Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2017, 22:28   #451
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Got to see something special - the way a "still in a run-in period, not exceeding 5000 rpm" speed 97 run Octavia RS decimated and dominated a 320D M Sport over multiple sea link runs was simply astonishing. Almost like the way a 320d decimates a Polo GT TSI in a rolling start.

I guess the real competition is the 330i and the 530d. 2 litre diesels just don't cut it.
The 320d wouldn't stand a chance. The vRS has around 40bhp advantage. Now a tuned 320d versus this would be interesting to see.
Old 1st October 2017, 22:32   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
The 320d wouldn't stand a chance. The vRS has around 40bhp advantage. Now a tuned 320d versus this would be interesting to see.
True. This had the dealer installed power kit with launch control activated etc (AFAIK - 196bhp, 400nm?). Yes, I guess a far more aggressive aftermarket remap would be necessary to be in a 320d to get into the same photoframe as a stock RS.

A remapped RS..game over.
d_himan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 23:08   #453
BHPian

Quote:
True. This had the dealer installed power kit with launch control activated etc (AFAIK - 196bhp, 400nm?). Yes, I guess a far more aggressive aftermarket remap would be necessary to be in a 320d to get into the same photoframe as a stock RS.

It was my car and i dont know what information you got on this. There were multiple rolling starts. 20/30/40

20- vrs is not even in the frame. Too much turbo lag.
30- vrs is behind for atleast 500-600 mts initally then neck to neck.
40- its neck to neck and then vrs leads.

Now how u compare this is upto you. But if you to a standstill start with launch control
Quarter mile 320d mppk should win.

Hope this clarifies

Cheers
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 23:45   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
It was my car and i dont know what information you got on this. There were multiple rolling starts. 20/30/40

20- vrs is not even in the frame. Too much turbo lag.
30- vrs is behind for atleast 500-600 mts initally then neck to neck.
40- its neck to neck and then vrs leads.

Now how u compare this is upto you. But if you to a standstill start with launch control
Quarter mile 320d mppk should win.

Hope this clarifies

Cheers
Wow, that's a nice breakdown! #respect!

A proper launch control + quarter mile run is definitely due with a RS...But a new RS would have to be found!

The only reason I say is because we both know the ultra-careful owner of the RS will maybe use launch control once every 3 years and will have tears in his eyes if the engine revs to 6k
Old 2nd October 2017, 15:30   #455

So, finally the day I had been waiting for- the delivery date of my own VRS.

29th September- I was finally handed the key of my new lady- and what a beauty she is; worth every single second I have drooled over her- and spend countless hours watching every single video on Internet which said "VRS"- impatiently waiting for this very day.

The pictures you see will tell you exactly how I felt- the mile long grin on my face only partly expresses my emotions the moment I set my hand on her.

First- a friends of mine also picked up one on 21st- So first stop after bestowing God's blessing on my ride was to catch up with him for a photo opportunity. The fact that mother nature decided to open up only set us up for some better photos. Fact- My friend has been riding his VRS in Mumbai for 9-10 days, and mine was only the second one he saw on road-

Now to the ride itself- I have a very important question- Do I need to Run In/ Season the engine for 1000km odd, or can I use all 230 horses from the word go. I am trying really hard to keep my right foot under check- but it does act naughty once in a while- and the resultant sound and acceleration only widens my grin. I am in big trouble.

I liked the ride comfort, and did not find it too stiff or firm as observed by some friends here- However, that is just my opinion.

The sounds she makes when upshifting in sports mode is absolutely insane. I was literally the centre of attention where ever I went. One, she looks like nothing on road, Two, Steel Grey- what a colour (For any one in doubt about Steel Grey as an option- please go for it- you will only thank me later- the colour has attracted so many compliments already, wohooo!!), and Third- the way she sounds- she is a dream machine in every sense of the word.

The equipment list is already known to all- she is loaded to the T. By the way- for the uninitiated- I just discovered that if you connect to your car through Skoda One App, using mirrorlink- you can see all car Telemetric data on either phone or car display- for the child in all of us. HP, Steering Inputs, Brake, Throttle, G load etc etc- only thing not registering is Torque value- thought the dial is provided?? Wondering how to get to work. Any suggestions or tips.

Enjoy the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-20170929_161651.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-20170929_184916effects.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-20170929_205848.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-20170929_210143.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-20170930_180614.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-20170930_180635.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-20170930_180658.jpg  

Kush Agarwal is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 21:07   #456
BHPian

Congratulations everyone on picking up the VRS, can't ever say no to a performance petrol car.
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:31   #457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is what a stage 3 Revo tuned Octavia RS does
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 12:02   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
This is what a stage 3 Revo tuned Octavia RS does
This is a completely different beast. Turbo upgrade and everything. Cant call this a "remapped" RS.

Go extremely hardcore on a BMW 320d as well if you want.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd October 2017 at 12:41. Reason: Removing video link from quoted post. Thanks.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 12:05   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
This is a completely different beast. Turbo upgrade and everything. Cant call this a "remapped" RS.
That's why I mentioned it as stage 3 . It has IS38 turbo, stage 3 Revo map and other supporting mods.
Old 3rd October 2017, 12:19   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush Agarwal View Post
Congratulations Kuch! Wishing you miles and miles of fun motoring your baby.

Quote:
Fact- My friend has been riding his VRS in Mumbai for 9-10 days, and mine was only the second one he saw on road-
There are the lot of RS cars doing rounds in town. I've myself been driving her since almost a month and have spotted 3 more cars in Grey, Red and White.

Quote:
Do I need to Run In/ Season the engine for 1000km odd, or can I use all 230 horses from the word go.
Yes you do. Even the manual instructs to use 2/3rd of the revs till 1000 kms.

Quote:
I just discovered that if you connect to your car through Skoda One App, using mirrorlink- you can see all car Telemetric data on either phone or car display- for the child in all of us. HP, Steering Inputs, Brake, Throttle, G load etc etc- only thing not registering is Torque value- thought the dial is provided?? Wondering how to get to work. Any suggestions or tips.
It is surely an amazing app for the car. Attaching a picture from my drive last night
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-file3.jpeg
esma1981 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 18:07   #461

Wow skodas moving RS's by the dozen.
Congrats Kush,i think i might have seen your car in lokhandwala the other day.
Speaking of running in, manual mode revs to 7k rpm, i hope the user manual considers that when it says two thirds of max engine speed.
on a side note,i'm having trouble ordering from superskoda.com,since they don't offer PayPal as a mode for payment,is it a safe enough portal for bank transfer?
Old 3rd October 2017, 23:34   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The pictures you see will tell you exactly how I felt- the mile long grin on my face only partly expresses my emotions the moment I set my hand on her.
Wow! You're a fortunate man, Kush Agarwal. And who in their right minds not grin wide over a VRS in Nardo Grey(steel in India)? Absolutely not possible, not to.

Congratulations BHPian and wishing you miles of motoring fun & nirvana. Take care of her and yourself.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 06:16   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Congratulations Kuch! Wishing you miles and miles of fun motoring your baby.

Yes you do. Even the manual instructs to use 2/3rd of the revs till 1000 kms.
Thanks Esma1981. I looked it up in the owners manual, and infact found it mentioned on page 210. To quote- this is what the manual reads-

"Run in engine

During the first 1,500 km, the driving manner determines the quality of the
running in process on a new engine.

During the first 1,000 km, the engine should not be charged with more than 3/4 of the maximum permitted engine revs and without the trailer.

In the area of 1,000 to 1,500 kilometres, the engine load can be increased up to the maximum permitted engine speed."

My only grievance is- This information should be pasted on the car windshield in big bold letters- in red colour with a flashing neon sign. A RS owner needs to know this asap and not discover it on page 210 of the manual; because by the time you get to page 210, you are probably 5000km down, and will have a "Oh crap!!!" moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish Karkera View Post
Speaking of running in, manual mode revs to 7k rpm, i hope the user manual considers that when it says two thirds of max engine speed.
I belive rev limits are 3000 in D mode, 6000 in S mode and 6700 in Manual. However, I have seen engine rev higher than 3000 in D mode depending on how aggressive your throttle inputs are.

Quote:
on a side note,i'm having trouble ordering from superskoda.com,since they don't offer PayPal as a mode for payment,is it a safe enough portal for bank transfer?
What's superskoda.com??

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Wow! You're a fortunate man, Kush Agarwal. And who in their right minds not grin wide over a VRS in Nardo Grey(steel in India)? Absolutely not possible, not to.

Congratulations BHPian and wishing you miles of motoring fun & nirvana. Take care of her and yourself.
Thanks Ajay.
Kush Agarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 10:29   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Try skodadop.com. I haven't been able to use superskoda due to the same issue.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 12:08   #465
BHPian

Quote:

29th September- I was finally handed the key of my new lady- and what a beauty she is;
Congrats! I am starting to like this color more and more. It's definitely a unique color and it kinda goes well with the rest of the theme. Very subtle.

Wishing you many miles of happy motoring.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks