because the powertrain is from Isuzu. Their engines are generally supposed to last hundreds of thousands of miles.
Fully agree with you on this count.

I had used an Isuzu Trouper 4x4 (3.8 ltr petrol engine) with an AT for over 300,000 km, absolutely without any issues. I consider it as one of the best vehicles I ever owned/used.

I for one am waiting for the MU-X, hoping it would be sensibly priced.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 22nd April 2017, 18:30   #90
BHPian

I went for a test drive of v-cross in vijayawada. The SA mentioned that MU-X will cost approx. 23 lakhs on road in vijayawada and closer to 27 lakhs in hyderabad. The lower cost is due to tax exemption from Andhra Pradesh govt. due to Isuzu plant being located in state.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks