Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2017, 00:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh

They should change the face little bit i guess. The grill is too big and doesn't suit. For TUV 500 they can do some changes to make it look better. Interiors are just fine apart from switches are in the middle of front row seats. Also TUV 500 should have dual AC which is missing in TUV 300. This will be good MPV for sure. Hope they will not mess up.
Old 27th January 2017, 11:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
They should change the face little bit i guess. The grill is too big and doesn't suit. For TUV 500 they can do some changes to make it look better. Interiors are just fine apart from switches are in the middle of front row seats. Also TUV 500 should have dual AC which is missing in TUV 300. This will be good MPV for sure. Hope they will not mess up.
Factory fit Projector lights, instead of rectangular fogs, normal round ones and ACC + dual AC and Mahindra is good to go! Oh Yes, please color B pillar black right from the start!
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 22:04   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahnidra's TUV 5OO (?) spied on test again!

The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh-mahindratuv5oo1.jpg
The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh-mahindratuv5oo2.jpg
The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh-mahindratuv5oo5.jpg
The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh-mahindratuv5oo6.jpg

Source- MotorVikantan
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 17:25   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra MPV caught testing in Chennai

Spotted testing on the outskirts of Chennai, with a Toyota Innova Crysta in tow as a benchmark car, by a Rush Lane spy.

Quote:
The prototype is fully camouflaged but the front fascia has a familiar Mahindra flavor to it.
The MPV prototype was reported to be accompanied by the new Innova Crysta, the new benchmark in the segment. The silhouette is typical of an MPV while the overall size appears to be pretty close to that its primary rival.
The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh-mahindrau321mpvspied1.jpg

The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh-mahindrau321mpvspied2.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 18:21   #35
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra MPV caught testing in Chennai

This is the TUV 500 or TUV 300 XL which is different than the Innova rivalling MPV that Mahindra is developing. The TUV 500 will just be a stretch of the TUV 300 based on Scorpio platform where as the new MPV will have a completely different shape & could be a monocoque (not sure about it).

More about TUV 500 here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-testing.html
Turbo_Charger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 18:25   #36
BHPian

IMO, the 1.9L mHAWK will likely be based on the current three pot mill from the TUV300. Since it has good NVH levels and has proven to be versatile, it make more sense to go with a three pot for their economy range of vehicles.
Old 22nd February 2017, 11:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

TUV300 with a longer wheel base is definitely a good idea. TUV300 in itself was a fairly well engineered vehicle in my view. Interior quality was notch up by Mahindra standards, infact i found plastics better than XUV500. Longer wheel base with bigger engine will give it genuine 7 seater credit at a reasonable price point. I dont think Mahindra will complain if it impacts Scorpio as long as its within the house and overall TAM increases. Some may complain about boxy design but then thats the whole design philosophy. Internationally many companies have such designs selling. Boxy designs always liberate lot more space inside.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:24   #38
BHPian

Let me ask what you all think. I can't really judge the size of the test mule for comparison, but do you think M&M could be planning to have the TUV 500 gain the 2.2L/1.9L, 6-speed auto, proper seating for 7 and perhaps the 4WD while phasing out/replacing two vehicles in one shot ( Xylo & Scorpio together) while bringing uniformity to their line-ups?

Last edited by daywiz : 22nd February 2017 at 12:25.
daywiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daywiz View Post
Let me ask what you all think. phasing out/replacing two vehicles in one shot ( Xylo & Scorpio together) while bringing uniformity to their line-ups?
Xylo - Yes, Scorpio - No. Scorpio is their bread and butter model (besides Bolero). The two will co-exist in the market. Expect TUV-500 to concur the rural markets and Scorpio to dominate the urban jungle (or Vice-versa).
Old 22nd February 2017, 13:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Let me ask what you all think. I can't really judge the size of the test mule for comparison, but do you think M&M could be planning to have the TUV 500 gain the 2.2L/1.9L, 6-speed auto, proper seating for 7 and perhaps the 4WD while phasing out/replacing two vehicles in one shot ( Xylo & Scorpio together) while bringing uniformity to their line-ups?
Xylo will be phased out for sure since there is an MPV in the making.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...g-chennai.html

Scorpio has a brand pull and does 3.5K units consistently and has a cult status, no way Mahindra will shut the doors on Scorpio

Quote:
TUV 500 gain the 2.2L/1.9L, 6-speed auto, proper seating for 7 and perhaps the 4WD
TUV 500 will not get the 4 WD since it would affect Scorpio, so Mahindra might want to keep 4WD to differentiate Scorpio. Remember that the TUV 300 (on which the TUV 500 is based) has better interiors and superior ergonomics than Scorpio

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 22nd February 2017 at 13:28.
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:26   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Xylo - Yes, Scorpio - No. Scorpio is their bread and butter model (besides Bolero).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Scorpio has a brand pull and does 3.5K units consistently and has a cult status, no way Mahindra will shut the doors on Scorpio
I had the same thought but then again wouldn't it be the same story of Nuvosport and TUV 300, one doing exceptionally well, the other bombing on multiple levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
The two will co-exist in the market. Expect TUV-500 to concur the rural markets and Scorpio to dominate the urban jungle (or Vice-versa).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Xylo will be phased out for sure since there is an MPV in the making.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...g-chennai.html

TUV 500 will not get the 4 WD since it would affect Scorpio, so Mahindra might want to keep 4WD to differentiate Scorpio. Remember that the TUV 300 (on which the TUV 500 is based) has better interiors and superior ergonomics than Scorpio
So technically TUV 500 will become as large as the Scorpio (maybe a touch wider too), acquire a similar engine, transmissions and have better interior and superior ergonomics. Wouldn't that situation itself cannibalize the Scorpio's sales. I'm still failing to see how it would make business sense ( even utilizing economies of scale) unless of course only a 4WD and slightly altered looks become differentiators. Even that difference can only get them to succeed so far. Maybe they are considering international markets?
Old 22nd February 2017, 16:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm still failing to see how it would make business sense ( even utilizing economies of scale) unless of course only a 4WD and slightly altered looks become differentiators. Even that difference can only get them to succeed so far. Maybe they are considering international markets?
Think of Mahindra doing a Maruti here. Same engine, different states of tune for varied levels of performance/utilities.
Old 16th March 2017, 10:29   #43
BHPian

Slightly off topic, recently came across an article on motoroids regarding a SUV based on Mahindra Imperio. I personally feel Imperio looks good except that loading bay, which mahindra could have put some effort into but may be their designers were too tired and underpaid to stretch their imagination to the end.
I also feel that TUV 500 will look more proportionate and better than TUV 300, but this pic of Imperio based suv is just too good to not share, only if Mahindra could see it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh-mahindraimperiobasedsuv750x380.jpg  

wrongturn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 13:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

If the TUV 500 is indeed a replacement for the Xylo, let's hope that it at least provides the same (single) USP of the Xylo - usable third row seats
PS: I am a bit skeptic, due to the slanting rear wind screen of the TUV 500

Last edited by jinojohnt : 16th March 2017 at 13:25.
Old 14th May 2017, 14:28   #45
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted the TUV500 in Panvel today. At first I was wondering why would Mahindra want to hide the TUV ... Then it struck us this TUV was longer than the 300.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh-20170514_114612.jpg  

v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed