Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2019, 23:59   #286
BHPian

Re: 2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post
What do the folks here think? Should he save the 2L and go for the less preferred engine choice or is it better to go for the Diesel.
It will be easier selling off the Rapid Diesel than the Petrol. The 2lakhs is worth it as you will gain it by the diesel's fuel efficiency and at the time of resale. The petrol Rapid is not successful, you will also be finding spare parts more difficult to find in the future.

Better off getting the Rapid Diesel or a Honda City petrol
Old 28th July 2019, 16:26   #287
BHPian

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I have been greatly tempted by the Rapid Rider edition. I will be upgrading from my 1.2 baleno delta 2016.

I had a couple of doubts in my mind about the rider edition, if any of the senior members can shed some light on:

1. As this engine 1.6 MPI will be phased out when BS VI norms kick in, will this effect the resale and spare availability?

2. How is the shield plus plan for rapid, costs and vfm?

Looking forward to some guidance.

Thanks,
Sid
Old 30th July 2019, 19:15   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I would have definitely asked your friend to go for petrol if it was Honda City.
The City SV model (which I believe is the base model) costs OTR approx 11.5L. This is, again ~2L more than the Ambition Rapid, which is the next variant from the top. Now, discounting the opinion that the petrol engine in City is far superior to the Rapid, and also the A.S.S, which is the better car, taking into account the build, ride, interior quality etc, and also the 2L price difference between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
It will be easier selling off the Rapid Diesel than the Petrol. The 2lakhs is worth it as you will gain it by the diesel's fuel efficiency and at the time of resale.
To realize the gain in FE, the car has to run approx 80k kms (Very rough calculation considering a FE return of 13kmpl for Petrol at Rs.74 and 20kmpl for Diesel at Rs.69). This can take several years based on the usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
The petrol Rapid is not successful, you will also be finding spare parts more difficult to find in the future.
Won't the availability for both Petrol and Diesel spares be similar anyway, once BS6 kicks in, or irrespective of that.

Anyhow, all these questions are academic, and is just to satisfy my personal curiosity, as my friend has gone ahead and proceeded with the Diesel model. . He decided that he likes the torquey nature more. He will take delivery within this week.
Old 30th July 2019, 22:18   #289

Not able to decide between Rapid Rider Edition and Ford Aspire Titanium Diesel. Which one would be a better pick?

Monthly running approx 300-500 kms. Going for the diesel Aspire because it's got the better engine than the petrol.

Diesel Rapid will be out of my budget. I previously used to drive a Fiat Grande Punto.
Old 31st July 2019, 07:52   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post
To realize the gain in FE, the car has to run approx 80k kms (Very rough calculation considering a FE return of 13kmpl for Petrol at Rs.74 and 20kmpl for Diesel at Rs.69). This can take several years based on the usage.
Any day resale value of a relatively successful model will be more than a model that never sold well in the 1st hand market. Even in the worst case scenario, a diesel will actually be getting close to 1Lakh more than a petrol, especially because it's a Rapid.

Quote:
Won't the availability for both Petrol and Diesel spares be similar anyway, once BS6 kicks in, or irrespective of that.
Diesel spares are more readily available in the service centers for the 1.6TDi and 1.5TDi. Because of the popularity of the engine, its available in the aftermarket also. The 1.6 MPI never sold well. You may compare the listings on OLX for Kochi. Its like 6 diesels for every 1.6MPI. Things would have been different if it were a 1.2TSI.
Aditya_Bhp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 09:35   #291
BHPian

Admin : Please merge the query if it is not appropriate on this thread.

I have an unique issue with the Rapid. The small Idol which was placed by the dealer on the dashboard during the vehicle delivery has slipped and fallen into the Windshield defogger vents and have now slid down to somewhere in the AC duct near the steering wheel. It creates an irritating rattle at all times, in an otherwise, well insulated quiet ride.

How do i get it removed? Will this warrant a trip to the ASC and result in complete disassembly of the dashboard unit or is there a better way to get this done?

I was thinking of buying a borescope/endoscope with an USB camera and modify it with some robotic grip to extract the same via the windshield defogger vents.

Anyone has ideas or any experience that can help me get out of this rattling situation?
Old 12th August 2019, 18:08   #292

A hoarding of the Rapid Rider edition grabbed my attention and I contacted the dealer. Took a test drive of the petrol and found it to be adequate in terms of power and much better than my current car which is the face lifted ciaz 1.5 alpha petrol. I do not intend to replace the ciaz with this and this is going to be an additional car.

The rider was a little bare bones as far as the features are concerned. I got a lucrative deal for the ambition version diesel manual and ended up paying the booking amount for the same. I love the way the diesel drives and the additional premium seems to be justified for the Diesel engine and added features. I would like an opinion regarding whether buying a diesel car at this juncture makes sense with so much uncertainty with government policies. I intend to keep my next car for a considerable amount of time.
tharunkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 11:36   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharunkar View Post
... I intend to keep my next car for a considerable amount of time.
Hi,

If you are not in a real need for a new car, don't waste your money.

I would be keen to know your test drive and dealer experience. I guess you went to Gurudev motors, chennai to be able to compare with my own personal experience from a few weeks ago.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 14:14   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Hi,

If you are not in a real need for a new car, don't waste your money.

I would be keen to know your test drive and dealer experience. I guess you went to Gurudev motors, chennai to be able to compare with my own personal experience from a few weeks ago.
This car is going to be a replacement for a seven year old Etios which has started to give some trouble.

For the test drive I contacted S7 cars in Erode and they were very responsive. They got the car home at the requested time and let me have a longish test drive. Although I have booked the car I am still in a little dilemma whether to go ahead with the purchase. I have also been informed that the price they quoted is valid if I make the purchase within this month.
tharunkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 11:45   #295
BHPian

Im also seriously considering buying Rapid DSG. But torn between Monte Carlo and Style variant (has 4 airbags).

Got a quote of 14.5 to 14.8 for these models on road. Any idea if I should bargain harder ?
Krishnan83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 13:38   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
Im also seriously considering buying Rapid DSG. But torn between Monte Carlo and Style variant (has 4 airbags).

Got a quote of 14.5 to 14.8 for these models on road. Any idea if I should bargain harder ?
Is the dealer Pinnacle in Thrissur ? I have been in talks with them for a Monte Carlo variant. If possible can you please PM me the quote ? Thanks in advance !
Old 19th August 2019, 14:16   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
Is the dealer Pinnacle in Thrissur ? I have been in talks with them for a Monte Carlo variant. If possible can you please PM me the quote ? Thanks in advance !
Yes, am getting both Pinnacle and Malayalam Skoda to give me quotes. Maybe we can pitch together and ask for an even bigger discount
Old 19th August 2019, 14:34   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post

Bargain more. That quote is pretty much identical to the one you can get online on Carwale.com's on-road quote utility. Google it.

There is a huge margin still in the insurance you can bargain on. If they don't budge - get insurance yourself online & ask them not to include insurance at all. Will save you a big chunk.

Skoda should be giving better offers than what you are getting given current market status & Skoda's sales numbers. Try harder you'll get a better deal.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 17:14   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Bargain more. That quote is pretty much identical to the one you can get online on Carwale.com's on-road quote utility. Google it.

There is a huge margin still in the insurance you can bargain on. If they don't budge - get insurance yourself online & ask them not to include insurance at all. Will save you a big chunk.

Skoda should be giving better offers than what you are getting given current market status & Skoda's sales numbers. Try harder you'll get a better deal.
Rapid Diesel DSG Style
Ex .showroom - 1281601/-
TCS - 12816/-
Insurance -39751/-
Road tax -142386/-
Registration -1550
Total -1478104/-
Loyalty -25000/-

Total on road @ 1453104/- is the exact calcution

This is the quote I've. Let me know your thoughts
Old 19th August 2019, 17:33   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharunkar View Post
This car is going to be a replacement for a seven year old Etios which has started to give some trouble.

For the test drive I contacted S7 cars in Erode and they were very responsive. They got the car home at the requested time and let me have a longish test drive. Although I have booked the car I am still in a little dilemma whether to go ahead with the purchase. I have also been informed that the price they quoted is valid if I make the purchase within this month.
If I may, how much did they quote as the OTR? I got from Gurudev, chennai a final price of 8.39 L INR and they were not ready to reduce even 1 INR from this price. I was informed by them that they have stopped taking bookings, since the "rider" model has been a successful edition for them with over 200 bookings within a month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks