Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2020, 16:06   #961
BANNED

re: The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
What would be the power specs for the range topping AT models in both Deisel and Petrol variants?

How are the NVH levels for both Petrol and Deisel versions in their Hard Top form?
Is that an auto dimming IRVM ??
Old 7th August 2020, 16:24   #962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
More Pics incoming..
The tail light on left side in last image doesn't seem to be aligned properly. I hope it's a one off issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Jeepers don't flame mer. But a rear wash/wipe and typical Mahindra style front armrests would have been a nice round off.
If you look at the rear windshield, it appears to be a separate unit and not linked to the rear gate. The glass appears to be fixed on top and can be opened as a hatch like in Brio, the tailgate in normal way and the glass as a hatch. That could be a reason for missing rear wash/wipe. Or maybe the whole tailgate lifts up?!

Last edited by BoneCollector : 7th August 2020 at 16:47.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 16:27   #963
BHPian

Loving everything I see here. Coming from old gen TUV, I can see some common bits. Spare tyre, steering wheel and window buttons in middle.

H/T tires on this beast? Seriously Mahindra? Slap some A/T or M/T tires please.
Old 7th August 2020, 16:28   #964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
More Pics incoming..
Yep. That's it. There is no market for the Jimny in India. Maruti better not launch it here. Period. Its too late now. They were either too lazy - or extremely smart in Gurgaon.

For all the advancement 360 degree that M&M has achieved, the grab handles for the rear passengers take the cake by a large margin. Nylon straps really?

Also - it looks like the rear speakers are mounted on the roof, just behind the head of the front 2 occupants. Going to be interesting listening to music. Tried to mark it in red boxes here.

The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-tharspeaker.jpg

Perhaps they should have provided slider / butterfly opening windows in the rear. Currently the rear passengers seem to be at the mercy of front windows & AC completely.
  1. There could have been a better plastic cladding around the carpet over the rear wheel arches besides rear passengers.
  2. It is FANTASTIC that Mahindra has given adjustable head restraints in the rear seats. Thanks M&M for keeping safety in mind.

Last edited by Reinhard : 7th August 2020 at 16:48.
Reinhard is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 16:30   #965
Senior - BHPian

Looks like M&M have chosen Ceat Czar A/T instead of Bridgestone as OE tyres this time. Would be interesting to see if they turn out to be as durable as the Bridgestones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
H/T tires on this beast? Seriously Mahindra? Slap some A/T or M/T tires please.
They are A/T. You can see it if you zoom the second last photo.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 7th August 2020 at 16:32.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 16:44   #966
BHPian

This is simply awesome. I have seen the leaks before, but these pictures, with that color & modernization, makes me want to get one so desperately.

Only doubt I have is, will this be just as rugged as the previous gen? With all the shiny bits.

Neo

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th August 2020 at 19:22. Reason: Quoted post removed.
neo_narender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 16:45   #967

At the rear, looks a crude finish on the sides or is it because this is still a test mule. Dear Mahindra, Dont disappoint this time
yrwagh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 16:50   #968
BHPian

Wow! Looks worth the wait. I hope AT is available from day 1. With some good mods and tyre upgrade, this will be kickass. This will surely take Mahindra to the next level. They could have used beefier wiper assembly. Looks out of place on this machine.
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 16:55   #969
VRJ
BHPian

Loveee the Thar and the new colour shade it’s coming with. The interiors are good enough to live with everyday and I love how the side foot step is integrated with the side fenders. The alloys are great too. This is probably the high-end as it has multimedia screen, power windows, alloys, leather seats and a hard top. This looks great in its stock form. Brilliant job by Mahindra.
Mahindra has nailed the exterior and the interior, the only and the most important question that remains unanswered at the moment is how well it drives. Fingers crossed. I’m already 70% sold, if it drives well too, I will purchase one in Jan 2021.
VRJ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 16:58   #970
BHPian

My First impression:

Front wiper - Couldn't they have concealed it little bit ?
The rear window area (inside) - looks completely industrial.
And the rear of the car(tail light area) looks kind of imbalanced compared to the beautiful rest of the body.

The butch-'ness' factor - Excellent, was anyways aware of it from the test mules seen.

Last edited by petrol_power : 7th August 2020 at 17:04.
petrol_power is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 17:01   #971
Distinguished - BHPian

The rear left taillight is misaligned for some reason triggering my OCD! Also the rear fog lights are protuding out at the ends on both sides(this is probably the design though).

Overall looking a worthy package compared to the current gen.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 17:04   #972
BHPian

That silver coloured Thar branding placard on the door pad looks so cool , it has a lot wider and planted stance too.
However are those the window controls besides the handbrake? If so then that is not a very ergonomic position.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 17:04   #973
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
appears to be fixed on top and can be opened as a hatch like in Brio, the tailgate in normal way and the glass as a hatch. That could be a reason for missing rear wash/wipe. Or maybe the whole tailgate lifts up?!
No way the tailgate is going to be fully lift up.
You are absolutely spot on.
The rear is designed like that. Just like the Wrangler's. And the Wrangler has the rear wash/wipe.

Wouldn't have talked about the rear wash/wipe, if the rear defogger was not there. Supposed to be easily removable hardtop.
But since they have already given the defogger, could have worked a way to fit a rear wash/wipe.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 17:12   #974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
However are those the window controls besides the handbrake? If so then that is not a very ergonomic position.
Trust me - it is a good placement, especially in our conditions. And most certainly in what is a thoroughbred 4x4 off roader. When windows are opened - rain water, mud anything falls on the switchgear in door panels. These electronic buttons are better off away from all of it.

Last edited by Reinhard : 7th August 2020 at 17:13.
Reinhard is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 17:15   #975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Yep. That's it. There is no market for the Jimny in India. Maruti better not launch it here. Period. Its too late now.
I agree. Just look at new Thar. Those butch looks and proper 6-speed TC AT in petrol and diesel AND cruise control. Maruti is already 2 years too late and even if they launch it here, it will come with the same old 4-speed TC unit doing duty in all of their cars. No, thank you.

New Thar and Sonet D-AT will be the best of this year's new launches. I didn't include new Creta because I'm yet to get over its looks. Waiting eagerly for the launch of new Thar. Mahindra, please price it well and it will be a super runaway success. Jeep is a classic eternal body-shape which never goes out of fashion. Cars may come and cars may go but a Jeep is forever.
pgsagar is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks