Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2017, 07:42   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

First Lot of New Skoda Octavia RS Sold Out. This means that all the units allotted for the Indian market have been sold out.

The next batch will be available by February 2018.

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th October 2017 at 07:43.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 20:15   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Exactly what I was asking in the other thread. They are standard in UK for example on Superb...
The springs on Octavia/Superb sold in UK are shorter than the ones used as part of rough road package springs in India (which is standard in cars for India and optional in EU). This could be a reason if spacers are not used in the standard Octavia/Superb dispatched to dealerships in India.
avinash_clt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 13:45   #483
BHPian

Anyone has a clue on how exactly does maneuver braking works in Octavia RS? It flashed on my matrix display during a particular crawling traffic and I got the sensation of braking being applied on its own!

I have tried reading up on it in the Indian version context but haven't seen any specific content.
Old 16th October 2017, 14:19   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Anyone has a clue on how exactly does maneuver braking works in Octavia RS? It flashed on my matrix display during a particular crawling traffic and I got the sensation of braking being applied on its own!

I have tried reading up on it in the Indian version context but haven't seen any specific content.
No... that's not it.

Put your car in reverse gear, then start backing up towards a fixed object(a wall or somethibg). Keep a close eye on the camera to ensure you dont actually hit it. Be slow.

As you go too close, the car will brake itself. Very abruptly and with a huge jerk.

That is manoeuvre braking.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 15:12   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
No... that's not it.

Put your car in reverse gear, then start backing up towards a fixed object(a wall or somethibg). Keep a close eye on the camera to ensure you dont actually hit it. Be slow.

As you go too close, the car will brake itself. Very abruptly and with a huge jerk.

Nikhil,

That is what I have read too which is why I couldn't figure out why I got the message and the jerk while crawling forward in the traffic. Unless I engaged reverse without knowing it! Let me keep an eye out for this further.
Hells Bells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 15:19   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
No... that's not it.

A little bit like the City Safety Assistance (or whatever Volvo calls it), in the S60?
Had driven that, and on a round about it auto-applied the brakes as it felt it was on a collision course with another vehicle/obstacle.
Old 16th October 2017, 15:33   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
A little bit like the City Safety Assistance (or whatever Volvo calls it), in the S60?
Had driven that, and on a round about it auto-applied the brakes as it felt it was on a collision course with another vehicle/obstacle.
I guess the Volvo feature was independent of the direction of the car? The Octavia one is mentioned in the context of reversing so I am wondering if the rear sensors still got confused with a car in the rear even when I was not in reverse?
Hells Bells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 11:23   #488
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nikhil,

That is what I have read too which is why I couldn't figure out why I got the message and the jerk while crawling forward in the traffic. Unless I engaged reverse without knowing it! Let me keep an eye out for this further.
Were your parking sensors coming on automatically? Because the braking works for objects in front too. If the sensors were on, and you were too close to someone even while moving ahead, it would brake.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 11:35   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Were your parking sensors coming on automatically? Because the braking works for objects in front too. If the sensors were on, and you were too close to someone even while moving ahead, it would brake.
Ohh. Akshay, you sure on this as then I can't keep the sensors setting to automatic in Bangalore considering how close the traffic creeps up!

I have them off as of now as I was looking to check out the setting either ways but with this insight, they remain off for this setting. It was very disconcerting to find myself getting braked when I had applied none. My first thought was - crap, is this what I have read on Skoda all along! Things happening with no explanation.
Old 17th October 2017, 11:51   #490
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ohh. Akshay, you sure on this as then I can't keep the sensors setting to automatic in Bangalore considering how close the traffic creeps up!

I have them off as of now as I was looking to check out the setting either ways but with this insight, they remain off for this setting. It was very disconcerting to find myself getting braked when I had applied none. My first thought was - crap, is this what I have read on Skoda all along! Things happening with no explanation.
Yes I think it happened to me once too, so figured it must have been the auto braking. But to confirm why not try it out, how nikhil mentioned, except in the forward direction?
Old 19th October 2017, 02:59   #491
Senior - BHPian

The has to be the first time a true performance edition of a car has sold out. If you look at your options right up to 50 lac, the vRs is about the only car that is performance oriented. The rest are all badge jobs with 2l diesel engines.

I guess practicality is important in our market. The VW GTI could not achieve this.
sandeepmohan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 08:15   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There is a separate option in HU for Maneouvre braking in my Superb - you should check if vrs has the same - you could turn this OFF.
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 08:29   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
First Lot of New Skoda Octavia RS Sold Out. This means that all the units allotted for the Indian market have been sold out.

The next batch will be available by February 2018.

link
The link doesn't give the numbers sold. Any idea?
Old 19th October 2017, 10:01   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
There is a separate option in HU for Maneouvre braking in my Superb - you should check if vrs has the same - you could turn this OFF.
Yes, there is and I have switched it off for now till I get to test it out as Akshay mentioned.
Old 19th October 2017, 10:32   #495
BHPian

I've had Manoeuvre braking on since I've been driving the RS and feel it's worth keeping on for Mumbai. It has stopped twice for me when bikers rode across my front when I was about to join a road and once when I was going to reverse into another car during night time. All 3 instances were at crawling speed when the parking sensors were on automatically, so no issue of getting rearended.

Last edited by esma1981 : 19th October 2017 at 10:40.
esma1981 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks