Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2019, 23:07   #1711
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Saw a few of the reviews, most of the reviewers seem to love the ride quality, Although BHPians who have gotten a chance to drive the car saw otherwise! Don't know what to think of it, and there seems to be no car available to test drive in Mumbai yet.
Old 9th August 2019, 23:26   #1712
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this :

Quote:
During the unveiling event of the Kia Seltos in India, a small group of ‘select media’ members were allowed to shoot the car separately – a day in advance. This handed them an unfair advantage, as their first impressions, write-ups and videos were out while we were still attending the unveiling ceremony held on June 20th 2019.

A small ‘select media’ group was taken to the brand’s production facility at Ananthapur and was given a purported ‘sneak peak’ of the product. When the concerned officials were inquired by this group about the activity, they commented that it was just a feedback session, and no reviews or opinions were meant to come out of it. Contrary to what we were told, full blown text reviews of the car having being driven at the company’s production facility were published on the respective platforms of these media outlets. Not just was an unfair advantage handed to a select group of media, the rest of the media was blatantly misinformed about the event.
Link to Article

Please continue discussion over here (Behind the Scenes: How Press & Media Drives Work).

Last edited by ajmat : 12th August 2019 at 19:42.
Old 10th August 2019, 02:09   #1713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Just came across this :

This has already been discussed extensively. Just go back 3-4 pages, and start reading from there.

Among Amateur Videos, Najeeb Rehman Video on YT was decent and good, but it's in Malayalam language. I see most of the Hindi reviewers repetitive and loud.

P S: I don't understand a word in Malayalam, still found it good enough to understand, as the terminology will be in English.
Old 10th August 2019, 08:22   #1714
BHPian

Attached is a snip from NDTV’s review of GTX DCT. All black interiors definitely looks good. This could mean that GTX+ DCT and probably HTX+ Auto won’t be available as part of the initial launch variants. Out of the 4 switches around the gearbox, 3 of them are dummy (driver side ventilated seats, passenger side ventilated seats and front parking sensors). The 4th button is active, which is for 360 camera. However nothing would happen pressing this bouton. 360 camera can be added as an accessory, post which this button will be active.

GTX Auto is expected to be priced higher than HTX+ and GTX+, both manuals. This means this variant would be the costliest variant during launch. It’s a tricky situation for those looking for the GTX+ Auto. If Kia confirms the availability in terms of date, then well and good.

The price difference between GTX and GTX+ Auto would be very similar to the price difference between GTX and GTX+ Manual. One can use that as a reference to decide on the variant to be finalized for their booking.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-567180f3ea0b4718ab218d1474e9521a.jpeg  

Old 10th August 2019, 08:54   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
The 4th button is active, which is for 360 camera. However nothing would happen pressing this bouton. 360 camera can be added as an accessory, post which this button will be active.
Sharing a screenshot from the Instagram of Autocar journo Nikhil Bhatia who did the review of the Seltos
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190810085112697_com.instagram.android.png

Cheers!
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 09:12   #1716
Senior - BHPian

A couple of questions, for all those who've seen/ driven the car :

1. How's the space in the rear? It looks pretty spacious with ample legroom but I was wondering can it seat 3 people at the back comfortably ?

2. How is the under thigh support? A lot of people said it's a tad bit less.

3. The HUD is worth the hype?

4. How's the ride quality? Say as compared to the Hector.
Old 10th August 2019, 09:21   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
As was shown up in the inclement conditions in Goa over the past week. I will be interested to see how they actually reviewed the cars!
After reading Autocar's "review", I don't believe that those media houses that drove the car had reviewed the car so much as gushed about it. The whole article reeked of bias. I mean the entire article found literally nothing wrong with the car. I'm sure if I dig up reviews of cars like the Camry, Superb, Kodiaq, E-Class and what not, there will be some flaws while this comparatively cheap Kia is the most flawless car on the planet?! I think their credibility has taken a hit. No way a car can be flawless.
nikhilthegunner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 09:23   #1718
BHPian

As per Overdrive, Kia will Offer customisation. For example, you can buy the base variant and customise as per your needs.

If this is true, for which I've been screaming about this idea for a long time, will be great. Even, if they offer limited customisation, like Alloy wheels, Music system, leather upholstery etc., it'll be successful. Many don't mind waiting for a month or slightly more, for the delivery of Car.
jaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 09:40   #1719
BHPian

Quote:

1. How's the space in the rear? It looks pretty spacious with ample legroom but I was wondering can it seat 3 people at the back comfortably ?

Space is in the rear is adequate but average. You won't scrape your knees , but you can't slouch and lounge either. Underthigh support is IMO much better than Hector which has a small seat squab, and a little worse than the Harrier. HUD is a gimmick. As I mentioned earlier, the only flies in the ointment are bootspace and FE.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 10:11   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
Saw a few of the reviews, most of the reviewers seem to love the ride quality, Although BHPians who have gotten a chance to drive the car saw otherwise! Don't know what to think of it, and there seems to be no car available to test drive in Mumbai yet.
From the reviews the Seltos setup seems stiffer than the Creta. Again most of the reviews were in the wet and for some reason I have found even the Ecosport ride during the rains to be more cushiony than the dry. The ultimate test would be in city conditions.
Old 10th August 2019, 10:26   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Well, I have few AT cars i am owning let me give the mileages in Bangalore city.

- Honda City TC (8-10 kmpl)
- Old Santro AT (6-8 kmpl)
- Tata Nexon Diesel AMT (12 - 15 kmpl)

Only worry is Seltos engine is more closer to Hyundai's than Maruti's or Honda's.
Mods this is OT but pls allow as its crucial info for me.

Shamanth even I have the old Santro Zing AT. Since I bought it used I dunno its exact specifications. I have always wondered what type of AT it is? CVT or TC or something else? I ask becos my is in love with that AT. She doesnt even like our brand new Baleno CVT in comparison. Its a 15 years old car and still going strong. And I want to buy the same AT box type as her next upgrade. Do u know? I suspect its a TC but not sure.
Old 10th August 2019, 10:43   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
I have always wondered what type of AT it is?.
Its a 4 speed TC box. I owned a Xing AT and exchanged it for Wagon R AMT. I will regret this decision forever.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 10:44   #1723
BHPian

Quote:

Legroom in the rear is good. I'm not sure if 3 adults will fit in comfort though.

No complaints on the underthigh support front.

The HUD worked well. Nice and clear visibility of speed and navigation markers on the test car. I am not sure if the display of the HUD can be customised. I didn't ask actually. It is a clear plastic pull up from the dashboard.

I have not driven the Hector, so cannot compare. I found the ride to be on the stiffer side in the 1.4 Turbo Petrol manual I drove.
ashenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 12:24   #1724
BHPian

No Six airbags for diesel any variant. Here goes seltos out of my options
Old 10th August 2019, 12:44   #1725
BHPian

It is sad that they are not giving six airbags on any variant of the diesel
My only hope now is the petrol seltos - GTX / GTX+
Hope it does have sporty performance to compensate for the low FE (assumed).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed