Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2016, 20:23   #166
BHPian

Re: 2016 Toyota Etios & Liva facelifts launched. Called Platinum

Will the front bumper of Platinum Etios fit onto the first generation model?

Last edited by amateurpro : 13th November 2016 at 20:33.
Old 13th November 2016, 20:48   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurpro View Post
Yes.
When i had enquired with my SA about replacing the rear seat with the new one, he said he doesn't have the info of those.
But the front bumper, he said, they can definitely fit into any of the Etios models.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2016, 22:07   #168
BHPian

Hearing the rumors of a proper facelift for Etios cross on the way. Expected next year. Is any truth in this? Anyone knowing some ''birdies " inside? I was planning an Etios Cross and now confused whether to wait or not. Knowledgeable please throw some light.
Old 13th November 2016, 23:56   #169
BHPian

I drive a Rapid DSG and Liva Petrol. I have also extensively driven Etios Petrol.
I can vouch for Liva and Etios to be the best cars in their class for the Travel enthusiasts. They are the best in the city and they are the best for the long runs. The only miss is the comfort of an Autobox. No comments on aesthetics and gizmos - enough and more said about it.
Old 14th November 2016, 07:05   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
The only miss is the comfort of an Autobox.
The only thing that is missing in these cars; why Toyota can't thrown one in is a mystery, it is becoming a necessity in Indian traffic like AC became ten years ago.
Old 14th November 2016, 08:13   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
The only thing that is missing in these cars; why Toyota can't thrown one in is a mystery, it is becoming a necessity in Indian traffic like AC became ten years ago.
This is already released for the Brazilian etios. So expect the auto transmission probably by next year.
Old 14th November 2016, 08:58   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurpro View Post
Bumper and grille will both need to be replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Yes.
When i had enquired with my SA about replacing the rear seat with the new one, he said he doesn't have the info of those..
I think even the seat would fit.
Easiest way to check is to look out for an accessory shop that is fitting seat covers on a platinum Etios , and then compare the fitting lugs with those on the old Etios.
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 12:20   #173

I am on the verge of finalizing the purchase of the Platinum Etios 1.5 petrol. This is my first post as a newbie on Team-BHP. I have been a reader for long. I must thank Amalji and Samba for their posts and reports on the Etios. The two have been a huge influence for the purchase decision I am about to make. So I Thank You Amalji and Samba.

I need to make a choice between the V and the VX. I believe the only differences between the two, which really matters to me, are alloy wheels, retractable mirrors and rear parking sensors. The price difference between the two, on road, in Mumbai is approximately Rs. 70,000/-

Retractable mirrors are nice to have. Rear parking sensors can be easily installed by the dealer. It's the alloys that I seek advice on. Toyota, apparently, hasn't brought out alloys as accessories for the platinum Etios. I have two questions.

1. How much do alloys really matter?
2. If they do matter, is it advisable to purchase alloys from the aftermarket? if yes, which ones and is there any impact on warranty?
Old 18th November 2016, 12:42   #174
Senior - BHPian

My 2 cents on alloys: they matter for looks and they matter on high performance cars and an Etios isn't one.

And I would never buy alloys on the aftermarket because I don't trust it for critical parts like wheels. No idea about warranty implications.
Sawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 17:31   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pet_apf View Post
...The price difference between the two, on road, in Mumbai is approximately Rs. 70,000/-...

2. If they do matter, is it advisable to purchase alloys from the aftermarket? if yes, which ones and is there any impact on warranty?
Alloy wheels is more of a cosmetc thing. If you have really bad roads in your place, avoid alloy wheels. Isn't retractable mirrors offered as an accessory?

If you put wheels above the stock size, there could be warranty implications.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 10:55   #176
BHPian

Quote:

When I was out shopping for my new car the simple question I used to ask myself when looking at all the features (and associated costs) is did I miss these in my existing car?
The only ones I missed was bluetooth connectivity to phone, adjustable mirrors (not retractable), seat height adjustment, safety equipment - airbags etc.
There was nothing else that I missed, not even parking video/sensors.
As others said, alloys dont matter. You need to keep them shiny for anyone and for that matter even yourself to notice them. And people don't usually think about you or your car .
kotirajendra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 23:50   #177
BHPian

Quote:
I am on the verge of finalizing the purchase of the Platinum Etios 1.5 petrol. This is my first post as a newbie on Team-BHP. I have been a reader for long. I must thank Amalji and Samba for their posts and reports on the Etios. The two have been a huge influence for the purchase decision I am about to make. So I Thank You Amalji and Samba.

I need to make a choice between the V and the VX. I believe the only differences between the two, which really matters to me, are alloy wheels, retractable mirrors and rear parking sensors. The price difference between the two, on road, in Mumbai is approximately Rs. 70,000/-

Retractable mirrors are nice to have. Rear parking sensors can be easily installed by the dealer. It's the alloys that I seek advice on. Toyota, apparently, hasn't brought out alloys as accessories for the platinum Etios. I have two questions.

I would have gone for the VX since I think the additional features are worth more than that. However, since you are concerned just about the alloys, I suggest you go for V.

Alloys do not matter at all in an Etios. They are, by large, just a cosmetic accessory and believe me, nobody cares a hoot how your wheels look on an Etios. I personally like the car's proportionate and clean design but no one will care to give a second look at your car (I'm sorry), let alone look down to its wheels. So no reason why you should spend money on that if that's the only thing you are worried about.

Regardless of that, Congratulations on your decision. Etios Petrol is a very practical, supremely reliable, most-VFM, and fun-to-drive car. I do not know of any other manual Petrol cars on production in its class which will beat it in any of those categories, except, maybe the Honda City on the fun-to-drive factor.
VinsWagen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 11:17   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In fact, Samba gave me a lot of honest information about the Etios ( even before he joined t-bhp ), when I was confused about my purchase decision with the kind of rumours spread in the internet about the car. But, I'm glad I went for it, trusting the likes of genuine owners like Samba. Now, my car has completed 1,13,000 kms and 5 years. When someone asks me when am I changing my car, I tell them that my next purchase will be a proper hybrid which is cheap on the pocket. That might be 3-4 years away, but I can confidently say that because Etios meets all my requirements and does it in a hassle free manner which I've never experienced in my 17 years of driving with any other brands. So, all the best for this practical, comfortable and hassle free car!

Quote:
Retractable mirrors are nice to have. Rear parking sensors can be easily installed by the dealer. It's the alloys that I seek advice on. Toyota, apparently, hasn't brought out alloys as accessories for the platinum Etios.
They would bring that option soon. So, even if you opt for it later, you can easily switch to the alloys. But, make sure that your tyres are 15" and not the 14" ones.

Quote:
Normally, alloys are for aesthetic reasons. But, there is one other reason as well for me opting for it always.

If you are a fast driver and you have the habit of speeding through narrow highways like that in Kerala where pot holes are the norm after a rain, alloys makes sense. Because if you crash really hard on a pot hole, there is a high chance that the rim can get bend. And more often than not, at high speeds, this can happen to both the rims on one side ( rear and front ). And if you are on a tubeless tyres, that will ensure that you have to stop your journey. With alloys, it rarely bends. It holds up till it comes to a stage where it has to break which is a rare scenario. This is all the more relevant for a low profile tyre like that in the Etios ( 185/60 R15 ). But, for most drivers ( including me now at the age of 34 now where I drive sedately opposed to the more aggressive driving style in my younger days ), this is not much of importance.

Quote:
No, I wouldn't take risk with alloys. Stick with Toyota or OEM only. The only 3rd party brand I used to trust was Aura alloys ( made by Hindalco ). But, now they have stopped making alloys for the retail market and are only concentrating on supplying it to the OEMs.

And regarding the looks, this is how my 5 year old Etios looks like with alloys. Aesthetic wise, it does improve the looks. But, I wouldn't shell out 70k just for the looks.

2016 Toyota Etios & Liva facelifts launched. Called Platinum-img_20161001_113715265_hdr.jpg
2016 Toyota Etios & Liva facelifts launched. Called Platinum-img_20160918_101243461_hdr.jpg

Last edited by amalji : 25th November 2016 at 11:19.
amalji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 14:27   #179
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Etios yesterday, with old and new platinum version side by side. Toyota has done a great job in sprucing up the interiors. I had first visited them 6 years ago when they had just launched the Etios/Liva and was horrified seeing the railway station benches and crude fabric! Remembering that experience, wife was very reluctant yesterday to visit them.

But Platinum version looks VERY upmarket. The seats are nice with proper look, good underthigh support, huge space in the back (I think rivaled only by Tata cars), and amazing boot space. They didn't have Liva in stock, but appearently Liva Platinum has same looks except rear arm rest (why oh why!).

Saw a last gen etios with some 30-40k discount, but with the gray colour interior, it looked very drab in front of the beige interiors of the new one. I would recommend people to give a SERIOUS look at etios twins before deciding their next cars.

I am sure it is a common knowledge, but still, the 1.5L petrol engine is available in Etios Liva cross, but it doesn't get the platinum version beige colour interiors and other changes.

If and when Toyota launches an automatic version, it will be a terrific car for sure.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 16:09   #180

Those pictures of the Etios! That white beauty just helped another etios get out of the factory. Hopefully it will make its way out on the road soon. Your feedback and those pictures helped me make my decision Amalji and I went and booked my Etios VX today.

I had almost booked the Honda city because the Toyota dealer I was talking to earlier wanted a full month and more to deliver. I wanted the car before the Christmas break. Honda promised to deliver within a week. But my heart just didn't beat for the City. It's a good car with the great engine, and a few niggles, pointed out painstakingly by Team-BHP members. But it just wasn't my car. I wanted the Etios.

Then I read Amaljis post on this thread, saw the pictures, re-read Amalji's and Samba's ownership reporta and made my decision. I wouldn't buy the City and would wait for the Etios if necessary.

Family recommended I find another dealer and I went to Millennium Toyota. And things happened. They stopped short of promising and over committing but gave me enough reason to believe that I should get the car by the 15th of December.

I asked for the color that I could get my hands on the earliest, and it looks like it might be red in colour. This made my three year old very very happy.

The decision on the varient was made by family. It's the VX.

Now. I wait.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks