Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2017, 09:44   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh

Makes me wonder if the lukewarm success of TUV300 has prompted Mahindra to look at the people mover segment to bolster sales.
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 09:52   #122
BHPian

This is bizzare! I mean even hacks will go, "do not call that a hack-job!"

It makes absolutely no sense, they haven't even made an attempt to extend that shoulder line beyond the length of the original vehicle!

It's like the team that worked on creating extended masterpieces like the 'Bolero XL' & the Mahindra 'Maxx' were the only ones that could be spared for the job.

What's so bizarre is that it's not like this is so out of place and ugly due to the fact that they're attempting to use parts from the parts bin and keeping costs down. The taillight, bumper & D pillar all seem new! Can't seem to remember another Mahindra with those parts.

Sheesh!

P.S. This looks like it is going to have side facing rear seats. Only way this makes sense, is by pricing it in Bolero territory - just above. But I dunno how Mahindra can do that.

Last edited by da_lowrider : 1st November 2017 at 10:03.
da_lowrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 10:12   #123
BHPian

Side view of the rear bumper may look better in higher models with body colour bumpers. Regarding tail light, they should have simply kept it straight and merged upward with D pillar instead of extending it beyond.
Old 1st November 2017, 10:50   #124
BHPian

It does look wierd in these pics hope it will look better in the higher variants with body color bumpers.

This variant as obvious is the bare bones lowest variant and it comes with 215/70/16 size tyres, so probably the higher variants might come with 235/65/17 tyres similar to Scorpio.
mHawk D120 might me the new moniker for 1.99L engine producing 120 BHP this engine was used in XUV & Scorpio during the <2.0L ban in NCR, the original mHawk engine is 2.2L

First the stupid naming strategy to call it TUV 300 Plus (which reminds of Hero's Splendor plus, passion plus etc.). I always thought a full blown TUV would look so much better, but these pics aren't looking like it. But given the tyre upsize to R17 and the road presence of TUV300, this might look better than what we see in these pics.
Something like this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4254387

Last edited by wrongturn : 1st November 2017 at 10:52.
wrongturn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 11:00   #125
Senior - BHPian

This says TUV3OO Plus, does that mean it will be sold alongside TUV3OO?
Old 1st November 2017, 11:04   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
This says TUV3OO Plus, does that mean it will be sold alongside TUV3OO?
Yes, I would like to believe so. TUV 300 Plus and normal variant will sell alongside, like most Boleros are sold (high roof and normal). Eventually, they may phase out the current variant, if there is no demand for it and the price difference isnt much.

May be that could be the reason, they launched the T10 variant, so sell off existing inventory?
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 11:08   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Got these pics on whatsapp and it looks to be the T4 base variant

Attachment 1691251
Looks like the base variant will be called P4. Wonder where they got the idea from?

The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh-whatsapp-image-20171031gfghf.jpg
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 11:12   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Looks like the base variant will be called P4. Wonder where they got the idea from?
I think P stands for "Plus" T = TUV, S = Scorpio. Don't know why XUV variants are W.
Old 1st November 2017, 11:14   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

More details of the TUV Plus,
- Mahindra TUV300 Plus to replace Xylo
- to come with a 120hp, 1.99-litre engine.
- SUV will be available in multiple seating configurations, with the lower spec trims getting as many as nine seats.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 11:20   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

I am one of those rare few guys who feel this design looks much more proportionate. In the TUV300, I always felt the rear ended abruptly and was too much slab like. This Plus model is elongated till the right length and has a more curved, smooth rear. I even like the tail lamps and find them better than the current ones. The slanting door design remains and continues to look odd though.

Now if someone can do a similar job to the front as well or even better, plaster the front end of the NuvoSport on to this Plus model and I would like the design a lot. Yes, I just can't digest the looks of the TUV300 even today. Looks are subjective, no offence to current owners.

On a side note, I couldn't recollect the name Nuvosport even after think for quite some time. Had to Google as Quanto refresh model name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
- SUV will be available in multiple seating configurations, with the lower spec trims getting as many as nine seats.
Nine seats means 2+3+4 seating layout, similar to Bolero XL (or was it Plus?) layout. IMO, the Xylo was looked and seemed more refined than this. But slowly and sadly its demand kept falling due to Bolero at the lower end and Innova at the upper end.

Last edited by ashis89 : 1st November 2017 at 11:41.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 11:21   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I think P stands for "Plus" T = TUV, S = Scorpio. Don't know why XUV variants are W.
Code name for XUV during development and testing was W201. And they stuck with the convention for variants. That time, all their other models were still selling with variant names like lx/slx/vlx etc. New launches ever since the XUV have carried this new nomeclature - an alphabet followed by a digit.

Frankly, I like this scheme better than the confusing alphabets only or alpha beta gamma names.
Old 1st November 2017, 11:34   #132
Senior - BHPian

I feel the vehicle looks fine if we all just remind ourselves that the donor car was not exactly a winner at beauty pageants.
The top end should most likely look better than this.

This is a practical design to ensure roominess for all 3 rows. It will find new homes with people who care less about looks and more about practicality.

The upcoming SUV/MUV from Mahindra - U321 will suit the segment of people who probably want some curves and better looks
Old 1st November 2017, 11:48   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I am one of those rare few guys who feel this design looks much more proportionate. In the TUV300, I always felt the rear ended abruptly and was too much slab like. This Plus model is elongated till the right length and has a more curved, smooth rear. I even like the tail lamps and find them better than the current ones.
Count me in, too. I think, too, that this looks good. Better than rear-chopped TUV300. The reason many find it ugly probably has to do with the lower-variant looks. Many cars suffer from this. Brezza, for example. The top-end two-tone Brezza looks smashing but the low-variant single colour (especially white) looks so unattractive. Coming to TUV300plus, if the B-pillar is blackened along with thin strip door-frames and if bumpers are body-coloured, I'm pretty sure it will looks much better than in the pics above, especially in dark shades. And lastly, we call Tata / Mahindra cars UGLY without hesitation but in case of other revered brands, it's always "looks are subjective". Why this bias?
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 12:00   #134
BANNED

A crude "Photoshopping" on the spy pic gave me this. Can some manufacturers in India give us clean design SUVs rather than complicated and over-done designs? Seems like Mercedes GLS is the only one!
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh-6.jpg  

The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh-6_1.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 1st November 2017 at 12:15.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 12:02   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Link
If it comes with Automatic from Aisin, I am sorted. This will be my next "Suv/Muv"
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks