Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2016, 17:43   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2016 Toyota Etios & Liva facelifts launched. Called Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Platinum version is not open for the commercial segment currently. Not sure whether Toyota can restrict it completely. I have already started seeing Crysta on yellow plates over here.
Technically, Toyota cannot rule it out completely, but they can try their best to make cabbies go in for other versions.
Re: the Crysta - I've been receiving loads of messages from Toyota dealers pushing the Crysta, and it is apparently officially available for taxi use as well.
Old 10th December 2016, 22:29   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Platinum version is not open for the commercial segment currently. Not sure whether Toyota can restrict it completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Technically, Toyota cannot rule it out completely, but they can try their best to make cabbies go in for other versions.
I've already seen one platinum etios in Bangalore with the yellow board!
Old 28th December 2016, 11:14   #213
BHPian

During my recent trip to Rajasthan, I must've seen at least 40-50 New Platinum Etios running yellow boards in a span of 2 days all over. I think Rajasthan being an important spot on the tourist circuit in the winters might have something to do with it.
Sinner666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 20:06   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by APV View Post
Congratulation on booking Etios pet_apf. I too own Etios, diesel model though, based on Amalji's reviews. Mine is at around 46000 KMS on the ODO and I am really happy with the car.

Do share some pictures once you get your new steed

And so I have a new car - A red colored Platinum Etios. The car was delivered on the 17th of December 2016. Since then I have driven it for over 2500 km. Drove it from Mumbai to Udipi and back. And boy, am I happy with the car. Will hopefully get over my laziness and get down to sharing some ownership experiences soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
During my recent trip to Rajasthan, I must've seen at least 40-50 New Platinum Etios running yellow boards in a span of 2 days all over. I think Rajasthan being an important spot on the tourist circuit in the winters might have something to do with it.
I agree. I was in Rajasthan last month and saw a few Platinum Etios running yellow boards.

Also saw two of them parked near the Udipi bus stand last week.
pet_apf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 20:44   #215
PCS
BHPian

Please post review of platinum as soon as possible with nice pics. We have never seen platinum in ownership threads. Really really love the car for what it is. Just one word. It's a no nonsense car
Old 7th January 2017, 19:44   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
Please post review of platinum as soon as possible with nice pics. We have never seen platinum in ownership threads. Really really love the car for what it is. Just one word. It's a no nonsense car
I will try and put some pictures up soon.
Old 15th January 2017, 22:40   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pet_apf View Post
And so I have a new car - A red colored Platinum Etios.
Welcome to the Etios fold. A wise decision indeed. Happy and safe driving.

I think the criticism of interiors in Etios is bit too much. I am having a Etios Liva G and I am really happy with the ownership experience. The centre console or the interior quality has never been an issue. I love the practicality and spaciousness the car provides and have been able to accommodate 4 adults in rear seat many times that too on long journeys. I booked the car on the first day of launch and since then it is 5 years 6 months and 40000 KMs. I have observed that the maintenance cost is very low compared to my earlier Santro. Had issues with ground clearance when fully loaded due to the soft suspension. Replaced the stock 175/65 R14 tyres with 185/65 R14 recently and Ground clearance has improved. I am waiting for the launch of Vios or Avanza/Rush for an upgrade. Don't want to move out of Toyota.
DImPo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 16:37   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Brazil to get the 2018 Etios (hatch/sedan) face-lifts first , India plans could follow,

2016 Toyota Etios & Liva facelifts launched. Called Platinum-toyota_etios_ready_6.jpg

2016 Toyota Etios & Liva facelifts launched. Called Platinum-toyota_etios_ready_7.jpg

Quote:
Both the hatch as sedan will have changes in Visual terms and mechanics.
The new bumper is full-bodied and full of wrinkles, and the front grille in most sections defined, which gives the feeling that the Toyota logo is designed for the front. Both also will have new rear bumpers.

The brand will also make changes in the supply manual version equipped with 1.5 engine. According to our findings, the largest propellant cylinder attached to the stick will only be available for a version of hatch and sedan. The other will be equipped only with the four-speed automatic transmission.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 18:29   #219
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Etios Liva launched with new dual tone shades

Toyota has launched the Etios Liva hatchback with new dual tone colour options and some other cosmetic tweaks. The new paint scheme will be available only with the V and VX trims of the Liva. Prices for the petrol variants start from Rs. 5.95 lakh, while the diesel range starts at Rs. 7.24 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai).

In addition to the new dual tone colours, the new Liva also comes with a blacked-out front grille, chrome fog lamp bezels, a roof-mounted spoiler and electrically foldable ORVMs. Three colours are on offer: Ultramarine Blue, Vermilion Red and Super White. To give the car a dual tone look, the roof and pillars (A, B and C) have been finished in gloss black. The interiors get a piano black treatment on the instrument cluster and removable rear headrests.

There are no mechanical changes on the dual tone Etios Liva, as it continues to be offered with two engine options: a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.4-litre diesel. The only transmission option available is a 5-speed MT.

Price (ex-showroom, Mumbai)
• Etios Liva V - Rs. 5,94,535
• Etios Liva VX - Rs. 6,44,861
• Etios Liva VD - Rs. 7,24,361
• Etios Liva VXD - Rs. 7,61,403

2016 Toyota Etios & Liva facelifts launched. Called Platinum-unnamed.jpg

2016 Toyota Etios & Liva facelifts launched. Called Platinum-unnamed-2.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News
dZired is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 20:32   #220
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. The platinum version offers a good product at fair price. Hope the automatic version gets launched soon. I wonder why it was skipped at the Platinum refresh time.
Old 8th February 2017, 08:15   #221
BHPian

Wonder why Toyota can't make a better-looking interior, and better front fascia and add some missing features, it would have been a winner.
Old 8th February 2017, 08:36   #222
Senior - BHPian

It looks good, but a black roof makes no sense under the Indian sun. Inside temperatures will be higher by a few degrees leading to a higher load for the AC/discomfort.

An autobox, and perhaps the very common by now rear seat AC vents would make it a complete car, on the other hand.
Sawyer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 08:47   #223
BHPian

So all its got is a new paint job, a digital tachometer and some chrome bits. I just dont get it when Toyota is so lethargic in breathing some fresh air to the interiors of the Liva. Why on earth can they not change that stupid looking dashboard? Who should they kill to get it done?

Last edited by Aditya : 8th February 2017 at 10:17. Reason: Back to back posts merged
ron_9191 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 09:11   #224
Senior - BHPian

Lol. Even with that dashboard - that I don't think is a big issue - they are selling about 4000 units a month. Which is not too bad?
Old 8th February 2017, 09:43   #225
BHPian

The Steering wheel has a flat bottom?
Overall looks very 'teenagish' with the roof mounted spoiler and the paint scheme.
Couldn't TKM leave the exterior alone and jazzed up the interior?
All in all, a half hearted attempt at a face lift.
Patriot_Vishwas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks