Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2019, 16:54   #3121
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Why are we so obsessed with Creta comparison? Anyways this model of Creta is going away soon. Also we should not be comparing features, price etc with the current model as it is not fair to compare a BS6 new launch variant with a dated BS4 model
Old 3rd October 2019, 18:30   #3122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Does the HTE's music player have a USB port for pendrives?
Yes, it has. And a 12 volts charger too. USB Charger is missing, but slot is available. Same thing on the rear AC. Slot is available for 12 volts charger. Check for yourself with the image.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1570107619519.jpg  

Last edited by jaaz : 3rd October 2019 at 18:32.
jaaz is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 20:01   #3123
BHPian

Have a test drive of GTX+ DCT tomorrow. Wish it fulfills my expectations.

Heard a lot ! Now its time to show, Seltos, what have you got!!
Roadster17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 20:22   #3124
BHPian

I'm trying to arrange a quick test drive of the HTX Petrol IVT, but no one is answering the number mentioned in Google Maps for Kia harlur, from last 3 days... dang
Answer the phone Kia team
Old 3rd October 2019, 20:42   #3125
BHPian

Did anyone manage to get a test drive/ vehicle delivered in 1.5L Petrol Manual combination ? A friend has booked this vehicle without a test drive as there are no test vehicles available (He drove a Diesel Manual to get a feel of the dynamics and comfort)

Sales Advisor is saying that there are no test drive vehicles available in 1.5L Petrol+Manual combination. Not sure whether he is well informed.
Old 3rd October 2019, 21:21   #3126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
Did anyone manage to get a test drive/ vehicle delivered in 1.5L Petrol Manual combination ? A friend has booked this vehicle without a test drive as there are no test vehicles available (He drove a Diesel Manual to get a feel of the dynamics and comfort)

Sales Advisor is saying that there are no test drive vehicles available in 1.5L Petrol+Manual combination. Not sure whether he is well informed.
Yes your SA is right, 1.5 petrol MT TD is nowhere available.

People don’t even buy a perfume without spraying that tester. For a million bucks car no test drive should be a “no purchase”. These companies need to suffer by loosing sales for such strategies.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 3rd October 2019 at 21:23.
Old 3rd October 2019, 22:06   #3127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster17 View Post
Have a test drive of GTX+ DCT tomorrow. Wish it fulfills my expectations.

Heard a lot ! Now its time to show, Seltos, what have you got!!
Which dealer? We need to book test drive as well.
Old 3rd October 2019, 22:06   #3128
BHPian

I was transferring all the stuff I carried around in my Rapid to my Seltos.
Positive - The space around the spare wheel under the boot platform is very useful. It gobbled up a car vacuum cleaner, a tyre inflator, an empty 2L bottle (I carry it just in case I suddenly need to fill the windshield washer) and some other small stuff. Everything from the Rapid's boot went into the Seltos and yet nothing is visible on opening the boot!!

Negative - The glove box of Seltos is really SMALL. With the documents and user manual in, all I could put in was my wife's sunglass, and a shopping bag for emergency shoppings. Rapid's glove box was twice the size!!
biplab3110 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 22:32   #3129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Which dealer? We need to book test drive as well.
Kia Sahibabad. Kia Ghaziabad has a Dct test drive car which is shared with its sahibabad branch.
Roadster17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 23:09   #3130
Distinguished - BHPian

Does any Kia dealer in Delhi/GGN has the Diesel AT TD car? I went to see the car and came back impressed. Size, fit and finish, features, it has got them all. The camera quality was really good too and not just a case of putting something for the sake of it.

The only confusion is choosing between the Petrol and Diesel AT GTX+. There is a price difference of approx. 40k upfront in the OTR prices. But I am worried about the FE of the Petrol engine combined with potential issues of the DCT. On the other hand you get a 15 year running life with the Petrol.
Old 3rd October 2019, 23:35   #3131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Does any Kia dealer in Delhi/GGN has the Diesel AT TD car? I went to see the car and came back impressed. Size, fit and finish, features, it has got them all. The camera quality was really good too and not just a case of putting something for the sake of it.

The only confusion is choosing between the Petrol and Diesel AT GTX+. There is a price difference of approx. 40k upfront in the OTR prices. But I am worried about the FE of the Petrol engine combined with potential issues of the DCT. On the other hand you get a 15 year running life with the Petrol.
Same here have been searching for the diesel car test drive .

Another point, I am now running out of patience as my dealership is not giving me enough concrete information on the car availability. 2 days back they said we will provide the gtx+ diesel auto by October mid. Today they said the car has not been manufactured yet. This is getting really frustrating and I have dropped an email to kia about it. I do not expect a response.

I told the sales guy that I will shift my booking to a different dealer to which he said I will need a few days to reply . They were coming up with lame excuses that we have only 10 cars. I told this does not match the other dealers delivery yard and he has no answer to it .

I had booked the car on 30 June 2019 and still awaiting the car.
Old 3rd October 2019, 23:53   #3132
BHPian

Quote:

Yes Kia Dhingra in Gurgaon has a diesel AT test drive vehicle. I think its a HTX+, It would be great if you would call them ahead and book the test drive.
vap2151 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 23:54   #3133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I guess it should be pretty clear. If FE is not the criteria, you should go for the 1.4 DCT which is much more powerful and a superior gearbox. I think the DCT issues are little over-exaggerated and hopefully Kia will come up with a nice extended warranty plan.
Old 3rd October 2019, 23:57   #3134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster17 View Post
Kia Sahibabad. Kia Ghaziabad has a Dct test drive car which is shared with its sahibabad branch.
Is it this one?

ASB Automobiles, Delhi Meerut Road
Plot No. C-1/2, Meerut Road, Sector 22,
Industrial Area, Ghaziabad
Phone: 8505815555

I don't see any dealer in Sahibabad though, only Gazhiabad (This is from Kia's official website)

Last edited by panamera13 : 3rd October 2019 at 23:59.
Old 4th October 2019, 00:07   #3135
BHPian

Got my 1.5 Petrol HTK delivered today

As somebody has already pointed out 1.5 petrol MT cars are not available for TD anywhere. I got this car without a TD of the exact combination! However, I had done 5 TDs so far - 2 on 1.5 Diesel HTK MT, to check the gearbox, ICE and 2 on 1.5 Petrol IVT to check the engine performance and 1 on 1.4 Petrol DCT just for the feel of it. I know its not ideal but it is what it is.

Here are my first Impressions:
1. For me it was very easy to find a comfortable seating position. I’m 5’ 8” by the way.

2. Visibility is good. Part of the touchscreen panel that protrudes above the dashboard lies within the bonnet line that is visible from the seating position. So the vision of the road is not affected.

3. During my night drive from the temple back home I found the low beam on the projector headlamps lacking. I’m comparing them to something like Osram night breaker laser halogens. Did not get a chance to test high beam. I’ll have to test these projectors properly and see if I need an upgrade.

4. The 1.5 NA has a linear power delivery and is evident that it is the weakest engine in the lineup (I have driven all 3 engines). But it suits my moderate needs from a city car that clocks occasional highway trips.

5. The gearbox is smooth but coming from a Punto I find it is not 1-finger-shift smooth and lacks the sporty feel that I am so used to.

6. The clutch is just right. Not too light nor too hard.

7. Kumho tyres are not very silent.

8. With no insulation under the hood in HTK, some engine noise creeps inside the cabin under high revs. Not so much that it bothers though.

9. I am adapting my left hand position to the fixed armrest. A sliding one would have definitely made it more convenient.

10. Pulling the hand brake is sometimes hampered by the fixed armrest.

11. The flip-key fob is of average quality. I hope it can take a few falls.

12. The HTK doesn’t come with a parcel tray. With no visual line that separates the boot, it looks HUGE.

13. The 1.5 NA sits leisurely in the engine bay and not tightly packed.

14. When the bonnet unlock lever is operated a minor jolt can be felt inside the cabin. I haven’t experienced this in many cars.

15. The manual AC chills the cabin rapidly.

16. It rained today. The wipers are excellent. But I missed the rear wipers on Day 1.

17. I programmed the * button to switch on the DRVM. Quite handy when there is no dedicated physical button for this feature on the HTK.

18. The reverse parking camera feed quality is good in bright light and adequate in low light.

Last edited by Eddy : 4th October 2019 at 07:12. Reason: Spacing for better readability
dksv is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks