Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2018, 09:34   #181
BHPian

Re: 2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
Hi Congrats for the new car. May i ask you what sort of a discount you were able to achieve on the OTR price. Am currently looking to go for a Rapid diesel edition X DSG as am not happy about the amaze i have booked for.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks & regards,
Jay
The discounts were not too heavy. I managed to negotiate for a free insurance ( Zero Dep, Bumper to Bumper with RTI), Free essential kit ( Though I am yet to receive the car cover even after 3 months), a corporate discount of 10K. That might save you around 75K on the final quoted OTR.
shubhu3112 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 11:01   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhu3112 View Post
The discounts were not too heavy. I managed to negotiate for a free insurance ( Zero Dep, Bumper to Bumper with RTI), Free essential kit ( Though I am yet to receive the car cover even after 3 months), a corporate discount of 10K. That might save you around 75K on the final quoted OTR.
Thank you for the prompt reply. InTrivandrum the OTR is 15.9L and they are saying 50k they are discounting. I will try to push for something else like the 4yrs service plan and insurance like you have suggested.
Old 14th June 2018, 11:29   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhu3112 View Post
Does the Edition X too now come with 4 Airbags like the Style Plus?
Old 14th June 2018, 12:25   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Congrats! She is a beauty! Diesel or petrol? I have a MPI in red. Get used to getting some attention on the road now. I switched to continental mc5 soon after purchase. Side walls are a little to soft but ride quality and grip is awesome! Michelin’s are a good bet as well.
Which variant of MPI you own? Manual or auto? This car has been in my radar for quite long now. Almost convinced of MPI auto(need not worry about injectors, dsg, ASS) but worried about the mileage in bangalore traffic. My average distance is 30-40km/day @15-20km/hr speed.
aadya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 15:55   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Which variant of MPI you own? Manual or auto? This car has been in my radar for quite long now. Almost convinced of MPI auto(need not worry about injectors, dsg, ASS) but worried about the mileage in bangalore traffic. My average distance is 30-40km/day @15-20km/hr speed.
Hi i was initially considering a petrol version but have found the TDI DSG is noisy only at idle but really smooth and is consistent with the return between 15-17 but the MPI is giving only 8-9 in the city. This am talking about in Trivandrum and cochin almost like 70% crowded traffic when compared to Bangalore
Thanks
Jay
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 17:27   #186
BHPian

Quote:
I have the manual MPI Style LE variant. The automatic petrol is slooow! This is where you will need a DSG. I went for the petrol since my usage is under 10k kms a year and did not warrant a diesel. While I miss the torque from my diesel swift, the Rapid makes up for it with linear power delivery, quietly at that. High speed stability is outstanding and the petrol engine, though low tech, is pretty much bullet proof from a reliability stand point. In city I get anywhere from 8 to 12 kmpl as per the MID and about 14-16kmpl on highways. Build quality, in and out is solid.

For your usage, especially in BLR, though noisy, a diesel is a no brainier I must however add that the price differential between the rapid DSG and the top spec LE Petrol was close to 4 lakhs!! That’s a lot of petrol cash saved even before the car was delivered. I drove a rather hard bargain on the price and also the 4 year maintenance package.

While the rapid is a looker on the outside, the insides are par for the times only on the top trim+1. The base and mid models lack some of the bells and whistles that are today’s norm.

I will hand it to Skoda though, they did not scrounge on safety, build, fit and finish across trim levels

I hope this helps!
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 17:51   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
Does the Edition X too now come with 4 Airbags like the Style Plus?
Hi Yes just confirmed with the dealership The following is what they are saying about edition X

a) Edition X is cosmetic change on top of Style variant which costs 30K more than Style variant
b) This means it will have the two front airbags and two side airbags
c) They have edition X only in red colour
d) the car is delivered to the dealership in red colour and all black interior opposite to the style model red colour with black mirror caps, black grille and the 16 inch machined alloys.
e) The roof wrapping, rear spoiler, rear bumper diffuser/valence are fitted at the dealership.
f) Interior will have the sports pedal, red stitched flat bottom steering wheel and rear sun blinds.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & regards,
Jay
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 13:13   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
I have the manual MPI Style LE variant. The automatic petrol is slooow! This is where you will need a DSG.
I will hand it to Skoda though, they did not scrounge on safety, build, fit and finish across trim levels
Quote:
Hi i was initially considering a petrol version but have found the TDI DSG is noisy only at idle but really smooth
I keep pondering upon Rapid due to its build and ride. 1.6MPI AT costs 14.74 and TDI DSG cost 16.77, on road bangalore, top end(all inclusive before discounts). I would like to have all bells and whistles possible at this price point, as there are times I am stuck inside the car for hours together(I spend about 3 hours of wake time in car and 2 hours of wake time at my home).

Worried about mileage not pickup or ASS in case of MPI. Worried about TDI+DSG issues and ASS in case of Diesel.
aadya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 13:51   #189
BHPian

Quote:
I keep pondering upon Rapid due to its build and ride. 1.6MPI AT costs 14.74 and TDI DSG cost 16.77, on road bangalore, top end(all inclusive before discounts). I would like to have all bells and whistles possible at this price point, as there are times I am stuck inside the car for hours together(I spend about 3 hours of wake time in car and 2 hours of wake time at my home).

Worried about mileage not pickup or ASS in case of MPI. Worried about TDI+DSG issues and ASS in case of Diesel.
Hi Aadya,
in Trivandrum the price of petrol AT edition X is 14.03LOTR all inclusive with insurance and road tax and diesel AT edition X is 15.90L OTR. Skoda is giving a discount of Rs 50000 for the vehicle thus with some essential kit its working out to Rs 15.01L as after the discount the proportionate amount of TCS and road tax will come down. On top they are ready to throw in the 4yrs service pack of Rs 29999 and the first years skoda bumper to bumper insurance if am ready to book it by this monday and vehicle to be delivered and registered in the first week of july.

Regarding the MPI the mileage is an issue as the engine needs to be revved up to get that torque. On the other hand the 1.5TDI lump had loads of torque from start up and the DSG box makes it smooth. DSG had the issue but it has been rectified in the subsequent vehicles and also we have the 4yrs warranty.

Cheers
Jay
Old 19th June 2018, 15:18   #190
BHPian

Hi All,
i have taken the plunge and booked the Edition X AT TDI of Rapid. Vehicle will be arriving to the dealership hopefully by end of this week and collecting towards the following week.

Cheers
Jay
Old 19th June 2018, 21:02   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
i have taken the plunge and booked the Edition X AT TDI of Rapid. Vehicle will be arriving to the dealership hopefully by end of this week and collecting towards the following week.

Cheers
Jay
Congrats on the car! Its a really good car, my TDi DSG will be 1 year old in July first week. Totally enjoyable car! Do post nice pics of the car, the Edition X in red looks real hot!
Brigadier is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 16:25   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
Congrats on the car! Its a really good car, my TDi DSG will be 1 year old in July first week. Totally enjoyable car! Do post nice pics of the car, the Edition X in red looks real hot!
Thank you very much really looking forward to the delivery of the new car.
Old 27th June 2018, 17:17   #193
BHPian

Hi all,
Car has been delivered to the dealership and this is the first picture and we can see how the car is before fitting the edition X parts. No roof foil, rear spoiler etc. Comes with black interior and black mirror caps and the 16" alloys fitted

Cheers
Jay
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-car-front.jpg  

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-car-back.jpg  

jayakrishnan_v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 08:29   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
Car has been delivered to the dealership and this is the first picture and we can see how the car is before fitting the edition X parts. No roof foil, rear spoiler etc. Comes with black interior and black mirror caps and the 16" alloys fitted

Cheers
Jay
Nice pics, but waiting for a photoshoot
Brigadier is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 10:58   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
Nice pics, but waiting for a photoshoot
Thank you very much will do that soon. Hopefully vehicle will be registered by Monday and we collect it on Monday and then will post the photos

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks