Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2017, 10:27   #136
BHPian

Just another piece of information. Skoda my18 style variant top end comes with 4 airbags.

The edition X or Monte Carlo has just two airbags.

Regards
Bharath
Old 20th December 2017, 10:29   #137
BHPian

Re: 2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhu3112 View Post
Anyone has updates if the Edition X (Formerly Monte Carlo Edition) is being sold by Skoda Inida. The model is not part of the current lineup in the Skoda Website.

I intend to purchase the Edition X but the lack of clarity from the dealers seem to be confusing. Test drove the car and felt that it was worth the money. DSG concerns and ASS reliability is a factor though, but, i have my trusted Figo to keep me company in the event of the Skoda spending its time in the service centres.
My frind is taking delivery of his Edition X (White) tomorrow. As for spending time in service centres, any car can have same situation and personally, I'm having my second Skoda and nothing like the generalized "time in service centres" have happened. Ofcourse, there may be instances when the machines have failed, but owners should take care of their part too about not abusing the machines
Old 20th December 2017, 11:15   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

The Rapid became all the more smart. It looks so yummy now! Every time I keep looking at it, the desire to own one becomes stronger. Only if they didn't have such a bad reputation - Sigh!

A close friend of mine recently bought the Vento and this guy (as I wrote in another post) is going nuts over the DSG + diesel combo. He says he has never driven another lovely diesel car. Though I mentioned about the DSG issue, he says that his friends in the A$$ guarantees there have been no problems offlate. Hope it stays true for a long time to come.
I have personal experience with three DSG cars. The first lot of 1.8TSI Superb, Jetta TDI and Polo 1.2TSI; the Superb did give problems, Skoda fixed them either under warranty or good will warranty. This car also got inundated twice in the Bombay deluges. Ten years after the fact it has been sold and it's owner, my uncle has bought another DSG car.

I have the Jetta and Polo DSGs; the Jetta is 6 years, 70K kilometers old and the polo is only a couple of years old. I can honestly tell you, the DSG issue has been blown out of proportion. Sort of like the Pixel 2XL screen or the iPhone X notch. I urge you to buy the diesel automatic. It's extremely reliable and a very convenient car to drive.

Last edited by imp! : 20th December 2017 at 11:18.
imp! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 10:18   #139
BHPian

Its being a battle between my mind and heart over the Rapid DSG. The heart says "Go for the Rapid". Mind however says " Wait for 6 months and go for the updated XUV 500.

However, every time, I speak to the dealers. my mind takes over. I received a call from the Skoda India customer care. The guy on the other side of the line kept pestering me with information about how good Skoda Rapid is and the excellent service that i can receive from them. I tried telling that guy that i am absolutely aware of the vehicle and its capabilities. All i wanted was for him to get some of the dealers to contact me. This small piece of request took almost 15 mins to register in that guy's mind.

I did get a call from the dealer ( Both TAFE access and Vinayak Skoda). Both of them promised to come back to me with a price breakup as well as a TD confirmation within 1 hour. That 1 hour has now stretched to a week without any information on the OTR or the TD from any of the dealers. This sort of attitude from the dealers really forces me to think if i am making a wrong decision by listening to my heart rather than the mind. I am extremely confused whether i should put my hard earned money on the Rapid ( A fantastic vehicle without a second doubt) or go with a manufacturer who would give me peace of mind. (Albeit with a compromise on the vehicle).

Any suggestion from fellow T BHPians would be welcome and hopefully help me in choosing the right vehicle.

I currently own a Ford Figo Diesel 2012 model. I have clocked around 85,000 Kms on that without any issues. Just ensured that i got my vehicle serviced at a 7500 KM interval instead of the suggested 10,000 KM interval. I am basically looking at a comparable level of reliability from my next vehicle as well.
Old 5th January 2018, 11:05   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Its being a battle between my mind and heart over the Rapid DSG. The heart says "Go for the Rapid". Mind however says " Wait for 6 months and go for the updated XUV 500.

Any suggestion from fellow T BHPians would be welcome and hopefully help me in choosing the right vehicle..
How about Vento DSG? Once you drive DSG and find it very good I don't think there are any good alternatives in the market for a good automatic. On a side note what are your thoughts on BS-6 fuel being available from 2020 and uncertainty over diesel. How have you made up your mind to still go with diesel?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd January 2018 at 20:15. Reason: shortened quoted post for improved readability :)
Old 6th January 2018, 15:26   #141
BHPian

Hi,

I have pre facelift Skoda Rapid 1.5 tdi manual version. One year old and done 30000 kms. Gave it for service at vinayaka Skoda. They are asking me to change the brake pads for front brakes. Just want to know if it is too early to change the break pads at 30k kms?
Old 6th January 2018, 15:51   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Hi,

I have pre facelift Skoda Rapid 1.5 tdi manual version. One year old and done 30000 kms. Gave it for service at vinayaka Skoda. They are asking me to change the brake pads for front brakes. Just want to know if it is too early to change the break pads at 30k kms?
Hi Raaj
The usage of brake pads depends on your driving and the driving conditions in your city. 30k kms is not early for changing brake pads. You can verify the pad thickness when the Wheels are off and compare it with a new one.
P. S. Remember if the brake pads are not changed on time. They will scar the discs causing vibrations while braking.
Old 6th January 2018, 15:57   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Hi Raaj
The usage of brake pads depends on your driving and the driving conditions in your city. 30k kms is not early for changing brake pads. You can verify the pad thickness when the Wheels are off and compare it with a new one.
P. S. Remember if the brake pads are not changed on time. They will scar the discs causing vibrations while braking.
Thanks Buddy, just leaving to get my car where I will check for the same. Will update here.
Old 6th January 2018, 17:22   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Thanks Buddy, just leaving to get my car where I will check for the same. Will update here.
Just checked the brake pads, they had worn out as compared to the new one. Getting then changed, INR 1900 plus taxes for both front brakes.
Old 22nd January 2018, 19:22   #145
BHPian

As much as I want to buy the best looking car in the segment - the Rapid, I am hesitant to buy a car that is essentially a decade old and soon to be phased out. But then the new iteration of the Rapid might not arrive before 2-3 years as, first the new Polo has to arrive, then the new Vento a couple of years later and then the new Rapid a year or two later.

BTW, how reliable is the DSG in the diesel? Have all the issues been sorted out?
Old 25th January 2018, 10:31   #146

Just booked my Skoda Rapid Style Petrol MT (Silk Blue color). Mahavir Skoda in Hyderabad says the 2018 manufactured lot would start arriving by Feb and expect to get mine during 2nd half of Feb due to other backlogs.
One quick question to the mods and Skoda/Rapid veterans - Is there any Skoda specific PDI list that I need to be aware of (considering their 'amazing' background of deliveries!). Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
As much as I want to buy the best looking car in the segment - the Rapid, I am hesitant to buy a car that is essentially a decade old and soon to be phased out. But then the new iteration of the Rapid might not arrive before 2-3 years as, first the new Polo has to arrive, then the new Vento a couple of years later and then the new Rapid a year or two later.

BTW, how reliable is the DSG in the diesel? Have all the issues been sorted out?
Hi blacksport - couple of my colleagues had purchased the Rapid DSG last year and have been very satisfied with its performance this far. I also read somewhere that the recent batches of Skoda/VW cars with DSG units are getting far more reliable reviews - but that's just what I am aware of.
Also, there are older cars that exist in the market and doing pretty well so I think the Rapid won't be phased out anytime soon (especially after its recent facelift). But then it would be another thing if Skoda plans to launch the Rapid Spaceback in India soon
Old 4th February 2018, 12:21   #147
BHPian

Got the DRLs of my Ambition TDI swapped with white LEDs! So now I hope I'll have lesser people indicating me that my headlamps are on!
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img_20180204_120034_507.jpg  

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img_20180204_122008_709.jpg  

Auto freak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 09:34   #148
BHPian

I have finally made up my mind for the Edition X DSG in red colour. Contacted both Vinayak and TAFE access for having a look at the Edition X. Tafe Access was prompt enough to call back and said that they did not have any demo vehicles but they had a delivery of a red edition X on Saturday and asked me to drop by.

Vinayak did not even bother to call back. It appears that they dont really care about selling vehicles anymore.

I liked what i saw of the Edition X, though the car that was being sold to the customer had a few missing items via-a-vis, the brochure. ( No black Diffuser, No chrome detailing on handles, etc). Tafe guys were polite and courteous but did lack technical knowledge of their vehicles. I have been offered a discount of approx 50,000 with an OTR of approximately 17,10,000 for the Edition X DSG. This price includes the Zero Dep insurance and the 4 year maintenance package. Is this a fair deal or should I try and push for more?

Last edited by shubhu3112 : 5th February 2018 at 09:36. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Old 7th February 2018, 14:58   #149
BHPian

Quote:

Vinayak did not even bother to call back. It appears that they dont really care about selling vehicles anymore.
Just got a call from Vinayak Skoda. When I enquired about seeing an edition X in person, they say that all the edition X vehicles are customized at the dealers end ( Roof Rails, Seat Covers, Spoilers, etc.) Is this true? I was under the assumption that the edition X vehicles roll out from the factory itself in its standard form.
Old 7th February 2018, 21:23   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Just got a call from Vinayak Skoda. When I enquired about seeing an edition X in person, they say that all the edition X vehicles are customized at the dealers end ( Roof Rails, Seat Covers, Spoilers, etc.) Is this true? I was under the assumption that the edition X vehicles roll out from the factory itself in its standard form.
Quite possible. My dealer installed the spoiler on my car in front of me. Mine is normal Rapid, not X edition though. The dealer was also pushing on getting the alloys painted to black. So its quite possible that all these extras get installed at dealer level, not fully sure though. The black roof is also a vinyl wrap I think and not paint.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks