Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2019, 03:53   #1591
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nitin View Post
Any idea what "Booking ID" you get after prebooking means? I was going through my phone and my Booking ID is B201900032. Wondering if that means I'm number 32 in the queue to get the car? I do understand that the actual delivery would depend on other factors like the dispatch schedule & color/trim selected.
Such booking IDs have been issued only for online pre-bookings done since 16th Jul as far as I’m aware. However, the dealers have started accepting offline bookings much earlier. I’ve seen the booking register of a dealer in Bengaluru with offline bookings dating from 1st Jul. When asked, the SA told me that they’ll combine the offline and online bookings and serve on first come first serve basis. As per some reports, the first day 6046 bookings reported by KIA includes all bookings until end of 16th Jul - offline & online, with a ratio 3:1 respectively.

Can somebody who has pre-booked offline confirm whether they’ve received such a booking ID?
Old 7th August 2019, 05:54   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
GTX +DCT is a real top end

Diesel auto misses out on safety, like electronic stability control and curtain airbags
No 360 view camera and front sensors too
Also underneath the steering, switches for HUD and Traction Control Off are missing and dummied out. In Diesel topend, 360 camera can be had as an accessory (sale advisor confirmed on this). The button near the gear lever is not dummy and at present nothing happens when you press the camera button.
Old 7th August 2019, 11:01   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
GTX +DCT is a real top end

Diesel auto misses out on safety, like electronic stability control and curtain airbags
No 360 view camera and front sensors too
Diesel top end does get front parking sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Also underneath the steering, switches for HUD and Traction Control Off are missing and dummied out. In Diesel topend, 360 camera can be had as an accessory (sale advisor confirmed on this). The button near the gear lever is not dummy and at present nothing happens when you press the camera button.
Interesting; i asked my dealer and he wasnt sure though he said they may offer this as an accessory. HUD, he said, will not be available.
Old 7th August 2019, 12:17   #1594
BHPian

Probably the best video so far to see the Seltos in all color options:

akhil_rpmlover is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 12:45   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Probably the best video so far to see the Seltos in all color options
Looks nice indeed. I am to decide on GTX or GTX+ (both in Auto) based on the pricing. All black interiors is a must for me and I am inclining towards Red or Black color. My wife has asked me rule out White, Orange and Grey (my current XUV 500 color). My daughter has been saying blue and her decision hasn't changed at all. Don't think I will be able to fulfill this wish of my daughter.

How would GT variant look in Red or Black? Also how tough is it to maintain black colored cars?
Old 7th August 2019, 13:04   #1596

Just had the opportunity to check out the Seltos. I must say it is a well designed car, the one which brings the feelers of Hyundai. i somehow missed the wow-factor when I saw it in flesh and my excitement went out of the window when I sat in the driver's seat. To me, Seltos appeared to be a mixed bag.

Checked out the GTX+ (17.5L OTR as confirmed by SA)and HTX+ (18.5L as conformed by SA) variants and I must say the packaging is top-notch. following are my observations:

1. There have been a lot of discussions on the front end and many liked it as well, I am no different here. I was totally blown away by the amount of efforts the designers must have put in and boy it shows. the side profile looked pretty much neutral and has nothing to write about, at-least no negatives here. While the rear was not that great. i thought the designers must have lost fuel while they reached the rear end.

2. The interior is undoubtedly well knit. From the dash to the boot, everything falls right into the place. However, there seem to be few ergonomic flaws. The GTX+ comes with a HUD which I felt was of no use for a tall person like me, it had limited real estate. I measure 6 Feet and had to hunch to look into the HUD, the other option was to lower the seats and this lead to a compromise in the frontal visibility. Bad, very bad from Kia. Other aspects exceptionally well places. The ICE is another aspect which can be very subjective. To me, I felt the designers pasted a Flat TV which formed a few crevices and cleaning will definitely be a tough job here.

3. The rear bench had loads of space and even when the front seat push back to its limit, the knees never scrapped them. I am sure the rear benchers will be pampered in Seltos.

4. Overall, I seem to like Seltos, but will I put my money in it, may be after the drive experience. The car does have lot of jingles to talk about but they are nothing if the drive experience is not good, having said that the pricing might play a big role in either taking this car to the top or leave it to be a dud. I will probably wait a few more days and drive myself to make the judgement on betting on it.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th August 2019 at 09:44. Reason: Formatting, spacing
Prime is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 13:57   #1597
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Vijay Sharma for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Here is a small video of the GTX DCT version with all Black interiors in a tweet from one of the auto mags.
https://twitter.com/autox/status/115...899189762?s=09
Quote:
I am sharing a pic from a video that was posted on the forum. Looks like the GTX with DCT model will have 360-degree camera but will not have the ventilated seats.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190806163939_chrome.jpg
ChiragM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 14:26   #1598
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi All,

Finally saw the Seltos today at the Kia motors showroom on Sohna Road in Spaze Boulevard. It is a pretty smallish showroom and very bland and there is only one car on display, which is a Gravity Grey HTX+ Manual Diesel variant.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-frontquarter.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-taillights.jpg

It has the ventilated seats and sunroof , but did not have six airbags so my guess is that the HTX+ variant will not have six airbags. The Sales advisor was also not knowledgeable at all and he had hardly any info on the final variant specs. Guess that they have not received any official variant list yet and they are also in the dark like all of us. Hopefully the Media guys who are doing the media drives currently in the Goa will have the full info (which should be live by 9th Aug Evening 9pm)

So here is my take on the car:
Overall the size is quite unimpressive and dimensions and posture look extremely Creta Like - if one sees only the side profile of the car in a Fleeing glance, you will think of it as a Creta, albeit with fancy headlights and tail lights. In height it is even lesser than Creta.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-frontgrill.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-grillcloseup.jpg

The front Grill to me appeared extremely overdone and the knurling effect on the grill just looks too much - way too much bling for my liking.

The interior space is at par for the segment and space behind my own driving position was fair and comparable to my Jeep Compass.

The interiors with Beige and Black look modern but the light coloured beige is bound to get dirty very soon and will be difficult to maintain. The rear floor plate is almost flat (slight protrusion of around 1.5 inches)

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-floor.jpg

Overall I was not wowed by the car as much I had been with the Hector. The Seltos does not have that wow effect (at least not on me) and looks like a natural progression of the Creta platform.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-rearseats2.jpg

One major shortcoming that I noticed the car has is the small Bootspace. Buyers please be wary that the actual bootspace of this car is not more than 330L (I actually measured and calculated it) - see below.

As per the Boot measurements, the actual boot space is :
(109 cm x 42cm x (57+83)/2 )/1000 = 310L and if you include the small niche on the left, it is around 10L and the total comes to 320L.
This is the actual measured boot space below the parcel shelf and above the spare tyre cover. The real boot space in the Seltos is much lesser than that in a Renault Captur or a Nissan Kicks (as both these cars don't have the spare in the boot and it is below the car)

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-bootspace.jpg

The paper figure of 430L actually includes the Spare Tyre space - which is unusable for most people unless they remove the spare tyre and travel without that.

Overall the car is decent in fit and finish but the metal panels are not heavy (much lighter than the Hector and the Jeep Compass) as the car seems built to a cost. I expect that Kia will price the car same as the current Creta to gain decent share, if they price higher than the Creta, they will not have much luck.
Behemoth is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 14:47   #1599
BHPian

Now as the time to decide on trim and engine options for Seltos come near, one question: considering that all engines of Seltos are BS-VI labelled, what will be the implications of these vehicles running on BS-IV fuel, as the case would be for a car delivered in September 2019, say till April 2020 when BS-VI fuel will be available? Will the Sulphur content in current BS-IV fuel cause harm to engines designed to burn fuel with lesser Sulphur content (as in BS-VI fuel)?

Further, in the same scenario, should one worry about petrol or diesel engine choices here? Any thoughts or guidance will be much appreciated.
anoop cheeran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 14:49   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to Vijay Sharma for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Attachment 1903174
GTX (Manual and Auto) will not have 360 camera. This is just the button, pressing which nothing will happen. 360 camera is going to be available as an accessory for a few variants. Could be the same for front parking sensor also, which could also be available as an accessory without which a dummy button would be there. There will be no such option for Ventilated seats and the buttons will be shown as dummy.
MukundanMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 17:38   #1601
BHPian

Crosses 23,000 bookings. That's a pretty big consumer interest for a car whose variant details are not yet "official" and prices are still unknown.

Link
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 18:14   #1602
Senior - BHPian

Maroon and grey looks classy but other colors are too flashy. Diamond braces at the front spoil the look!

Last edited by Latheesh : 7th August 2019 at 18:16.
Old 7th August 2019, 18:20   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Maroon and grey looks classy but other colors are too flashy. Diamond braces at the front spoil the look!
May be because you (and all others) have in person seen these 2 colors only. Red GT Petrol and Grey Diesel are displayed as standard at all dealership. Test drive has begun in other locations, but not yet in Hyderabad. So I am not sure if you had seen other shades in test drive car. Given a choice, I would want to personally see each of the color and then decide my choice.
Old 7th August 2019, 18:31   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
H
One major shortcoming that I noticed the car has is the small Bootspace. Buyers please be wary that the actual bootspace of this car is not more than 330L (I actually measured and calculated it) - see below.

As per the Boot measurements, the actual boot space is :
(109 cm x 42cm x (57+83)/2 )/1000 = 310L and if you include the small niche on the left, it is around 10L and the total comes to 320L.
This is the actual measured boot space below the parcel shelf and above the spare tyre cover. The real boot space in the Seltos is much lesser than that in a Renault Captur or a Nissan Kicks (as both these cars don't have the spare in the boot and it is below the car)

Attachment 1903175

The paper figure of 430L actually includes the Spare Tyre space - which is unusable for most people unless they remove the spare tyre and travel without that.

Overall the car is decent in fit and finish but the metal panels are not heavy (much lighter than the Hector and the Jeep Compass) as the car seems built to a cost. I expect that Kia will price the car same as the current Creta to gain decent share, if they price higher than the Creta, they will not have much luck.
Very interesting. Is this the case with all cars or specific to Seltos. I mean Nexon and the likes advertise 350L boot space. Now I am curious whether it includes the spare wheel space as most CSUV have the spare tyre inside the car
Old 7th August 2019, 18:52   #1605
BHPian

Got this PDF brochure from capital KIA, OMR.. looks like there is no DCT option on the GTX+ 1.4 turbo.

Kia following it's sibling's footsteps for India.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kia Seltos Variant Wise Features (2).pdf (10.97 MB, 643 views)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks