Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2019, 17:31   #3211
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Man, this thread has come a long way from the last time I saw it. This product is creating all the right kind of buzz and rightly so. It is a great value package with which KIA Motors has managed to get their foot in the door in our market.

Was seriously considering the 1.4 turbo-petrol + DCT to replace my modified Polo as my daily driver. My considerations haven't brought me to "action" stage for two main reasons: 1. No top end GTX+ trim in the DCT model & 2. Lack of a GTX+ Diesel-DCT (exactly what the doctor ordered).

From what I have read around, the quality of interior plastics is a mixed bag. This is where my Polo has spoiled me in the past. I cannot stress on how long a good quality interior goes, in making a car feel special over the years.

Quote:
A majority of automakers has seen a double-digit decline in its sales last month with companies such as Tata Motors suffering as much as 56 per cent year-on-year downfall. However, amidst the widespread negative sentiments among buyers and the global recession, Kia managed to sell 7,754 models of the Seltos SUV last month.
Source: Link

Your move, VAG group. Show me whats good...
Old 7th October 2019, 17:43   #3212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
Man, this thread has come a long way from the last time I saw it.
My considerations haven't brought me to "action" stage for two main reasons: 1. No top end GTX+ trim in the DCT model & 2. Lack of a GTX+ Diesel-DCT (exactly what the doctor ordered).
I guess you have come back to this thread indeed after a long time, as both the automatics on the Turbo Petrol and Diesel motors does have a GTX+ top trim now. The only point to note is that the Diesel will have a Torque Convertor instead of the DCT that you desire.

Also interior quality is better than a Punto in every aspect AFAIK.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 17:52   #3213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Waiting for some one with the gtx to comment on the GTX DCTs mileage. I ve not seen any photo of the gtx dct console with mileage more than 7.5kmpl. My brief td returned around the same.
I went to the showroom today and met a seltos GTX owner and here is his opinion. He was there for his first service.

He drove a total of 763 kms on the odo and has driven on the highway as well. He mentioned that the eco mode delivers a lower mileage than the normal mode. He said he got a mileage of 12 kmpl on eco mode and 15.5 kmpl on normal mode. Now this is a subjective feedback and could be different as well. Overall he was very satisfied with the petrol and his previous purchase was a Nissan sunny diesel , so he was liking the whole experience and says the mileage is expected to go up.
Alive2Drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 18:24   #3214
BHPian

Can someone please give details on the on-road price of the Top end GTX+ Auto.

Below is the price list but can someone share where they were able to reduce it - e.g. Insurance/Warranty etc. Also are the dealers throwing in 5-10K worth of accessories or not.

Name:  price.png
Views: 11042
Size:  6.9 KB
Old 7th October 2019, 18:42   #3215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post

From what I have read around, the quality of interior plastics is a mixed bag. This is where my Polo has spoiled me in the past. I cannot stress on how long a good quality interior goes, in making a car feel special over the years.

Your move, VAG group. Show me whats good...
I own a Vento and I was looking at the same thing while looking at new cars. Most cars in the sub 20 Lakh price range don't have the same interior quality as my 8 year old Vento, but I would say that I was satisfied with the interior quality of the Seltos for the most part. So, have a test drive, the quality might surprise you.
TG_F196 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 19:10   #3216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Waiting for some one with the gtx to comment on the GTX DCTs mileage. I ve not seen any photo of the gtx dct console with mileage more than 7.5kmpl. My brief td returned around the same.
There was an update on this in earlier posts, refer the post #3101. Hope this helps
therider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 19:22   #3217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster17 View Post
Have a test drive of GTX+ DCT tomorrow. Wish it fulfills my expectations.

Heard a lot ! Now its time to show, Seltos, what have you got!!
Bro what' the update on the test drive?
Old 7th October 2019, 23:27   #3218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Can someone please give details on the on-road price of the Top end GTX+ Auto.

Below is the price list but can someone share where they were able to reduce it - e.g. Insurance/Warranty etc. Also are the dealers throwing in 5-10K worth of accessories or not.

Attachment 1921122
Sharing what I got from my dealer for the gtx+ dct
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1570471038648.jpg  

Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 00:23   #3219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Sharing what I got from my dealer for the gtx+ dct
thx a lot!!

What's MCD? Also, isn't RTO 8% in Delhi. How is that exact number calculated?

Also, is Extended Warranty a "must" or optional? What comes in the basic kit, shouldn't that be "thrown in" by the dealer for such an expensive purchase.
Old 8th October 2019, 00:36   #3220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also, is Extended Warranty a "must" or optional? What comes in the basic kit, shouldn't that be "thrown in" by the dealer for such an expensive purchase.
Extended warranty is always optional but should be a must add. A plethora of things are covered for a pretty nominal cost.

The kits are the places where the dealers make their margins. Add to that aftermarket add-ons like a sound system, chrome bits, seat covers etc and they've probably made a good 1-2% of the car value only from the add-ons.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 08:14   #3221
BHPian

Quote:
thx a lot!!

What's MCD? Also, isn't RTO 8% in Delhi. How is that exact number calculated?

MCD amount will be pretty much a hidden version of handling charges, the extended warranty is optional however good to opt for as the seltos is a new product of the company and makes sense to be safe

The accessories, I am being told that I can remove as and when required and the amount will be deducted from the total
Old 8th October 2019, 09:35   #3222
BHPian

This is the updated price list I got yesterday from JSP Kia Bangalore ORR.
The print out is given in the worst quality ever and this is the best I could do while scanning it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia_pricelist.jpg  

Old 8th October 2019, 12:09   #3223

Here are some of the details I have related Seltos :

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-accessories-kit.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-advaith-pricelist.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-insurance-coverage.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-jsp-price-list.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-features.jpeg

Please ignore all the pen marks on the attachments
Old 8th October 2019, 12:33   #3224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid_fire View Post
The seat covers looks really good. Fit and finish looks good to me (I am not an expert in this field). Is it leather or leatherette ? From where you did the installation ?

I am also interested in HTK plus diesel auto. Did you get a chance to compare Led head lights vs the projectors at night ? Is the low beam projectors adequate at night ?
Leatherette. Did the installation from Car Park, Chenthitta, Trivandrum (Near to the railway station).
Old 8th October 2019, 13:27   #3225

Has anybody got delivery of their 1.4 turbo GTX Plus DCT ? I'm told that they haven't received RTO approval for this model yet, so my car is parked in the showroom without being registered.

Any truth to this ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks