Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2019, 05:36   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
@Guru_GPS Try visiting another fuel bunk and this time give Nitrogen a try. And by the way what tire pressure you maintain?
I always keep my front pressure at 34 and rear at 33 when we are two on board and if the car is loaded then I keep it at 35 all around. The recommended tire pressure seems extremely high to me so I have worked out this formula and I believe it suits my preference well.
Hi Sachin, I maintain a 34-34 pressure for front and rear. I had once tried by opting for 35 at the front [had read on this forum about Skoda selling a car with overinflated tyres (40 PSI), so thought 35 would not be a big deal]. But the result was the same, now reverted to 34-34 again. It must be the pedestrian quality tyre plus the weight of the engine at the front. Been running extremely tight on budget, hence not opting for tyre change on all four wheels as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
In my opinion, yes!

The features you have mentioned are not very important, specially when you are driving mostly in city(cruise control), auto rain wipers are overrated. Auto dimming irvm is essential in my opinion, but then you can get used to manual irvm.

16 inch tyres offer poor ride when compared to 15 inchers. Moreover rapid is a proper sedan, ameo is an ugly contraption in comparison. Oh well, did I forget the additional space you get in the rapid?

Go for the rapid.
Also Sir, adding to the above, the Rapid has 4 airbags in the top [Style] variant, which I own. Not aware of the Ameo's safety feature list though. The boot space is really a boon.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th December 2019 at 06:43. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 6th December 2019, 16:16   #347
BHPian

Re: 2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidR View Post
Does anyone know if bookings for Rapid Rider are still on? If yes, does the buy now pay in 2021 offer applies to that as well?
Hi SidR, as per my dealer, the Rapid rider was for a very limited stock and stock has already been sold.
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 16:26   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know if bookings for Rapid Rider are still on? If yes, does the buy now pay in 2021 offer applies to that as well?
It is available at some places but the offer is not applicable.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 6th December 2019 at 18:50. Reason: Rectified a typo
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 18:21   #349
BHPian

Thanks guys for your quick responses. Appreciate it.
SidR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 21:46   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_GPS View Post
Hi Sachin, I maintain a 34-34 pressure for front and rear. I had once tried by opting for 35 at the front [had read on this forum about Skoda selling a car with overinflated tyres (40 PSI), so thought 35 would not be a big deal]. But the result was the same, now reverted to 34-34 again. It must be the pedestrian quality tyre plus the weight of the engine at the front. Been running extremely tight on budget, hence not opting for tyre change on all four wheels as of now.

Also Sir, adding to the above, the Rapid has 4 airbags in the top [Style] variant, which I own. Not aware of the Ameo's safety feature list though. The boot space is really a boon.
I took my car for a wash [foam + water wash + vaccum cleaning (inside)] and found that the puncture has held up nice and strong, and surprisingly, both the front tires look properly inflated as against that I had complained in my previous posts. Apologize for lack of pictures, but in a couple of days I will put up the pictures of the wash and the tires specifically.

Last edited by Guru_GPS : 11th December 2019 at 21:57.
Old 13th December 2019, 16:01   #351
BHPian

Here are some photos as promised. Apologize for the quality, took form my Micromax Canvas Infinity phone.

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-foam_wash1.jpg

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-foam_wash3.jpg

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-foam_wash2.jpg

The Water wash after the foam wash.
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-water_wash.jpg
The spray was so powerful, that, looking at him cleaning the car with open doors, I thought it might flood the interior, but there was very little water inside, that too on the floor [have not yet removed the thin plastic film on the floor that came standard]. They also removed the rubber mats and scrubbed them with soap, washed under running water and kept aside to dry. Then vacuum cleaned the interior and placed everything back. Spick and span.
Guru_GPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 16:44   #352
BHPian

Now some photos of the tires. Front right tyre.
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-front_right.jpg

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-front_right2.jpg

Front left tyre with the puncture, marked in the blue rectangles.

Office Parking lot.

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-frontleft_withpuncture.jpg

Parked at home.

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-parked_home.jpg

One more at the Office Parking lot.
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-parked_office.jpg

This was surprise to me when I saw the front tyres looking properly inflated and healthy. I had in my previous posts made a note of how they always looked under-fed even when the pressure would be normal. Hope it stays like this till they will be changed. Not too much bothered about them right now because I am running tight on budget and also the car is doing only office commute [to and from office, 7 Km total] three days in a week and speed not crossing 60 per hour. Other 2 days, and even during weekends [if no more than 2 seats] it will be my Avenger doing the rounds.

Last edited by Guru_GPS : 13th December 2019 at 17:08. Reason: typos
Guru_GPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 17:01   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

BS6 Skoda Rapid petrol to launch in April 2020, will get the new 1.0L TSI engine.

The new 1.0-litre unit is from the EA211 series with the more powerful iteration expected to be offered on the midsize sedan.

VW Vento too will be updated with this engine for the BS6 era.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th December 2019 at 17:04.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 17:04   #354
BHPian

A quick question and hope it is not too off topic. I have the facelifted version with the 16 inch alloys. The time has come for the tire change (50k) and I was wondering if I could go for 205/60/R16s instead of the 195/55s or 205/55s. Has anyone upgraded to the 205/60s on the 16 inch alloys?

Tks
GS-R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 04:51   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HentaiDesi View Post
A quick question and hope it is not too off topic. I have the facelifted version with the 16 inch alloys. The time has come for the tire change (50k) and I was wondering if I could go for 205/60/R16s instead of the 195/55s or 205/55s. Has anyone upgraded to the 205/60s on the 16 inch alloys?

Tks
Hi all, I am also facing the same dilemma. Though tyre change is ruled out as of now, they will have to be changed at a later date, without changing the alloys. Hence suggestions are welcome.
Old 3rd January 2020, 11:55   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Hi SidR, as per my dealer, the Rapid rider was for a very limited stock and stock has already been sold.
Yes it was sold out before October 2019. I waited for a month after booking Rapid Rider in September and then upgraded to Rider Ambition due to unavailability in October. But now its back in stock and I got a call for same from Showroom in Pune in first week on December. Hope this help who are still looking for Rapid edition.
Old 4th January 2020, 13:49   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny_ST3 View Post
Yes it was sold out before October 2019. I waited for a month after booking Rapid Rider in September and then upgraded to Rider Ambition due to unavailability in October. But now its back in stock and I got a call for same from Showroom in Pune in first week on December. Hope this help who are still looking for Rapid edition.
Dealer in Gurgaon said they can only give Rapid Rider in February 2020 and that would 2020 MY. I assume they are out of stock right now and as the Chakan plant had been closed for month, no new manufacturing was happening.
Old 15th January 2020, 11:55   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HentaiDesi View Post

Tks
You could go for the 205 upsize, only if you are willing to have a rather extended conversation with the SA during warranty claims. They tend to make note of wheel upsize during the time of service. Seems to be the case with only Vinayak Skoda I think. I run 16 incher 195 section Contimax on my rapid, right out of the showroom in 2017. Rides quite, looks good and grips well. Side walls are very soft though. Unless your reason to upsize to 205 is cosmetic, I would recommend sticking to 195 as long as you are under warranty.
Old 15th January 2020, 12:00   #359
BHPian

Question for Rapid owners here. How long (kms) have your break pads lasted? Got mine replaced at 23k kms last week. Car is driven on the highways 80% of the time. Mine is a Aug 2017 Style LE MPI.
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 19:59   #360
BHPian

Quote:
I got a message from my sales manager that the Rider edition is back, anyone interested can contact Skoda dealers. I'm attaching a picture below.

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20200116194353.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Question for Rapid owners here. How long (kms) have your break pads lasted? Got mine replaced at 23k kms last week. Car is driven on the highways 80% of the time. Mine is a Aug 2017 Style LE MPI.

Hi there, I changed my pads and discs at 23.5k, reason for change was brake shuddering issue when shedding speed from around 120kmph to a halt, my brake pedal and steering wheel used to vibrate. However, it was taken care under warranty. And as per my dealer, my brake pads were good for another 6k kilometers, but since we were going with disc replacement so he suggested that we replace both altogether to avoid any damage to the new discs. Even my driving pattern is lot similar to yours, I drive 75% of the times at highways. Mine is a 2019 DSG.

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img_20191227_152745.jpg
sachin_cs is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks