Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2019, 22:03   #3166
BHPian

So guys ! Update here ! Went to sparsh kia today to get an update on my booking. The sales GM said he will deliver the car before dhanteras . When I asked the reason for the delay, he said apparently kia is delivering what they have built in the plant rather than what the customers demand. He showed me the factory inventory and that had rare GTX+ models. He said that a single GTX+ has been dispatched however still more people in line before me.

Fortunately I have not sold my existing car and hence can still survive till dhanteras ( fingers crossed) .

I still do not believe the sales team and think there is something fishy.

Any similar experiences ?
Old 5th October 2019, 22:27   #3167
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Is it this one?

ASB Automobiles, Delhi Meerut Road
Plot No. C-1/2, Meerut Road, Sector 22,
Industrial Area, Ghaziabad
Phone: 8505815555

I don't see any dealer in Sahibabad though, only Gazhiabad (This is from Kia's official website)
The Sahibabad dealer is located on the NH24 to Mohan Nagar link road. Opposite red light crossing going to Vasundhara towards right. It is a sister concern of the Ghaziabad city branch and they share the cars mentioned. I TDed both at this centre with a gap of few days . Very helpful guy there.. will pm his mobile number if anybody asks nicely ..
Old 5th October 2019, 22:54   #3168
BHPian

Test drove the petrol CVT last week - HTX variant in Kun Kia dealership in Ambattur.
The drive was very impressive. CVT is butter smooth and gives a premium experience. NVH is top class with the refined engine and the smooth CVT enhancing the experience behind the wheel.

There is no point complaining about the rubber band effect which is an inherent character of CVTs. If one prefers to build up speed gradually then CVT is responsive and for a quick overtake manuvre the tip tronic helps to a certain extent. I felt the CVT & drive experience to be better than in City which has similar specs. You will be disappointed if you press the accelerator hard - as usual RPM and engine noise goes up without corresponding impact on speed.

The ride quality was surprisingly good for a car running on 17" tyres. So it'll be even better in lower variants with 16" tyres.

If one is a sedate driver, loves refinement & smoothness and is looking for a petrol AT then Seltos fits the bill perfectly. Kia could have packed in 4 airbags, ESP & TC to make it a complete package. I understand that it wouldn't be that simple considering the range on offer and the challenges in pricing.

This makes me realize once again how difficult the Indian market is to crack. Kia offers 3 different engines with 3 different transmissions packed with all the bells and whistles, yet, there is something that we find missing

Is the Ecosport AT a better all round package? It's got safety covered and costs lesser but loses sync 3 and is a size smaller.

FE was 8.7 kmpl which I feel is good enough for a test drive car. I guess owners can squeeze 10-12 kmpl considering CVTs are more efficient and it's best to drive them sedately to make the experience better.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191005_222850.jpg

Interiors of the HTK variant
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191005_223504.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191001113045.jpg

Kun Kia showroom is huge and spacious.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191005_223632.jpg

They roughly had about 70 vehicles in stock in the showroom premises itself. The SA confirmed that they have received 120 bookings of which 89 are for DCT.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191005_224023.jpg

I'm guessing that the petrol HTE variant won't be manufactured and will just be on paper for the starting price as the HTK is just 30K more.

A BHPian's relative recently bought the Creta E+ diesel. The Seltos HTE diesel offers more value for the same price @ 9.99 lacs. Seltos gives the following over Creta at the same cost.

1. BS6 engine
2. 1.5 ltr engine with more power and torque than the 1.4 CRDi - 115 Vs 89 BHP & 250 Vs 220 NM
3. Rear discs
4. 2 DIN audio with Bluetooth
5. 4 speakers
6. Projector headlamps

Anyone contemplating between Creta 1.4 E+ diesel and Seltos HTE diesel, pls note that the Seltos is a no brainier.

Seltos price list in Chennai
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191005_230528.jpg

Few pics that were shared by the SA
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191005wa0226.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191005wa0215.jpg

Seltos looks smashing in black
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191005_231814.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191005_231838.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191005wa0213.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191005wa0229.jpg

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 5th October 2019 at 23:23.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 23:45   #3169
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody here installed OE Kia Floor Mats ? If so do GT Line / Tech Line have different design ?

Also anyone installed OE Mud Flaps ?

Please post pictures, Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 23:45   #3170

Hello BHPians,
We had booked Kia Seltos GTX plus in early Aug and today heard from the dealer that they have punchy orange and grey color options ready for delivery on Dussehra. I totally dislike the grey option, though mind was always with Intense Red color but heart is now leaning towards punchy orange, more so because I want to get the car home before/by Diwali. Intense Red GTX plus as per the dealer will take at least 45 more days for delivery. I am just a bit confused whether orange will be too much in the face or it will be a cool change after having owned majority whites and silvers and blues. Any thoughts by fellow BHPians who have taken orange delivery yet or have noticed one on the road or nearby locality?
Old 5th October 2019, 23:54   #3171
BHPian

A small trip from Bangalore to Mysore via Kanakpura highway. Pretty good FE for the 1.5 NA MT on an average quality speed-limiting narrow highway.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-957a76f3ef8147a18449247d872ba569.jpeg

Observation on braking-
Braking is excellent. There was a slam-brake situation today and fortunately all is well. It was a downward slope, gravel on the work-in-progress road, a sudden-halted Fortuner in front and an ill-designed road hump immediately after I veered right of the Fortuner. Although I’m not too sure I guess it was from 80kmph to 10kmph in under 2 seconds.

Two things were observed at that moment -

1. Given the conditions, the ABS seems to have did its thing to keep the vehicle in balance.

2. At the hardest point when the brake was slammed, the brake pedal hit back pushing my foot in the opposite direction for a split second. It was very noticeable and not a subtle push. Does anybody know what this means? I wasn’t expecting such feedback from the brake pedal.

Other Observation:

1. Seltos is a head-turner.

2. The side step’s underneath clamp brushed a crater that I thought would be easily overcome. I’m not too worried though - my parents will have a hard time getting into the car without the side step.

3. For some reason I cannot get the rear seat back into its locked position. I’ll have to check this tomorrow.

Last edited by dksv : 5th October 2019 at 23:59.
dksv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 01:35   #3172
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
2. At the hardest point when the brake was slammed, the brake pedal hit back pushing my foot in the opposite direction for a split second. It was very noticeable and not a subtle push. Does anybody know what this means?
At this point of time when the pedal push-back happened, did any of the front wheels go into any pothole or did it go over any speedbreaker?
Old 6th October 2019, 01:40   #3173

Hi All,

Hurray!!! This is my first post. First of all, Thank you Moderators/Admins for approving my request to join this forum. It's been a great pleasure to be part of Team-BHP community. Also thanks to all the members for sharing the content and helping me make better decisions - be it automobile or planning a road trip.

The reason for my first post being part of this forum is - Hay!!! I booked Kia Seltos HTK+ (Diesel - AT). I would like to share my journey & learning that I went through in last 2 to 3 months as part of my 'pursuit to Seltos'.

Please forgive me if this thread seems too long.

My current car is i10. It's been partner in crime for almost a decade and is part of almost all key memories of my life. However, it's time to add one more to the garage. Hence the journey begins...

Confession : I started searching the car with the intention of finding right “value for money” - due to deep discounts that might come because of the down turn & BS4/BS6 confusion.

----------------------------
My requirements :
----------------------------
1. Budget around 12-16 lakh rupees
2. 5 people car with decent boot space
3. Need for the car that can handle not so great 'Roads of Bangalore'
4. around 800-1000 km per month including weekend longer drives
5. All 4 disk breaks
6. Minimum tire width 205 and min alloy size R16

-----------------------------------
Test Drive Experience :
-----------------------------------

After taking 16 car test drives (not counting variants), I had boiled down to Seltos, XL6, XUV300. I liked XUV 300 W8(O) diesel better. However, having gone through XUV 300 official review, having read about XUV 500 horror experiences and having seen some minor niggles in the cars that I drove (glove box latch was broken in XUV 300 and strange rattling noise in XUV 500 which the sales guy could not figure out), I was very much in 2 minds about Mahindra’s after sales support and long term durability of the vehicles. This becomes critical because, I do not intend to change car for at least another 6-7 years (7 years is minimum duration for any of my vehicle that I owned so far).
XL6 was ruled out due it it's puny tires. Hence, only option was Seltos.

All shortlisted cars defied my initial reasoning for buying a new car : deep discounts that might come because of the down turn & BS4/BS6 confusion. Still that 'HIGH JOSH' persisted and heart won the battle against brain.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Seltos Booking Experience - Part 1 : Booking
-----------------------------------------------------------

When I entered Kia showroom (ORR-Bangalore) during late August - Saturday night around 7pm. I was told - "no test drive beyond 6pm" and was asked to come next day. When I went on Sunday, again it seemed very chaotic. There were so many people and most of them with mobile phone camera. Sales guys looked out numbered by cameramen and were unable to distinguish between customers and (probably) youtube uploaders though I went there with my family. I was told there is a queue for TD and it might take couple of hours for my number to come. So, I decided to give them a little time to settle, gave my card to sales person and came home.

One of the sales person promptly gave me a call in 2-3 days and told he will book HTX Petrol automatic TD (I had shown interest in Petrol manual then). He had manual diesel and automatic petrol options ONLY in techline (topmost variants respectively). The test drive was only for around 2 KM on ORR. I was really surprised someone not giving decent test drive for customer who came with cheque to buy a car that is worth 16+ Lakhs on road. The next week again I ended to driving diesel (same 2km stretch).

-------------------------------------------------------
HTX Petrol MT v/s HTK+ Diesel AT confusion
-------------------------------------------------------

Reason for the 2 model confusion :
1. Both met all my requirements
(Please note : lower petrol variants do not have all 4 disks; HTX Diesel does not have AT & HTX Petrol AT is 17.4 lakh on road Bangalore - out of budget)
2. What I loose out by selecting HTK+ Diesel AT over HTX :
- HTX has 215/60R17. But, 205/65R16 do not look bad either. Any suggestions for replacing it with 215/60R17. As far as I know, It costs 50K for upgrade including buyback. I don't know if upgrade is worth the money. Need expert opinion here
- Tire pressure monitor
- LED headlight, fog lamp, sweeping LED bar, duel muffler design (I don't care)
- 8 inch touch screen v/s 10 inch one from HTX & all connected car functionality (was not my requirement anyways)
- Air purifier (I might miss this one)
- All LED lights and mood lights inside cabin (I am buying a car not disco theater); LED sound mood lights are there even in HTK+
- Rear charger
- 60:40 rear seat, cup holder, arm rest, adjustable head rest and adjustable back rest (good to have features not must have)
- Auto AC (I miss this one)
- Leather seat (Need to visit after market - Kindly suggest; need expert opinion)
- Few other cosmetic features
3. Advantages of HTK+ D-AT over HTX P-MT:
- Not many; Except - Higher Torque, Automatic variant, better fuel efficiency, similar price bracket.

However, given that the price difference is negligible (16.2 Lakh ex showroom for HTX Petrol MT vs 16.7 Lakh for HTK+ D-AT), I ended up booking HTK+ D-AT by paying 25000/- during last week of Sept. I was told to wait for 2 months for booking.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Seltos Booking Experience - Part 2 : Cancellation
---------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, my frustration increased as the sales team in this specific showroom were not caring for customers and also they were not well informed about the vehicle. For many queries, I was told that the person will get back and that never happened. More so, even after waiting almost 1 month since my first visit, I was yet to get Diesel-AT test drive.

My patience level broke when after multiple failed attempts to reach out to accessories department (of the same showroom). I am assuming they are yet to hire staff in all department. Sales person had no clue about any of the accessories - availability and pricing. So, I cancelled my booking on Oct 4th morning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seltos Booking Experience - Part 3 : Re-booking at different dealer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like a lightning out of the blue - One of the message that I had read in this forum said (not in exact words), "Never discard the good car for not so good dealership experience (Had a bad sales experience at a dealer? Please do NOT eliminate the car model because of that!)". This lifted my spirits and I looked for alternate dealership.

I ended up calling another dealership which is near lalbagh road though it is far from where I stay. Luckily they had Gravity grey in HTK+ D-AT variant and I am promised that I will get the car delivered in 7 working days time. They had Diesel Automatic for TD and I got a decent test drive for around 30 mins (that too after 6pm - earlier showroom had refused TD after 6pm). Sales team was never in hurry to reach showroom for next booked TD. The sales team was also well trained and to my surprise and contrary to my earlier 1 month experience - in one sitting, I could clarify all my doubts, meet finance, accessories & insurance team and complete the booking by around 7:30pm.

After submitting the documents, now I am hoping for the Finances to clear and get my hands on new CAR. Keeping fingers crossed. Waiting for PDI & registration next.

Thanks for reading, I will share the pics and info on accessories as soon as I get the hands on the car.

Misc :
1. This is my first post. So please share any feedback that might help me to improve my subsequent posts

2. Even after 3 days since I cancelled, I am yet to get confirmation that it is processed

3. I got call today from the first dealership that HTK+ D-AT is available and can be delivered in a weeks time. I refused as I had already booked through another dealer and have requested for the refund
aditya_rd is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 03:29   #3174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
So guys ! Update here ! Went to sparsh kia today to get an update on my booking. The sales GM said he will deliver the car before dhanteras . When I asked the reason for the delay, he said apparently kia is delivering what they have built in the plant rather than what the customers demand. He showed me the factory inventory and that had rare GTX+ models. He said that a single GTX+ has been dispatched however still more people in line before me.

Fortunately I have not sold my existing car and hence can still survive till dhanteras ( fingers crossed) .

I still do not believe the sales team and think there is something fishy.

Any similar experiences ?
It’s been 5+ Months now and I have no clue on when I’m getting the car. Booked at frontier Kia. Never have even test driver the car. What a horrible experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
2. At the hardest point when the brake was slammed, the brake pedal hit back pushing my foot in the opposite direction for a split second. It was very noticeable and not a subtle push. Does anybody know what this means? I wasn’t expecting such feedback from the brake pedal.
it’s the ABS. It kicks back the pedal.
quickdraw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 04:59   #3175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post

Anyone contemplating between Creta 1.4 E+ diesel and Seltos HTE diesel, pls note that the Seltos is a no brainier.
I whole heartedly agree, however I don’t believe Kia intends to make any of these. I booked HTE diesel over 2 months ago, on day 1 of the bookings opening, yet have not got any indication of when the car will be delivered. HTE Diesel is just a fake paper tiger with a big nose that will never be seen outside the zoo!
Old 6th October 2019, 06:28   #3176
BHPian

Hey guys here’s the update on my booking. 1 out of my 2 bookings have been confirmed for delivery on October 10-12th. Just received a call from SA yesterday that my brothers booking of GTX+ Manual Grey colour has been dispatched and is expected to arrive by 10-12th Oct. So i guess company has started manufacturing plus variants in full swing.
Now just waiting to hear for my booking of GTX+DCT. Hope it arrives before Diwali.
Old 6th October 2019, 06:37   #3177
BHPian

Two quick questions:

What's the waiting period for the GTX+ DCT in Chennai?

Is the Seltos going to be available thru CSD soon?
Old 6th October 2019, 07:36   #3178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
At this point of time when the pedal push-back happened, did any of the front wheels go into any pothole or did it go over any speedbreaker?
Let’s say I’m 80% sure that was the point when the front wheels hit the speed-breaker. Do you think it’s expected the pedal to behave that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
it’s the ABS. It kicks back the pedal.
I see. Thanks.
I had tested the braking during TD with some hard braking, but that was on an empty stretch of a good road and was with pre-intention. This kick back of ABS wasn’t seen/felt. Real-world panic braking will have an intensity that we normally don’t have during 30-min TDs - maybe that was why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Anybody here installed OE Kia Floor Mats ? If so do GT Line / Tech Line have different design ?

Also anyone installed OE Mud Flaps ?

Please post pictures, Thanks
Please overlook the muck.

OE PVC floor mats on Tech Line. Nothing to talk about. Took these just because I did not have time to get better ones before my trip.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-cd86c61deecd41d5ba8a17e356c45dfe.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-cf90c5ac87d6466d9329f9c6a48f9793.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-7fc8ee6664604ccd8556a834a38244c8.jpeg

Notice where it ends.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-d057cef345894cda9ae4bb5e001529ea.jpeg

OE Mud Flaps.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-cc319bf633e447a0aee1780cc709fdf4.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-a89350054a0940809f4e79f230128b4f.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-318fdcd952e54fcaabff76c585f9dea5.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-3f662a2c2b83480480c37a3b6bd7a046.jpeg

Last edited by ampere : 6th October 2019 at 12:49. Reason: back to back posts merged.
dksv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 08:17   #3179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post
Hello fellow Seltos owners, I got an aftermarket seat cover and steering cover installed from Car Park, Trivandrum on my Seltos HTK+.

Cost of leather seat cover (soft leather, they said): Rs 12800 (I know this is expensive but it feels good and looks good to me)
Steering cover (with the same material): Rs 950
The seat covers looks really good. Fit and finish looks good to me (I am not an expert in this field). Is it leather or leatherette ? From where you did the installation ?

I am also interested in HTK plus diesel auto. Did you get a chance to compare Led head lights vs the projectors at night ? Is the low beam projectors adequate at night ?
rapid_fire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 09:06   #3180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
Hello All,

On September 1st, I became a proud owner of 'La'Belle' KIA Seltos HTK+ petrol manual variant
We bought another HTK+ but this time Diesel variant, manual transmission, Gravity gray color.

Here are my initial observations only on the drivability point of view in both city and higway.

What I liked :
  1. Torque, city drivability is slightly better as frequent down shifts are avoided.
  2. Punchy mid range, overtaking became easier without much downshifting.
  3. Fuel efficiency in highway, saw MID display of 20+ kmpl and 900+ range.
  4. Highway driving is more fun with that extra torque and turbo, shuttling between 40 to 80 was easier when managing the traffic.

What I didn't like :
  1. NVH levels are high & evident from the noisy engine, I didn't enjoy the engine roar when RPM is increased, badly miss the silent cabin from petrol, this is a deal breaker.
  2. Clutch is long and heavy, cumbersome for city drive, got a mild knee discomfort after 25kms of city drive, didn't face this in petrol variant even after 100 kms of city drive.
  3. Gear shifting was not smooth like the petrol's one, different gear box?
Don Dasco is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks