Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 15:42   #526
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

All the damage on the running board and quarter panel can be fixed and got back to new. There are no functional parts involved here. Transit damages are common in India. There is no need for the car to be sent back to factory to repair this damage, it can be done at the dealer body shop and painted. Boot lid can be replaced with that from another car. But if its minor, it can be tinkered and painted also.

It would be finally your call if you want to wait and take delivery of an all new car or negotiate a discount for this damage, get it repaired from them and start driving.
Old 25th October 2017, 15:49   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
dented/scratched or they will do a tinkering job and send back the car.

I am wondering if it is safe to even consider the option of going in for a car that had cosmetic damage during transit and later fixed at the factory.
If it was my money I will surely avoid this car. No way a repaint will be as good as original. After few months there maybe a different shade compared to other panels.

Knowing Skoda, I'm sure they will not give you any discount but will just repaint it and sell it to another eager and innocent customer if you avoid it.
stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 16:06   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However, I was informed by the dealership that a couple of cars got damaged during transit from the factory due to a retainer belt getting cut in the truck in which the cars were being transported.
Like others had mentioned, cancel the booking, book for the next slot and try some other dealer if possible. I know this is frustrating especially when you had waited so long for the beast. But I do feel they will just repair it at the showroom itself and hand it over to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Am surprised that they are open and honest abut this. Most dealers would merely send the car to the body shop, do a damn good job and sell that car on!
Guess they disclosed this because they had taken some beating recently so might have felt it's better to disclose this rather than hiding it. And they might have learned that he's a BHPian and didnt want another thread up and running bashing Vinayak Skoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Cosmetic damage during transportation isn't something new. It happens a lot of times.
True. I had spotted this right outside the Benz showroom last year. Wonder what happened to the cars below this .

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img_20150827_182735.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img_20150827_182749.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 16:52   #529
BHPian

Quote:
I
I am wondering if it is safe to even consider the option of going in for a car that had cosmetic damage during transit and later fixed at the factory.
According to me, you should talk to the dealer about the discount they will be offering for taking a repaired car. I don't think this will be sent to the factory. It will be repaired at the workshop. They are well equipped to deal with minor damages.

Transit damages can happen because things fail but you should be compensated for it. Good thing is that the dealer was honest with you and showed you the car in as is condition and didn't try to repair it without you even knowing.
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 22:18   #530
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 5th November 2017 at 15:22.
sundeep is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th October 2017, 00:31   #531
BHPian

Dear All, thank you for your advice and opinions. I have decided not to go for the repaired car (at factory or elsewhere) and wait for the new lot. I may not get the choice of colour I want but I will have peace of mind later after spending 30+ lakhs on a car.

I have asked the dealer to refund my booking and as of now they have acknowledged my request to refund.

My wait for the VRS continues....
Maibaa is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 01:37   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All, thank you for your advice and opinions. I have decided not to go for the repaired car (at factory or elsewhere) and wait for the new lot. I may not get the choice of colour I want but I will have peace of mind later after spending 30+ lakhs on a car.
Glad to read that man, When your paying such an amount for a new car why go around looking for peanuts worth of discount for a repaired car, I would have done exactly the same.

Wait would be surely worth it man.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 20:31   #533
BHPian

Finally took delivery of my Steel Grey Skoda Octavia RS on 22nd last Sunday. Did not get time to update you all as was busy with work.

Now coming to the color about which I was apprehensive about , let me tell you that this color is a LOOKER! Where ever I've been in the last few days, I've very quickly attained celebrity status.

Stuck in the traffic signal you get a lot of people staring at the car and taking pics. I've even had people walk around the car twice once when I was in a popular Cafe in my city. The waiter also complemented on the awesome color of the car. Need I say more? So any of you all still in doubt, just go ahead and get it when it becomes available again.

Will try to upload some pics this weekend. I took delivery from Cochin and drove to my hometown Calicut. So covered about 200 odd Kms and not much after that. Looking ahead for this weekend so that I can have a proper spin in the beast.

And in case any of you are in the lookout for an RS, I've a red one which was cancelled in one of the showrooms I know. Would be more than glad to patch you through.
bb8778 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 21:44   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb8778 View Post
Finally took delivery of my Steel Grey Skoda Octavia RS on 22nd last Sunday. Did not get time to update you all as was busy with work.

Now coming to the color about which I was apprehensive about , let me tell you that this color is a LOOKER! Where ever I've been in the last few days, I've very quickly attained celebrity status.

And in case any of you are in the lookout for an RS, I've a red one which was cancelled in one of the showrooms I know. Would be more than glad to patch you through.
Congrats!! A few pics please. I don't recollect seeing the Steel Grey color here.

As for the Red RS, did you see a few posts above where one of our fellow BHPians cancelled his red vRS because it was damaged in transit? Hopefully, it's not the same.
Old 26th October 2017, 22:46   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have asked the dealer to refund my booking and as of now they have acknowledged my request to refund.

My wait for the VRS continues....
Oops sorry to hear this. To be that close to delivery and then have to cancel due to damage is really tough on you!

Good of Vinayak Skoda to be upfront about it to you, and hope the refund goes smoothly.
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 22:47   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Congrats!! A few pics please. I don't recollect seeing the Steel Grey color here.

As for the Red RS, did you see a few posts above where one of our fellow BHPians cancelled his red vRS because it was damaged in transit? Hopefully, it's not the same.
Haha thanks dude.

Yeah I did go through the thread and was expecting this question. No it certainly is not the same one as I'm in KL. The PDI is also not done. It is in as arrived from factory condition. The guy had to cancel due to some unforeseen circumstances.

So someone who wants the RS in red consider themselves very lucky.
bb8778 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 23:08   #537
BHPian

Sharing some pics taken on the day of delivery.

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20171027wa0003.jpg

That's me with the bouquet in hand along with my cousins Aginov, Ameeth and my friend Chinnu Ram.

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20171027wa0001.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20171027wa0002.jpg
bb8778 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 19:58   #538
BHPian

Here's something worth discussing. An Octavia RS with some APR modifications achieved a very high top speed. Here are the list of mods:
APR Stage 2 Remap
APR Conical Air Filter
APR Carbon Fibre Intake with oil catch can.
APR Turbo Muffler delete
APR Downpipe

I COMPLETELY hate how they are pushing the car on an Indian highway and endangering the lives of so many people. I think all of us at Team-BHP would agree that this is VERY unsafe.

Source

Last edited by Aditya : 29th October 2017 at 16:40. Reason: Video link not working, removed
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 23:12   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new ride. On a side note, tell your cousin, Ameeth that KD says hi. Small world indeed!!
krishnadevjs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 00:05   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on a beautiful car! The Steel Grey looks subtle but elegant. It cna look a bit dull but it performs brilliantly as a sleeper!

The colour is unique and that actually attracts more eyeballs.

Wish you lots of happy and safe driving.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks