Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2018, 00:21   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look

I read the tbhp review of the original rapid launched in 2012, the mods had noted that the suspension setup on the diesel variant was better than the petrol variant. I can see gigatech owns petrol variant. Could this be the reason for the dissatisfaction?

I own a 2015 TDi DSG running on factory fitted 15 inch wheels with upsized 195/60/R15 tyres, I find the ride quality to be very pliant.

I can't comment on the ride quality with 16inch wheels, but I presume, a 5mm decrease in the side wall height shouldn't alter the ride quality drastically.
Old 19th November 2018, 13:37   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Are you looking for a spare alloy? There is a T Bhpian here who has managed to get a spare alloy of Edition X, from Tafe Access, I suppose. The dealer places order and then gets it. It takes some time.

And, are you taking delivery of Onyx?

I have already taken delivery of Style. I looking for changing all the four alloys which are silver colour as of now to black.
Old 20th November 2018, 00:53   #243
BHPian

I have a 2017 TDI DSG Rapid Style LE version with 16” wheels. Had replaced stock apollos to XM2, stock size- 195/55 .The ride quality on potholed or bad roads is really not good, I get a feeling that it bottoms up on potholed roads . Also there is loud thud sound from suspension . I got it checked too during my first service, but SA said suspension is fine. I have to slow the car drastically to around single digit speeds (depending on road conditions) on roads with bad patches.
My other car is 2014 Swift Zxi, which has stiffer suspension setup than Rapid and swift literally glides over such potholed roads !
On the highways though, it’s another story. Rapid simply hugs the roads and the ride quality is really good and comfy.
Brigadier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 09:52   #244
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
I have already taken delivery of Style. I looking for changing all the four alloys which are silver colour as of now to black.
Congratulations buddy. We need pics, first you arrange that for us .

If it is only about the color, then rather than changing alloys you could approach a good FNG to re-paint the current alloys to black. It is very much cheaper compared to going for new alloys.

Last edited by pavi : 20th November 2018 at 09:53.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 14:49   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Congratulations buddy. We need pics, first you arrange that for us .
I was smitten by the Onyx/Edition variants hence, Mr.Mark underwent black wrapping asap. Before and after shots of Mr.Mark
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-20181118_180445_resized.jpg  

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-20181118_210629_resized.jpg  

Last edited by aadya : 20th November 2018 at 14:49. Reason: grammar/correction
aadya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 23:11   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
I was smitten by the Onyx/Edition variants hence, Mr.Mark underwent black wrapping asap. Before and after shots of Mr.Mark
Many congratulations!

How did you arrange for the wrapping? At the dealer-level in Skoda itself? Do they have the black ORVM caps? I know that Volkswagen has this as an accessory. In Volkswagen, you can get the sporty pedals too, for approx INR 7000/-.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 11:21   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Many congratulations!

How did you arrange for the wrapping? At the dealer-level in Skoda itself? Do they have the black ORVM caps? I know that Volkswagen has this as an accessory. In Volkswagen, you can get the sporty pedals too, for approx INR 7000/-.

Wrapping was done in 3m dealership. I think skoda dealership also outsources this job to ex 3m employees. Did not consider ORVM cap as the wrap would have same texture and shade as the roof wrap. Any tips on sourcing Black clubber alloys of the onyx edition? Somehow the dealer is wishy washy on procuring the alloys.

Last edited by aadya : 29th November 2018 at 11:24. Reason: additional info.
Old 9th December 2018, 19:08   #248
BHPian

Has anyone installed Philips Xtreme vision on their Rapids? It's H7 as mentioned in the sticker behind the headlamp unit - for both projector and high-beam. The reason I'm looking for Xtreme vision is because the stock headlamp throw and brightness is not good. I recently did a trip to Coorg and while coming back in the evening it was really difficult to keep up - inadequate headlamp performance.

I'm referring to these Philips halogens - https://www.amazon.in/Philips-12972X.../dp/B0794YV1CS

Please throw some light on this issue
Old 23rd December 2018, 12:10   #249

Hello everyone,

I'm considering a Rapid petrol manual for replacing my now almost 6 years old eon and confused between Style and Edition. Will be visiting the dealer and getting a test drive soon. But I'm confused over a few points.

1. As per the latest brochure, Edition is also available in Candy White. But some dealers still say it is only available in flash red. Has anyone seen an edition in White?

2. The brochure mentions only about 2 front airbags for the edition, But there were different says on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashv View Post
It has only 2 front Airbags, X edition is not yet registered by Skoda that is what the Sales person told me. If you are referring to LED DRL, Yes it's available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
Hi Yes just confirmed with the dealership The following is what they are saying about edition X

a) Edition X is cosmetic change on top of Style variant which costs 30K more than Style variant
b) This means it will have the two front airbags and two side airbags
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhu3112 View Post
What I gathered from the Skoda Sales team is that the Edition X only has 2 air bags (Though it is based on the Style Variant having 4 airbags). This is due to the ability of switching the seat covers in the Edition X. My edition X has 2 airbags.
Can any of the owners reconfirm this?

3. As per my understanding, edition gives me the following over style
  • Black roof, black OVRM, Full black grills, black tailgate spoilers, black diffusers
  • Black interiors
  • Black seats
  • Sporty flat bottom steering
  • Sporty pedals, door sill strips etc

Even though I love the look and fine touches, I hate the fact of missing front side airbags even after paying a premium if that's the case.
Old 25th December 2018, 12:42   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhammedsalimp View Post

1. As per the latest brochure, Edition is also available in Candy White. But some dealers still say it is only available in flash red. Has anyone seen an edition in White?

2. The brochure mentions only about 2 front airbags for the edition, But there were different says on this thread.

3. As per my understanding, edition gives me the following over style
  • Black roof, black OVRM, Full black grills, black tailgate spoilers, black diffusers
  • Black interiors
  • Black seats
  • Sporty flat bottom steering
  • Sporty pedals, door sill strips etc

Even though I love the look and fine touches, I hate the fact of missing front side airbags even after paying a premium if that's the case.
1. It is sure that the Edition X has only two airbags. It is because the seat covers are fitted at the dealer level, as they come as a kit. The style has a factory-fitted leather seat and has two side airbags.

2. Edition X is available in Candy White. I saw it in person at Tafe Access in St Marks Road in Bangalore. The Agra dealer, Shiel Autoworld, too has one in White as their test vehicle. However, the Tafe people say that you can get an Edition X only by Feb 19 as their inventory does not have one right now. Feb 19 means new price.

3. The Candy White Edition X at Tafe did not have a black tailgate spoiler but a white one. I asked the SA and he said it had come with white.

The dealer-level fittings, though genuine accessories, somehow did not give that look and finish of the original factory-fitted features.

For your reference, a few pictures here:

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img_20181212_142356.jpg

The rear (notice the spoiler here):

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img_20181212_142545.jpg

Interiors:

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img_20181212_142603.jpg

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img_20181212_142425.jpg

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img_20181212_142514.jpg

The pictures that the Agra dealer sent me in November (this vehicle has black spoiler, but its other fittings such as the roof foil etc were yet to be done):

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img20181124wa0011.jpg

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img20181124wa0010.jpg

Hope this helps.

I too have a doubt in general, to be raised to owners of the Rapid. How strong do you feel its roof metal to be? I have somehow felt it to be a little lighter when knocked from inside and when I compare it with Fiesta's. Hence I ask.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 25th December 2018 at 12:48.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 22:59   #251

Thank you very much @Vipin Kumar. Really helpful info and pics.

As you said, dealer level fittings feels a little bit down-market. Still, the Edition X looks lovely in white.

Meanwhile, I also visited the Calicut showroom and got some info. They didn't have an Edition X in white, but they showed a red one. Also confirmed that only 2 airbags are present. TD vehicles were not available on that particular day. So postponed the TD to next week.

They didn't mention the waiting period but I suppose new booking means Jan or Feb production with the new price. Anyway, I have decided to wait for some more time and explore more options.
Old 30th December 2018, 08:01   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhammedsalimp View Post

As you said, dealer level fittings feels a little bit down-market. Still, the Edition X looks lovely in white.

Anyway, I have decided to wait for some more time and explore more options.
That is true; I too prefer white when I go by issues of maintaining it. And I have the prospect of maintaining it in a city with mad traffic. Red makes a special case otherwise.

Seeing a couple of red Edition X in Kozhikode, Kannur and Payyanur, I felt that in these places, vehicles can be better maintained. And even red is fine. It looks very special, if you do not want to be that sober.

The dealer level fitting has problems in Edition X mainly with ref to the seat covers and the breadth of the spoiler. But on the other side, seat covers can be replaced when they are gone.

For me, the other main option is Verna top-end. Its driving dynamics is comparatively less exciting--that is one major issue in what could be an intelligent buy. Rapid might be replaced in another two years with a new model. Still, if one buys rapid with a view of keeping it for very long, there is no issue. I am now between these two possibilities
Old 1st March 2019, 23:48   #253
BHPian

Hey guys,

I have a 2017 Rapid 1.5 TDI (manual) that I'm planning to get remapped this week. Either Pete's or Quantum, still haven't decided. I assume the power would be bumped to around 135BHP and 300-320Nm.

Been searching the forums Any 1.5 TDI manual owners here who have remapped their cars and would care to share experiences?
Old 3rd March 2019, 20:57   #254
BHPian

Skoda cars are now available on lease in select cities

https://www.rushlane.com/skoda-india...-12299110.html
Old 5th March 2019, 17:51   #255
BHPian

Is the Rapid Monte Carlo worth considering? I'm torn between which sedan (C2) to purchase and can't make my mind up. Rapid seems to lack the engine to make me plump for it - and also lacks the moonroof that my 4yo son is insisting on (doesn't matter; he can stick to using the Octy), but the biggest bugbear for me is the 1.6 TSI. Even the Skoda sales guy (knows me from the Octy purchase last year) is recommending that I go with the Vento 1.2 TSI DSG instead, if I want drive quality.

Is the 1.6 really that bad? How is it on the MT?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks