Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2006, 21:51   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
The doors did not shut with an assuring thud.
Forget that of a Maruti
Old 7th December 2006, 22:27   #137
Senior - BHPian

had a look at the new zen today...it looks real real ugly...side profile of a matiz...front lower A pillar looks like its been taken out of a Nhc...looks like a wagon r in some places.PLEASE MARUTI BRING BACK THE OLD ZEN !!!!!!!!
Old 8th December 2006, 00:13   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Just saw the car at Sai Service with some friends.
Noticed a few things,
- Legroom is quite decent however the the rear seat headrest is placed uncomfortably and the headroom is quite poor.
- Looks aren't all that good. Noticeable quality difference between the paint of the body and door handles.
- Interiors weren't all that appealing. Must be because i had high expectations. they were decent though but a bit too beige.

Overall, i wasn't impressed with the car. Would prefer buying a Santro/Getz/Palio still.
Cheers
Old 8th December 2006, 01:08   #139
BHPian

I personally did't like the rear shape of the car, looks like an Alto from some angle and at times looks like a Wagon R
Old 8th December 2006, 11:08   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
Forget that of a Maruti
Check out the way the doors shut on a Baleno and you will change your generalised opinion.
Old 8th December 2006, 11:36   #141
BHPian

Any new car launch is there in Dec or on Jan 2007?
Old 8th December 2006, 12:24   #142
Senior - BHPian

Swift diesel - mid jan
Palio petrol and diesel - jan
probably Aveo UVA - jan - feb
New baleno - feb - march
Renault logan - may - june
Old 8th December 2006, 12:31   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
Swift diesel - mid jan
Palio petrol and diesel - jan
probAveo UVA - jan - feb
New baleno ably - feb - march
Renault logan - may - june
Thanks for Information GeekSrik Actually a day before I inquired about Estilo at my nearest dealer, and some guy from same dealer called me and forcing me to book now as i will get that in Jan 2007... He may be thinking i will change my mind if some new car launch in Jan... [That's true also ]
Old 8th December 2006, 12:41   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Check out the way the doors shut on a Baleno and you will change your generalised opinion.
Same with Swift... Please try once with it too.
Old 9th December 2006, 12:57   #145
BHPian

First impressions...

Saw the Estilo at Popular Automobiles Trivandrum. They had two variants - a Blue Vxi and a Bright red one.

First impression was not really good as this one was standing close to the Wagon R. It looked small when standing near the Wagon R. The WagonR seemed to have a greater road presence.

Didnt drive it as demo cars are still awaited...

My takes -

1. Entry and Exit is very easy, as the car has a high stance and doors open wide.
2. The front seats are comfortable and roomy, you get a feeling of being in a big car.
3. The dash is huge...it extends a lot to the wind shield..there is quite a lot of space between the dash edge and the wind shield...this definitley gives the feeling of a big car, but dont even think of seeing the bonnet from inside...may be a problem for many...compared to my PalioD, the dash is huge and front body visiblity is very less.
4. There is a quarter galss in the front, and the A pillar is very wide..could cause issues when taking U turns..
5. the steering wheel is sporty in beige color. felt a bit plastcky though.
6. the controls looked standard...not much fun to operate.
7. the audio slots (two separate cubby holes) could take a double din player...it seemed a bit far from the drivers position...may be difficult to operate while driving...safety says one shouldnt
8. gear shift lever and hand brakes are nicely chrome lined...the hand brakes looked and felt similar to any other car...
9. One big disappointment was the gear shift,....it felt really bad ...may be it could be better with the engine running....i dont understand why maruti has came up with this pathetic gear box..may be it runs well..but feels very very bad...you have to search for each gear slot to put the vehicle in gear...my palio, even though a diesel, has a much better shift...
10. the back seats are not 60:40 split...so may be a problem for some....the seats in the rear are cramped..its strictly a 4 pax car....no support fro thighs or neck in the rear...
11. the boot lid has a handle like the door handle on the outside and opens smoothly...the boot is adequate for the size of car...i cant compare it with any other vehicle other than my palio which has a bigger boot.....like in the palio there is a small hold inside the boot lid, for closing the boot lid...
12. the bonnet lid is very small....the ngine bay looked cramped, even though everything is neatly arranged,...people might find issues with fitting extra horns or any relays....since the bonnet door is small access to various parts of the engine may not be easy...dunno for sure...
13. head lamps are huge....going almost all the way to the bottom of the wind shield...fog lamps are integrated for the Vxi...

Overall I a not very impressed with the whole package...may be because i went with great expectations...a nice car ..but there are definitely better options...

the price quoted was 3,81,000 odd OTR for the LXi and 4,07,000 OTR for Vxi without ABS...with ABS it would cost 4,37,000 OTR..
the WagonR is comparitively priced...3,85,000 for LXi...

seeing the similarity in price, my obvious question to the sales person was that would it be self cannibalism...the answer was funny to hear...the Estilo is for people below 35 years ,and WagonR for the 35+ crowd....only time would tell which one would survive....

All said and done, for a sub 4 lakh car, i would think twice before deciding on the Estilo...if Fiat brings up the favelifted Palio with a frugal 1.2 engine for a similar price...I would definitley go for it....this is my personal opinion

the dealer has promised to bring the car to my place on monday..will take a test drive and see if my opininos change...

Last edited by basilmabraham : 9th December 2006 at 13:11.
Old 9th December 2006, 13:02   #146
BHPian

Good review basilmabraham thanks for posting in details.....Waiting for your opinion after test drive
Old 9th December 2006, 14:52   #147
Team-BHP Support

hmmm....

with just 4k difference, the wagonR makes more sense...
Old 9th December 2006, 15:02   #148
BHPian

Good Inputs @basilmabraham.

Somehow the package you have mentioned reminds me of the Matiz.

Is this Estilo something similar to the Matiz..

I guess the Estilo has more negative inputs at this stage than any other small car launched
Old 9th December 2006, 20:37   #149
Team-BHP Support

Thats because, it is succesor to a very very good car... The Zen...

Estilo sure seems like another hit from maruti... There is a lot of interest in trivandrum... One of my friend booked it, another going to... Am going for test drive with the second guy... will post pics and report...
Old 10th December 2006, 07:26   #150
BHPian

True @CrAzY dRiVeR, the showroom was full of people roaming around the Estilo....

I feel this may be too early a time to book it....it might be wise to wait atleast till new years...then again if some one feels that this is his/her dream car, then there is no stopping you...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks