Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2019, 10:07   #1561
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Does anyone know if it’s a FGT or VGT in the diesel? If it’s a FGT, that’s not good news.
Hyundai has moved to VGT Diesels long back and now with the 1.4,1.6 crdi. Seltos should be a VGT as well.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 10:56   #1562
BHPian

I finally managed to take a 10km test drive of the GTX+ manual, with all the trims and features that keep changing with each leak, my consideration which started with the auto GTX, went to 1.5D CVT HTX+ and with again the confirmed news of the GTX+ DCT back to the 1.4 Turbo.

This was my third visit to the showroom and my second time fiddling patiently with the GTX+. Here are my additional observations. I had made a detailed post, the last time I visited so will not repeat:

1. I can't get over the chrome knurling, especially under the showroom lights it just IMO should not belong on a car, unless a bentley or a rolls.

2. The height of the bonnet compared to the small and sharply raked windscreen gives it quite menacing sporty look, but it does come at a price of not really getting a commanding position. When you are sat in the driver seat, almost cuts a significant amount of your eyeline when looking at the road ahead. The very long bonnet almost looks like a big plate of metal and the low seating further accentuates it. You can overcome this by pumping the seat all the way up, but that doesn't feel very comfortable as then you either have to recline the seat cushion forward, or else it is difficult to operate the pedals. Although once you find your driving position, the seats are soft but supportive, you just miss the feel of a SUV.

3. Once you are inside, it feels more like sat in a plush hatchback with a long hood than in a SUV. To some this may be preferable. Further the lack of width, doesn't give you the 'big' car feel. XUV 3oo, on the inside seemed a fair bit wider to me.

4. The seats although are extremely plush and well designed, and the leatherette feels of good quality the near egg white interior colour and the hoards of people that it had to deal with in the 2 days of showroom duty meant, that it was already showing black/blue imprint marks from people's bottoms on all sides, many noticed them right away like me. The door pads next to the armrest also feels quite soft and plush. It would be a nightmare to maintain with Kids.

5. The engine as many mentioned is super silent, but you do also miss the lack of a sporty sound when you rev it (or may be the streets were too noisy to get a listen)

6. The ever-confusing and long list of features is still something the SA's and the customers are struggling with, saw many sitting with the printed list and pen and paper trying to make sense out of the various options

7. The grey really pops out under showroom lights and have a good amount of metallic pop in it. I wonder if it would be similar for other colours as well.

8. The panel gaps are consistent, but at some places not as tight (under the headlights, bonnet, etc.) But, still better than the lot.

9. The headlights have a decent illumination (i found the low beams to be a bit lacking though). The fogs are super bright. Cornering function is missed though (I couldn't perceive)

10. The extended DRL under the grill, has a separate switch, they are not part of the DRL illumination.

11. Only when you indicate a left or right, the BVMS camera feed comes to the the 7inch MID, however, I found that the placement of the screen is not something which makes it useful, as you have to literally look down in order to see, which in my view defeats the purpose! I feel Civic's implementation of the feed only for the left camera in the ICE will feel more natural and useful.

12. The 360 camera because of the screen orientation is not that useful as the size of the bird eye split screen becomes too small and a large part is only dominated by the front or the rear camera feed, whichever you choose.

13. I have said this before, the screen orientation and its narrow height IMO makes it appear much smaller than its size as most of the functions use split screen, and coupled with the dark theme it is not easy to follow or read on the move. I generally like to see more portion of the map towards the direction that I am heading, however, being portrait and narrow, you get a larger view of the surroundings and very small view of the area ahead. The HUD will only show navigation direction if you are using the inbuilt navigation.

14. The HUD is very bright and at least in night easily readable. However, I found the 3 screen system fairly confusing (however, I guess we are heading to the era of only screens). I personally feel, a 7inch MID and also a HUD and a high placed big screen is an overkill. I would not miss the HUD at all and wont even use it most times after the initial newness wears off.

15. The suspension in both cars at the rear bottoms out as soon as it is fully loaded, I checked it several times both inside the showroom and outside. The suspension also is quite stiff and the car on slow speeds feels slightly uncomfortable on potholes and broken roads. However, it does inspire confidence. The breaking pedal feel is also progressive and reassuring.

16. The clutch travel in the GT is long and light, it does have the typical quality of such systems, which gives the power suddenly in a jerk, which will take getting used to.

17. The drive was too short to get any feel of the steering. The wheel itself is quite nice to hold. The chrome though feels a little too much for my taste. The horn though is nice.

18. I was expecting quite a lot from the Turbo and I was quite disappointed. The car has a very short torque curve and peaks very quickly, after which it is very flat (because of the Turbo), dare I say it, enthusiasts will not like it at all. The mileage also suffers drastically with a heavy foot and you don't get the requisite drama, neither orally or in sense of shove. If you wouldn't have known the on paper figures, you would have not guessed it. I am scared to think how would the DCT behave if this is manual

19. The dancing beat lights from the speakers, is like a fellow patron at the showroom said like a light show suited in a 'dinchak cab', I would never use them. The sound quality also I didn't like (Hector, Harrier are much better), I didn't fiddle with the equalizer though. But the Bose badges to most people was enough!

20. It would be interesting to drive the DCT, as with the drive modes and the traction control modes, quite a lot is missing in the GTX+ manual drive feel as well. Also with the recent DCT's being tuned more for comfort than performance and shift times (unlike the DSGs), it would be nice to understand how they suit the GT character.

All in all, I again came back feeling that Seltos is a sensible car which will do well; just like Creta, however, it is strictly a premium CSUV, and with its dimensions inside and out feels even more so. I was really rooting for the enthusiastic driving that a GT should offer, but I didn't feel it at all. So I am having difficulty placing the GT, as to where it sits? Also after the pricing will come out, I predict many people may feel HT version (which misses on the airbags and ESC, which for most Indians is not priority) are better value and would find more takers. Although this may not be true for Bhpians.

Also I have been told that expect the GTX+ DCT now around 17L ex-showroom, which would make it very expensive (more than Hector DCT Sharp). I hope it is not true, as at that price I do not think it will sell much beyond the initial months. I am still keeping my pre-booking, but now I am slightly tilting towards the Hector.

Last edited by ampere : 6th August 2019 at 19:52. Reason: 2 Smilies per post please
AGwagon is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 11:06   #1563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Media drive presentation slides
Some more notable ones from evoindia @ Twitter.

- The 1.4L T-GDI petrol is pegged at 16.5 kmpl for the 7-speed DCT, and 16.1 kmpl for the MT. 0-100 kmph timing is at 9.7 seconds.

- The 1.5L NA petrol has a certified FE of 16.8 kmpl for the CVT, and 16.5 kmpl for the MT.

- The 8-inch subwoofer for the Bose sound system is located in the boot on the driver side.

- You get 8 mono colour themes and 6 multi colour themes as adjustable mood light options.

- 8 monotone and 5 dual-tone colour options will be on offer.

- Kia claims to have the biggest HUD display size compared to it's global peers.

- Connectivity options tie-ups are with LG, Amazon, Vodafone, MapMyIndia, Hyundai among others.

- They claim best-in-segment opening width of the boot.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-3.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-4.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-5.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-6.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-7.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-8.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-9.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 11:06   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page! Attachment 1902603
This is fantastic news, especially because it confirms that Kia has its ears to the ground and are serious about customer preferences and aspirations!

While I don't care much about the Sun Roof, Bose Speakers or Ventilated Seats, the Power Seat, Surround View Monitor and the Front Parking Sensors certainly complete the package. As for the Blind View Monitor, I'd actually straight up disable it - it's distracting and does not obviate the need to use side mirrors.

Now, for wishful thinking's sake, Kia should take their ability to surprise to shocking levels and announce a pre-launch face-lift with the ugly flat panel like layout on the dashboard swapped for what is offered on the international version.
Very frankly, I'd be far more favourable to cut the cheque with this change rather than GTX plus set of features!

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos_aus_hu.jpg

Image Source: CarAdvice Australia

Last edited by pannags : 6th August 2019 at 11:11.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 11:20   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Do you mean to say - "I am most definitely not buying the Seltos anymore"

If that's the case, please consider visiting another showroom instead of rejecting the car based on the experience from one showroom. Here is a thread on that topic -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...l-because.html (Had a bad sales experience at a dealer? Please do NOT eliminate the car model because of that!)
Thanks for this perspective, but what amazes me is that none of the people I mailed have responded or asked anyone to get in touch. I have owned Maruti vehicles for about 30 years now and I have always been approached by senior folks if I ever had an issue with the service or with any vehicle (including recently a toeing requirement). If Maruti can be responsive to customers with their lakhs of customers, is expecting the same from Kia unfair? Or have i been spoilt by Maruti?
anubhav7286 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 12:29   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Oh, I absolutely agree with you that if this is indeed true that KIA has their ears to the ground. Unlike homegrown companies and even Honda/Toyota who don't listen to Customer feedback at all. And oh, by the way, the Harrier infotainment display (the design) does come really close to what you would expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
This is fantastic news, especially because it confirms that Kia has its ears to the ground and are serious about customer preferences and aspirations!
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screen-shot-20190806-12.22.53-pm.png  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 12:35   #1567
BHPian

Pics from the VIP Media Test Drive from Honest Tech Auto Fb page

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_122815.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_122751.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_122731.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_122054.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_121936.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_121906.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_121837.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_121751.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_121730.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_121711.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_121647.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_121624.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_121557.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_121529.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_121513.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_121457.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_123322.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190806_123302.jpg

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 6th August 2019 at 12:36.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 13:03   #1568
BHPian

Mod note: Please post again after going through this - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...-team-bhp.html (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP)

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th August 2019 at 13:09.
Old 6th August 2019, 13:14   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
As far as I can tell, it doesn't work for Jio numbers. Tried with two numbers and didn't get the message. Worked with other operators.
Thanks, but mine is Voda. Have tried with two numbers, still no success
Old 6th August 2019, 13:40   #1570
BHPian

Saw a few pictures on twitter, the Red and Black car looks stunning!
The white and black is not bad either. And it looks like the DCT cars will have 7DCT badging on the side.

Image source:

https://twitter.com/sidpatankar
https://twitter.com/TheUditPaliwal
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-ebov__tuyaay71u.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-ebntngfucaifrop.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-ebntngavaaezvl.jpg  

TG_F196 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 14:35   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Got this as Whatsapp forward. Looks official.

Can someone explain as to why no sunroof with dual-tone?
As I understand the GTX+DCT is already slotted to reach 17L ex-showroom which Kia wanted to avoid, as the sticker shock will bring direct comparison to bigger boys, but they obliged looking at customer reaction.

Since the Sunroof is only in the ..X+ variant, I feel they do not want to add more to pricing with Dual tone option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Pics from the VIP Media Test Drive from Honest Tech Auto Fb page

Attachment 1902942
Thanks for sharing, so this means that Black leatherette is an option so GTX/X+ may get this option.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 15:03   #1572
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a small video of the GTX DCT version with all Black interiors in a tweet from one of the auto mags.
https://twitter.com/autox/status/115...899189762?s=09
Behemoth is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 15:18   #1573
BHPian

Sirish Chandran from EVO India has tweeted this of his experience during media drives. Interesting to see how these guys find a way out to say things even during embargo.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1565084804015.jpg  

RaghuVis is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 15:28   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Here is a small video of the GTX DCT version with all Black interiors in a tweet from one of the auto mags.
https://twitter.com/autox/status/115...899189762?s=09
While this is definitely a welcome news (especially for me), whats worrying is the dummy/non labelled buttons near the auto gear lever. Could be a GTX variant with 360 camera and ventilated seats missing. Cannot be GTX+ for sure!

Last edited by MukundanMK : 6th August 2019 at 15:35.
Old 6th August 2019, 15:39   #1575
BHPian

Received the below SMS yesterday evening from Kia Dealer Autobahn in Mumbai. It is pretty cool that dealers are sending messages to prospective customers informing them that their wish has been granted.

KIA SELTOS GT PETROL AUTOMATIC 7 speed DCT with Electric sunroof, BOSE Music system, Head-up Display, 360? Camera, Ventilated Seats & many more segment features.
Click below link to avail early delivery in festive season.
https://rzp.io/l/Gm8PEmQ

Contact 9029292929
Kia Autobahn
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks